OT - Lovies job just got harder.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399495/article/jeff-tedford-taking-medical-leave-from-buccaneers

Jeff Tedford taking medical leave from Buccaneers

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Sept. 23, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.
Updated: Sept. 23, 2014 at 03:16 p.m.

The Jeff Tedford era in Tampa Bay will remain on hiatus.

The Buccaneers offensive coordinator is taking a leave from the team because his medical condition has not improved, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, according to two sources informed of the situation.

Tedford has missed time early this season due to a heart procedure. He has only been a partial participant in leading the Bucs' offense through three games and hasn't been able to call plays.

Tedford underwent a coronary angioplasty prior to the season and had two stents placed in an artery near his heart. He tried coming back too soon, per Rapoport. The team wants to afford Tedford time to rest and get completely healthy.

Tampa quarterbacks coach Marcus Arroyo has been heavily involved in game-planning and in the quarterback's ear during the games. His role will grow with Tedford out, according to Rapoport.

Billed as an innovator who tutored several NFL quarterbacks while at Cal, Tedford's effect on an offense that has crumbled early in the season remains unknown.

The Bucs' troubles were on display in last Thursday's debacle in Atlanta, where a porous offensive line and shoddy quarterback play short-circuited any offensive hope.

Lovie Smith cooed about Tedford's prowess when announcing his handpicked choice to lead the offense. We still don't have enough information to even refute Smith's assessment.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Lovie is on his way to the #1 pick. With the amount of talent the Bucs have on D it is surprising how bad he has made them. The Bucs were bad last year but Schiano had them playing D.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, this time around its Lovie playing the skin flute.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Can't ever catch an oc break. Quote humorous

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Can't ever catch an oc break. Quote humorous

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Other than Tedford having a fairly serious heart condition, you mean.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Lovie is on his way to the #1 pick. With the amount of talent the Bucs have on D it is surprising how bad he has made them. The Bucs were bad last year but Schiano had them playing D.

Their defense is hurt just as bad as ours. We just happen to have the fire and passion doh