OT: no CFB or HS football in South Carolina if COVID rates don’t improve

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was probably close to you at one point over my vacation too. I was in Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard etc.
Did you go to DuPont state forest? Awesome hiking and waterfalls.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was probably close to you at one point over my vacation too. I was in Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard etc.

You were about an hour away. Had ya came up through Georgia you would have drove right past the mountain I live on.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Different sport and slightly Off topic, but my sons play hockey in Greenville. Oldest has travel tryouts still slated in August, so I'm holding out hope that all sports will still be a go for South Carolina. Although if it cancelled I'm sure my wife will be ok without us aking a 4 hour round trip for hockey practice on school nights.
That’s awesome! I played hockey almost all my life so it’s cool to see the sport growing in this part of the country. Are they Canes fans I guess??

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s awesome! I played hockey almost all my life so it’s cool to see the sport growing in this part of the country. Are they Canes fans I guess??
It still hasnt taken off where I live, but in the surrounding areas alot of Canes fans. Although the Preds seem to be right behind them.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It still hasnt taken off where I live, but in the surrounding areas alot of Canes fans. Although the Preds seem to be right behind them.
That’s kinda how it is back in CA too. It’s so damn expensive that it’s mainly restricted to beach communities which is unfortunate. What division are your kids in if you don’t mind me asking? Like squirt, pee wee, bantam etc.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did you go to DuPont state forest? Awesome hiking and waterfalls.
Yup. And Pisgah. Also did some rafting on the French Broad. It's like the 3rd time I've been up there, and everytime I go I want to move.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yup. And Pisgah. Also did some rafting on the French Broad. It's like the 3rd time I've been up there, and everytime I go I want to move.
I love "The French Broad," I always say it like I'm in a 40s movie.

My aunt and uncle built a house all the way on top of a mountain in Brevard a couple years ago. Reminds me of Oregon around there, just incredible country, great beer and food culture. Hard to beat.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don’t go chasing waterfalls.
BackHonoredCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Learn something new everyday....

I ask because I imagine the private schools may be exempt. Hell of a threat by the governor. Now if he can get Dabo to say the same thing.
I think Governors should have the authority to deny gatherings of 60,000 or more in a pandemic, no matter whether it is a state school or not.

The President won't take action, and leaves it to governors, and then citizens and local police and sheriffs decide they won't abide. Bullshit.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm not too familiar with Dabo but it sounds like the media just want a hit-job on the guy because of his political views/not wanting to involve politics on the field.
I think if he is taking a hit it is because a month ago he had 23 players test positive, along with 5 staff and continued practices.

Like Dabo or not, that is a bad decision.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Governors should have the authority to deny gatherings of 60,000 or more in a pandemic, no matter whether it is a state school or not.

The President won't take action, and leaves it to governors, and then citizens and local police and sheriffs decide they won't abide. Bullshit.
Governors do have that authority, or at least State Government does. As to if the Governor him/herself has the authority to act alone depends on that particular States Constitution.

The president doesn't technically have the authority to force states to do it. Nor does he have the authority to force them to re-open.