OT - RB Cook to Hold Out

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I see 49ers tight end George Kittle holding out as well. He's going to reset the tight end pay grade at 15+ million per. Collinsworth thinks he's worth 20 million per.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is tricky for any RB. For Gordon and Bell obviously it didn't work. For Zeke and Gurley it did.

I think RBs know their careers are probably the shortest and their chances to get paid are rare. Unlike other positions there is no big 3rd contract, so the sooner the second one hits the better.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Add in that RBs are being drafted later it means that first contract is smaller than a higher pick. That combined with a shorter productive career if I was an agent I'd advise any RB to try being a safety. Those guys can get $15M a season and play into their 30s. Nowadays there's little chance a RB gets that cash or has that long of a career.

It's crazy to think back to things like the Hershall Walker trade or even how Ditka gave up a king's ransom for Rickey Williams. Just a totally different era of football.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't players need to attend camp to get an accrued season under the new CBA?

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Not sure what kind of leverage he thinks he has. He has had only 1 season where he is healthy. He wants McCaffery money. I don't see any way he gets anywhere near that. 11-12MM per tops would be my guess. Just cannot pay RB's that kind of money. Ask the Rams.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well he has the leverage of holding out of OTA's and minicamps. OH WAIT! Bad year to do this. I'm holding out. I know you can't tell but really, I'm holding out.