1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
10 years, 300M+.

Good luck with that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It's different than the other type of deals that have been done IMO.

He's being paid by the team he's been made with. So even if it goes south early, it's more palatable than paying someone that was never a star for you to begin with.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
My opinion of the deal has much less to deal with Cabrera's production and the health of Ilitch. If Iltich dies in the next few years it will be very very for Detroit, but if he manages to live through most of the deal then I don't doubt his ability to outspend the mistake.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the history in the last 50 years on fat guys after age 35?

I dont know, but that fat guy took a 94 MPH fastball that was in on his hands and hit it out to right center. Truly, maybe one of the most impressive homeruns I have ever seen hit. I have no idea how he hit the ball with any authority, but he did. He may be a better hitter then Pujols in his prime.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its for the owner to see them win a WS. Its a horrible contract. This is for certain getting paid for his past production. If you allocated those funds somewhere else you probably have a more balanced team. Any injury to him would be devastating. The window is this year and I really dont see them winning a world series this year. As far as pujols, Id take him in his prime all day long over miggy...all day.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
its for the owner to see them win a WS. Its a horrible contract. This is for certain getting paid for his past production. If you allocated those funds somewhere else you probably have a more balanced team. Any injury to him would be devastating. The window is this year and I really dont see them winning a world series this year. As far as pujols, Id take him in his prime all day long over miggy...all day.

Why? Besides being a homer and dont like them. Why? not being a dick. They have two cy youngs and the best hitter in baseball.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, why would you take Pujols. Is it because he didnt go against your favorite team. I disliked Pujols because he was on the Cardinals but I always respected how great he was and still can be. Miggy is no different in my book. The guy is amazing at the plate.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had the guy under contract already for his age 31 and 32 seasons. Perfect time to dump an expensive player right there. You're better off to be have him gone a year or 2 early than 7 years too late. I realize money is crazy in baseball and good owners aren't afraid to spend but Detroit went way overboard with this one.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had the guy under contract already for his age 31 and 32 seasons. Perfect time to dump an expensive player right there. You're better off to be have him gone a year or 2 early than 7 years too late. I realize money is crazy in baseball and good owners aren't afraid to spend but Detroit went way overboard with this one.

I agree, but that DH thing they have makes it totally different then trying to give a player that contract in the NL.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, why would you take Pujols. Is it because he didnt go against your favorite team. I disliked Pujols because he was on the Cardinals but I always respected how great he was and still can be. Miggy is no different in my book. The guy is amazing at the plate.

has nothing to do with him on the tigers. i always hated cuddyer. that wss the guy i couldnt stand

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility??

:smug:

That for sure. But expect a huge drop-off starting in the 2nd year of his new contract. Fat guys who age get pretty achey. And they aren't going to be able to get mama's little age helper into their system so easily. Speaking of that, the Milwaukee cheater got home town cheers big time today. He sucks.