OT - Mond positive for COVID

greg23

Liked Posts:
I can see this won't go well. Your mind is made up. For some reason, I thought I got that from WSJ and not WP.

The issue isn't if it came from the lab but whether Fauci knowingly funded GOF research and actively covered up the origin of the disease. There's no real evidence of either. He's being set up as a scape goat. I hate this because I'm not a Fauci fan but I don't see corruption here.

Here's a pub without a dog in the fight.

There's neither the intent nor corruption you're claiming.
Except hes lied about it from the get go.....but hey...listen to the dwarf

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I understand and respect your point, I really do. But hasn’t that always been the case? Smokers who refuse to quit, heavy drinkers who refuse to quit, people with the flu who didn’t get the vaccine (perhaps they were intending to but got sick before they could) vs people who need medical care due to no fault of their own.

I’ve had the vaccine, so I’m not debating that, just saying hospitals always have to deal with the issues you’re describing, apart from Covid.
Yes, but in most regular situations, the choice is not so severe.

Examples are usually good ways to explain.

Imagine a situation where two people arrive at the hospital with gun-shot wounds to the head. The emergency area is not busy at all, so both of those patients immediately go to operating rooms and the best doctors work on both of them.

Simple.

Now imagine a bad(?) night with 10 patients with gun-shot wounds to the head. Imagine 5 operation rooms available. The most critical and the most important (police, celebrity, etc.) patients get priority. The other 5 patients are treated, with the hopes of them being kept alive until an operating room becomes available or patients are sent to other hospitals. Even here, an attempted suicide would probably already become a lower priority over others.

Tough but typical stuff that an emergency room might deal with.

Now imagine 100 patients all with gun-shot wounds. The hospital staff is overwhelmed. To make matters worse, all other hospitals in the area are overwhelmed too. It get so that some of these gun-shot wound victims are turned away because there is no room for any of them. They are told to drive several hours to another state to see if there is room at a hospital for them (no ambulances are available for the transfer).

In this situation, how do the medical staff value the lives of the attempted suicide patients versus those that were victims of a crime?

Yes, all lives matter (where did I hear that before), but when you have to turn away patients at the front door, shouldn't it be people who have no value for their own lives (or others' lives)?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fauci: Don't wear masks. They're bad cause people are always touching them and wearing them too long.

Soppy Pussies: Ok, masks bad!

Fauci: Wear masks. I just lied to save them for health care workers. Also, you can make your own masks at home. See CDC website for instructions.

Soppy Pussies: Ok. Masks good. Honest Ant Fauci would never lie.

Fauci: Wear 2 or 3 masks or as many as it takes to make breathing more difficult.

Soppy Pussies: That sounds real smart.

Fauci: The vaccine is ready right after election but this was nothing political.

Soppy Pussies: Of course not. Honest Ant Fauci never lies.

Fauci: Everybody needs to get vaccine to get back to normal.

Soppy Pussies: Uhh, duh, we want to be normal.

Fauci: Vaccinated need not wear masks.

Soppy Pussies: Maybe we should, cause we kinda ugly and don't much like to breathe fresh air anyway.

Fauci: Vaccine required by all to stop Delta variant.

Soppy Pussies: Yeah, gotta stop Delta or we all die cause it's even scarier than Alpha. Honest Anthony never lie.

Fauci: Obviously the vaccinated will have a much higher viral load and are super spreaders of the Delta variant cause the level of virus in their nasopharynx is about 1,000 times higher than with the alpha variant. Everyone must vaccinate now!

Soppy Pussies: He's so smart. Why doesn't everybody just listen to him?

Fauci: Start wearing those masks again, vaccinated super spreaders, and get your damn boosters!

Soppy Pussies: Ok, that's a good idea. Will those booster shots kill our last remaining brain cell? Ehhh, it don't matter, we just have to listen to honest Ant and the government. Everybody should or they're real bad people!

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fauci: Don't wear masks. They're bad cause people are always touching them and wearing them too long.

Soppy Pussies: Ok, masks bad!

Fauci: Wear masks. I just lied to save them for health care workers. Also, you can make your own masks at home. See CDC website for instructions.

Soppy Pussies: Ok. Masks good. Honest Ant Fauci would never lie.

Fauci: Wear 2 or 3 masks or as many as it takes to make breathing more difficult.

Soppy Pussies: That sounds real smart.

Fauci: The vaccine is ready right after election but this was nothing political.

Soppy Pussies: Of course not. Honest Ant Fauci never lies.

Fauci: Everybody needs to get vaccine to get back to normal.

Soppy Pussies: Uhh, duh, we want to be normal.

Fauci: Vaccinated need not wear masks.

Soppy Pussies: Maybe we should, cause we kinda ugly and don't much like to breathe fresh air anyway.

Fauci: Vaccine required by all to stop Delta variant.

Soppy Pussies: Yeah, gotta stop Delta or we all die cause it's even scarier than Alpha. Honest Anthony never lie.

Fauci: Obviously the vaccinated will have a much higher viral load and are super spreaders of the Delta variant cause the level of virus in their nasopharynx is about 1,000 times higher than with the alpha variant. Everyone must vaccinate now!

Soppy Pussies: He's so smart. Why doesn't everybody just listen to him?

Fauci: Start wearing those masks again, vaccinated super spreaders, and get your damn boosters!

Soppy Pussies: Ok, that's a good idea. Will those booster shots kill our last remaining brain cell? Ehhh, it don't matter, we just have to listen to honest Ant and the government. Everybody should or they're real bad people!

:blank:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except hes lied about it from the get go.....but hey...listen to the dwarf
Most convincing argument yet. Who would know more about liars?

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yes, but in most regular situations, the choice is not so severe.

Examples are usually good ways to explain.

Imagine a situation where two people arrive at the hospital with gun-shot wounds to the head. The emergency area is not busy at all, so both of those patients immediately go to operating rooms and the best doctors work on both of them.

Simple.

Now imagine a bad(?) night with 10 patients with gun-shot wounds to the head. Imagine 5 operation rooms available. The most critical and the most important (police, celebrity, etc.) patients get priority. The other 5 patients are treated, with the hopes of them being kept alive until an operating room becomes available or patients are sent to other hospitals. Even here, an attempted suicide would probably already become a lower priority over others.

Tough but typical stuff that an emergency room might deal with.

Now imagine 100 patients all with gun-shot wounds. The hospital staff is overwhelmed. To make matters worse, all other hospitals in the area are overwhelmed too. It get so that some of these gun-shot wound victims are turned away because there is no room for any of them. They are told to drive several hours to another state to see if there is room at a hospital for them (no ambulances are available for the transfer).

In this situation, how do the medical staff value the lives of the attempted suicide patients versus those that were victims of a crime?

Yes, all lives matter (where did I hear that before), but when you have to turn away patients at the front door, shouldn't it be people who have no value for their own lives (or others' lives)?
I see your point. Hopefully it doesn’t get that bad. This has been a crazy last year and a half.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many fatalities? I heard about a study in Europe but it may have been different. I’m going off memory here but I recall it saying there were zero fatalities from within a pretty big age group.
For the most part, when a virus mutates it becomes less lethal because it’s trying to stay alive as long as possible in order to spread. But there are exceptions to this.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
For the most part, when a virus mutates it becomes less lethal because it’s trying to stay alive as long as possible in order to spread. But there are exceptions to this.
Does the vaccine still fight the variant since it’s a mutation off the original?