WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Minshew is like four years for $2.7MM.

Who of value could we trade to JAX for him?

Also, why wouldn't they just keep him as the backup? Would he have to be a holdout to force a trade?
I think somebody will “make an offer they can’t refuse” for Minshew. He’s shown enough for somebody to take a gamble on. Personally if I was in charge of the Jags, Foles would already be on the trade block though.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
you’ve been making the case that John Fox can run a better offense than Matt Nagy. I feel like you could answer that yourself if you had conviction in that statement.
To this point is there any reason to believe Matt Nagy could put an offense better than my high school football coach could?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To this point is there any reason to believe Matt Nagy could put an offense better than my high school football coach could?
he doesn’t do himself any favors but his starting QB is a high school QB

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Explanation?
For starters, it takes 5 years to master his offense. Second, he’s small and slow. A terrible combination. a little push in the middle and his passes are getting swiped down or his ball is in the air longer. If you think Trubisky can’t see the field in this offense, put someone smaller and slower with less exp in there.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing solid? Harsh. He’s definitely solid. Might not be a franchise qb but the small sample size shows that he can play.

I’m not sold on Theodore for what the asking price will probably be. He’s in a great situation. I get Matt Cassel vibes. But at this point I’d be happy with anyone except Mariota.
Minshew solid backup maybe. Nothing special. Bridgewater has shown he can play at a high level and if Bears opt for a QB vet, he's one that can be more than a temp fix, still young. Do we trust the Bears to draft another QB? I can't.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Minshew solid backup maybe. Nothing special. Bridgewater has shown he can play at a high level and if Bears opt for a QB vet, he's one that can be more than a temp fix, still young. Do we trust the Bears to draft another QB? I can't.
I thought you would commend his warrior spirit, but I actually agree with you. Plus, Jaguars are not letting him go for anything. They’ll pay Foles 15m next season just like the Pace did GlenNon

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are your feelings on the Saints retaining Bridgewater this offseason? Do you think they keep him to be heir apparent? Do you think Brees returns next season?

Teddy will probably fetch the most on the open market out of any other FA next spring, but if I am the Saints...I try to get a respectable looking extension out of him to stay ASAP. It is the only spot he should be able to sustain the successful run he had this season.

However, if wants to just cash in....highest bidder will probably not be the Saints. Unless Brees walks away on his own next Feburary...which I will never believe happens until after it happens. You don't walk away from a HOF QB to throw 100 million at Teddy freaking Bridgewater.

I personally think he has too many limitations to get in a bidding war over him.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You know that wasn’t my point. You spin around here more than Charles Leno.
I actually have no idea what your point is. Both have had shit QBs but one of the 2 offenses are horse shit while the other was bad.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A few good games with Sean Payton. You cannot say that he’s more proven than Minshew when we have a larger sample size of BridgeH20 playing poorly than we do Minshew.

60ish million for him? Feels very Bears. Feels bad.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You know that wasn’t my point. You spin around here more than Charles Leno.
My point is he’s not a great caller but 2019 Mitch is all time bust bad. Nagy has to do a better job of putting Mitch in better positions but a better QB could take advantage of some of these situations by making the right read and delivering on the throw. We saw it the very first pass on Sunday. John Fox didn’t have anything that bad for that long. This Mitch is different than 17-18 Mitch. If you blame Nagy for that, then say you’d give Mitch a shot in ‘20. But you won’t because you think he’s terrible.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
IMO Saints would be foolish to let Teddy go. He has shown he can be a really good QB for them longer term than Brees due to age. I don't see why they wouldn't wish Brees well on his new team.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ultimate Bears would be signing Bridgewater to 60m, cutting Trubisky, Saints sign Mitch and he comes in balling after Brees retires in 2021 while Bridgewater falls on his face.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few good games with Sean Payton. You cannot say that he’s more proven than Minshew when we have a larger sample size of BridgeH20 playing poorly than we do Minshew.

60ish million for him? Feels very Bears. Feels bad.
What did Minshew really do? Got a few wins over shit teams. Was average overall but I don't get the feeling he has much more to give. I feel like he was overachieving just to be an average QB.

What did Bridgewater do? Kept the team on top while their elite QB was out. It's as if they didn't miss a beat while Drew was out. That was more surprising to me than anything Minshew did.

Your feelings about him could be right but as possible vet QB options for the Bears go, I think he'd be the best choice...price, aside.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What did Minshew really do? Got a few wins over shit teams. Was average overall but I don't get the feeling he has much more to give. I feel like he was overachieving just to be an average QB.

What did Bridgewater do? Kept the team on top while their elite QB was out. It's as if they didn't miss a beat while Drew was out. That was more surprising to me than anything Minshew did.

Your feelings about him could be right but as possible vet QB options for the Bears go, I think he'd be the best choice...price, aside.
He played well vs good defenses and showed an ability to rally his team late. The jags are no Saints.

Bridgewater was good but he has a lot of support from coaching to personnel on both sides of the ball. What good defenses did he beat? Chicago’s the only one I can think of but he didn’t do anything the first half outside of a scoring drive that started in the red zone. Bears D gave up that game.

We’re just gonna go in circles here. We both think the other is overrating their guy. Not like it matters. Minshew won’t be available.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
I just saw that Foles is back and starting. So Minshew wasn’t benched. When I saw this thread I figure the s third string guy was gonna play

Yea Foles is back and healthy. I think they paid Foles alot of money and want to see if they can win with him. With Minshew being just a rookie they can afford to have him sit the rest of the year. I'm betting you will see more of Minshew if Foles doesn't pan out.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's under contract until 2022 and is making under $1M. Why would the Jags trade away a very cheap, capable backup? Maybe a better way to look at that is how much would you have to give away to pry him from their hands.

As for the benching, he's the backup. That's what backups do when the starter comes back.