OT - Mond positive for COVID

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kellen Mond tested positive for COVID. Two other QBs including Kirk Cousins were high risk, close contact and they’ll be quarantined for 5 days since they weren’t vaccinated. Jake Browning a 2019 UDFA is the only QB available to practice.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
They never mentioned if Mond was fully vaccinated. Cousins & Stanley were not.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They never mentioned if Mond was fully vaccinated. Cousins & Stanley were not.
If vaccinated, he'll be back with 2 negs while the other guys will have to miss 5 days either way but I doubt that will happen or be the case.

I suspect that Mond isn't vaccinated. Vaxxed players only need to test every 2 weeks and you'd think that the 1st day of camp has to be one of those. He's getting tested more often and this sounds like he's not vaxxed.

"You know, quite honestly, after everything we went through last year, I'm not surprised one bit," coach Mike Zimmer said when asked how he felt about missing players due to COVID issues. "I am disappointed that this happened. I'm frustrated, not just with my football players who didn't get vaccinated, but I'm frustrated with everybody [who didn't]. We'll just do the best we can. It's just disappointing."

Jake Browning, who is fully vaccinated according to Zimmer, was Minnesota's only quarterback available for Saturday's practice. Browning signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2019 and was a member of Minnesota's practice squad the past two seasons. He is competing for the backup job behind Cousins.

"Jake's really smart," Zimmer said. "He's vaccinated, that helps to be the backup. So as we move forward here, he's gonna get a ton of reps tonight. ... He's out there, he's available, that's important. It's important to be available when you're playing football, a team sport."

Zimmer did not specify how many additional players would have to miss Saturday's practice and if the Vikings would be placing anyone on the COVID-19 reserve list. The Vikings coach did, however, say the team did not consider cancelling the evening practice.

"Something like this happens a day before a game that has a chance to get you to the playoffs or something like that ... this Delta variant is rough," Zimmer said. "You can see the cases going up every single day now. That's why, for the sake of everybody's health, I think [getting vaccinated is] important. But some people don't understand, I guess."

I'm hoping they're all asymptomatic and not dealing with Delta.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If vaccinated, he'll be back with 2 negs while the other guys will have to miss 5 days either way but I doubt that will happen or be the case.

I suspect that Mond isn't vaccinated. Vaxxed players only need to test every 2 weeks and you'd think that the 1st day of camp has to be one of those. He's getting tested more often and this sounds like he's not vaxxed.

"You know, quite honestly, after everything we went through last year, I'm not surprised one bit," coach Mike Zimmer said when asked how he felt about missing players due to COVID issues. "I am disappointed that this happened. I'm frustrated, not just with my football players who didn't get vaccinated, but I'm frustrated with everybody [who didn't]. We'll just do the best we can. It's just disappointing."

Jake Browning, who is fully vaccinated according to Zimmer, was Minnesota's only quarterback available for Saturday's practice. Browning signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2019 and was a member of Minnesota's practice squad the past two seasons. He is competing for the backup job behind Cousins.

"Jake's really smart," Zimmer said. "He's vaccinated, that helps to be the backup. So as we move forward here, he's gonna get a ton of reps tonight. ... He's out there, he's available, that's important. It's important to be available when you're playing football, a team sport."

Zimmer did not specify how many additional players would have to miss Saturday's practice and if the Vikings would be placing anyone on the COVID-19 reserve list. The Vikings coach did, however, say the team did not consider cancelling the evening practice.

"Something like this happens a day before a game that has a chance to get you to the playoffs or something like that ... this Delta variant is rough," Zimmer said. "You can see the cases going up every single day now. That's why, for the sake of everybody's health, I think [getting vaccinated is] important. But some people don't understand, I guess."

I'm hoping they're all asymptomatic and not dealing with Delta.

Zimmer really going in on unvaxxed. Good for him. Nice to see a real answer to a real question and not the pre-packaged bullshit these folks normally spew.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Zimmer really going in on unvaxxed. Good for him. Nice to see a real answer to a real question and not the pre-packaged bullshit these folks normally spew.
I think cause had this been IN season on a Saturday, since Cousins is unvaxed, he'd be out for the 5-10 days, and Zimmer would be stuck with his #3...maybe even having to forfeit if ore players had to sit out.
Coaches just care about records, and the new NFL rules are really gonna turn teams and fans on the Anti-Vaxers, which is good.

This is pretty much how its gonna be everywhere in a few months I suspect. You're already seeing businesses say get the shot or find a new job. Its really gonna suck to be an Anti-Vaxer in the near future. And I'm 100% for it! :)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
New Orleans is requiring vaccination or A dislike test to enter music venues. Funny, the people that were bitching about reopening and losing small businesses are the same people who refuse to get a shot.
If it wasn't for the health care workers being overwhelmed, I'd say throw caution to the wind and let the unvaccinated get sick. Everyone who wanted the shots have gotten them by now. Everyone else can play roulette if that's what they want.

No lockdowns, no mask mandates, no vaccine passports.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If it wasn't for the health care workers being overwhelmed, I'd say throw caution to the wind and let the unvaccinated get sick. Everyone who wanted the shots have gotten them by now. Everyone else can play roulette if that's what they want.

I just gave 15 or so vaccines at work yesterday which in June the numbers were getting down to 0 some days, so the spike must have boosted concern and convinced some more people. But it definitely isn't the overwhelming demand we had the first few months

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I just gave 15 or so vaccines at work yesterday which in June the numbers were getting down to 0 some days, so the spike must have boosted concern and convinced some more people. But it definitely isn't the overwhelming demand we had the first few months
My company paid for a mobile unit to come out and workers could do it on company time...I don't think many ppl used it.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not exactly true. I know a few people who are waiting for FDA approval before the get it but plan to get it post approval.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So Vax players only have to test every 2 weeks despite studies showing that they get the delta variant at a similar or higher rate than the unvaccinated and have a higher viral load of the virus?

They're basically super spreaders

#science

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So Vax players only have to test every 2 weeks despite studies showing that they get the delta variant at a similar or higher rate than the unvaccinated and have a higher viral load of the virus?

They're basically super spreaders

#science
Wat?

A higher viral load? What source?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My company paid for a mobile unit to come out and workers could do it on company time...I don't think many ppl used it.
My company gave every non-salary employee 4 hrs of pay and an extra sick day if they needed it after they got their 2nd shot and setup a partnership with a local health system to make it easier. I’d say about 55-60% of the hourly employees are still wearing masks.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Not exactly true. I know a few people who are waiting for FDA approval before the get it but plan to get it post approval.
And don't forget that kids still cannot get the vaccine. I have a little niece who is at risk for her heart condition, and people wanting schools to fully reopen without masking would put her in danger.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Simple. No proof of a vaccination, no hospital bed for you.

Health care workers are no longer overwhelmed.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Simple. No proof of a vaccination, no hospital bed for you.

Health care workers are no longer overwhelmed.
Not sure you can deny people medical treatment because of that