OT - RG3 coming out with a tell all book

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He'll be bashing WFT's medical mistreatment if his injuries, sexual misconduct and essentially all things that make the team look bad.

He's an attention whore, but still there will be some things in there that will be cringe worthy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I heard him announce the FSU vs. UF game. He actually said that UF should consider Deion Sanders as a candidate for their head coaching position. That is the equivalent of Walter Payton coaching the Packers.

If you are going to be opinionated try not to be stupid. For some reason ESPN is trying to make RG3 happen.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I can't see either Deion Sanders embracing Florida or Florida fans embracing Deion Sanders. On the other hand, he did switch from San Francisco to their biggest rival at the time, Dallas, when he was playing, so...

In any case, I do anticipate RG3's tell-all to be delightfully salacious. The lawyers are going to be pouring over it like a fine tooth comb.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yeah I can't see either Deion Sanders embracing Florida or Florida fans embracing Deion Sanders.
Yeah I was watching the game with a friend, FSU fan. I am UF fan. And after that was said we both looked at each other like WTF did he just say. We both agreed it was one of the dumbest most uninformed takes we have heard from an announcer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He'll be bashing WFT's medical mistreatment if his injuries, sexual misconduct and essentially all things that make the team look bad.

He's an attention whore, but still there will be some things in there that will be cringe worthy.
That he got re-inserted into that playoff game after further injuring his knee, even if he wanted it, was a travesty.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That he got re-inserted into that playoff game after further injuring his knee, even if he wanted it, was a travesty.
Yeah, just the way his knee buckled it's hard to feel it was structurally sound going into that game.

Granted, he did get beat up quite a bit in that game. Could have been a mid game thing, but still.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, just the way his knee buckled it's hard to feel it was structurally sound going into that game.

Granted, he did get beat up quite a bit in that game. Could have been a mid game thing, but still.
He injured it worse during the game, got taken to the locker room and came back out with additional bracing before it completely folded. I get letting him start but once it got more injured/looser, call it before you completely blow out the knee... like he did.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I'm sure you'd want transparency, regardless of where it comes from.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I heard him announce the FSU vs. UF game. He actually said that UF should consider Deion Sanders as a candidate for their head coaching position. That is the equivalent of Walter Payton coaching the Packers.

If you are going to be opinionated try not to be stupid. For some reason ESPN is trying to make RG3 happen.
He suggested Tim Tebow as well, saying:

"So, if you throw Tim Tebow in there, surround him with structure, have about three or four previous head coaches on his staff to help him figure out the vision of his program, that's going to bring excitement to the Florida Gators. It's going to have players be intrigued, excited about going into Gainesville and recreating that culture they had oh so long ago."

Griffin III cited Deion Sanders as an example of how this kind of structure has been successful but also acknowledged that Tebow has zero coaching experience.

"But, coaches don't need to be X's and O's guys," Griffin III said. "They have to be motivators, and that's what Tim Tebow does best."

I mean that is just fucking insanely stupid, like BF51 had a threesome with DB70 and WCBfan kinda stupid.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
As an Eagle fan who often enjoys watching the dumpster fire known as the WFT I'll probably pick it up and give it a read.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Tim Tebow would be a disaster of a coach.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yes the Tebow thing was also ridiculous. Hire a guy with zero coaching experience to run a major CFB program. But at least he was a gator.

I so wish ESPN would get back to quality sports and not hot takes but I think that mission statement is long long gone.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes the Tebow thing was also ridiculous. Hire a guy with zero coaching experience to run a major CFB program. But at least he was a gator.

I so wish ESPN would get back to quality sports and not hot takes but I think that mission statement is long long gone.
RGIII is worse at sportscasting than he was at pro footballing. Can't remember who he was paired with, but you could hear the " What did I do to get paired with this ignoramus?," in his curt answers to RGIII's stupid suggestions.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As an Eagle fan who often enjoys watching the dumpster fire known as the WFT I'll probably pick it up and give it a read.

That dumpster fire is getting pretty "hot" at the moment. Certainly the hottest in that division ?