Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We did get to a Super Bowl with him as the HC.

Lovie got fucked by Angelo good and hard with Angelo’s absolute refusal to draft well in the first round.

No OC worth a damn wanted to be here because they knew it was a shit show.

Then there’s the whole Rex Grossman thing.

If those teams even had an average or slightly above average offense we would’ve won at least one SB in the prime Urlacher era.

It also doesn’t help when the Packers have consecutive HOF QBs pulled out of their ass.
If you are saying Lovie didn’t have any say so in the drafting of players I would say you were wrong....

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish lovie the best and hope he can change that defense. Maybe elevate his status again.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The League figured out the Cover 2 defense years ago and Lovie never adjusted. We all saw Pagano drop into a cover 2 shell, bend but don't win, many times this past season. QBs shred the D with underneath throws all day long. I see Lovie not lasting very long in Houston unless he found a new scheme since he got fired from IU.
I always appreciated Lovie for changing the culture in Chicago and owning the Pack for awhile!

LOL What ?

teams still run cover two all the time and even Cover 3 . They didnt figure out anything Angelo stopped investing in the Defensive line and as it got older and declined so did the overall defense . The guy drafted Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson in 2004 and then basically tossed veteran free agents and late round picks at it the next 6-7 years . He then sealed the deal by trading all those assets for Cutler when he should've extended Orton to a team friendly deal and continued to build out both Olines and draft receivers instead he decided Cutler could turn Hester into a #1 and that both lines were set and it was a failure .

The Cover two is based on being able to pressure the qb with your linemen and the bears couldn't find those two edge rushers and still have overpaid or held on tooo long even today for guys that simply cant do it consistently in Mack and Quinn in a 3-4

The Texans have the groundwork for the makings of a quality 4-3 defense Watt and Omenihu on the ends ,Zach Williams at MLB and Reid at safety.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
@BearDen

You love the "mug front" or something? Dumbest shit I ever saw on the football field. Dumber than anything I could ever imagine a professional would come up with and deploy for more than 2 weeks.

They still almost succeeded only because they were stacked with greats, but you couldn't conceive of a way to handi-cap a Lobo safety/coverage backer any worse than that.

I stand by my vitriol.
I hate Lovie bro, not sure what you’re actually asking me though honestly.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate Lovie bro, not sure what you’re actually asking me though honestly.
Other than the prevent defense against Peyton Manning in the superbowl, and the red flag % being the lowest in history I believe, the "mug front" was the dumbest shit we saw during Lovie's tenure.

Those 3 things really do bring a man's intelligence into legitimate question. Babich invented it, but Lovie allowed it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yawn...wtf is this...please tell me a defense in the NFL, that was all world, with no talent lmao....oh my bad...Lovie has to take shit players and make the defense top 10...then only then, it proves he can coach......jeez
Lovie was a good coach years ago, the game has changed, Lovie hasn't.

It's really not rocket science.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least he's not fucking the Illini now. My son in law gave that prick a ticket for 40 in a 25 zone in the busy part of campus. Pissed him off.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We did get to a Super Bowl with him as the HC.

Lovie got fucked by Angelo good and hard with Angelo’s absolute refusal to draft well in the first round.

No OC worth a damn wanted to be here because they knew it was a shit show.

Then there’s the whole Rex Grossman thing.

If those teams even had an average or slightly above average offense we would’ve won at least one SB in the prime Urlacher era.

It also doesn’t help when the Packers have consecutive HOF QBs pulled out of their ass.

Knew this was coming. Those myths have been dispelled repeatedly, all of them.

RacerX

Liked Posts:

He was a good one-system DC and a likable leader in the locker-room.

Also, inept as a HC in the NFL and NCAA.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I was saying that about him in 2007

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I've said this before and I'm saying it again...

FUCK YOU LOVIE HATERS. You STUPID asses don't know what a good coach is. You bitches were happy for Fox, Trestman, and this latest FRAUD...

And you can come say it to my face. I'll be happy to meet you...

BEARS

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Yes, the players liked him and played hard for him, agreed. But so what?

Let's we compare and contrast:

Belichick: we adjust our game plan every week to expose weaknesses in our opponent and to find favorable personnel matchups, and we continually monitor and adjust intra-game.

Lovie: we get off the bus running (asserted when Ced Benson had an avg YPC of 3.2), and Lovie actually admitted proudly that he "watches tape" collectively after 4 games (i.e., each quarter season) to determine if any tweaks are warranted. Yes, he admitted to not considering opponents and not making adjustments within 4-game increments.

Lovie fanboys always claimed that he didn't adjust his one and only D scheme because he was "stubborn". The real reason he never adjusted is because he doesn't know any other system or scheme, he has always been a one-trick pony, a guy with 0.0% involvement with the offense and only one scheme on D.

Lol, whomst is this Thomas31 that negs all my anti-Lovie posts? Srs that we have a Defender of Lovie Smith actively patrolling the board awaiting his bat signal!

RacerX

Liked Posts:

FUCK YOU LOVIE HATERS. You STUPID asses don't know what a good coach is. You bitches were happy for Fox, Trestman, and this latest FRAUD...

BEARS

No one wants to meet you IRL ya fucking weirdo.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Other than the prevent defense against Peyton Manning in the superbowl, and the red flag % being the lowest in history I believe, the "mug front" was the dumbest shit we saw during Lovie's tenure.

Those 3 things really do bring a man's intelligence into legitimate question. Babich invented it, but Lovie allowed it.

And Steve Smith is STILL open on the slant, LOL.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol, whomst is this Thomas31 that negs all my anti-Lovie posts? Srs that we have a Defender of Lovie Smith actively patrolling the board awaiting his bat signal!
I admit...

When it comes to the topic of Lovie, I let my emotions get the best of me. The black coach who has had the most success over his predecessor coach and the last three successor coaches combined...

So yeah.. I'm a Lovie defender. And I'm proud of that. You knew that....

BEARS

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

BEARS
Bwahahahahaha.......that’s funny

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Defenses are pretty much the damn same..last time I checked cover 2 is still ran

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Defenses are pretty much the damn same..last time I checked cover 2 is still ran
Yes cover 2 is still 'ran,' but the Tampa 2 not so much. You don't see middle linebackers in the deep third at all anymore. Indy runs it sometimes still, but really that's about it. I don't think anyone has used it as their base defense for like a decade.

Most teams also don't run base cover 2 nearly as much as they used to, most team don't have defensive tackles that play exclusively one gap, most team employ odd fronts a good deal of the time if not all the time in base, and most importantly most teams hide and change coverages, use way more stunts, and basically are much more creative than Lovie was or is.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet he sold himself to someone...so he must know something