OT: Sean “Pill Popping” Payton to Broncos

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Add saints to the list of QB needy teams with enough ammo to trade up to the first overall pick
They are in a very weak division but other than that they are a good bet to finish with meager win totals in 2024 and 2025.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Broncos better hope this works. After everything they gave up for Wilson and now Payton.... if they suck again next year, I bet lots of people are gonna lose their jobs.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Add saints to the list of QB needy teams with enough ammo to trade up to the first overall pick
The would have to give up the farm. Probably would have to include some of their young talent and maybe a veteran or 2 for a team looking to contend.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Denver's next two seasons are tied to the fate of Russell Wilson anyways. A late first round pick was unlikely to do much to change their trajectory. The Bronco's situation still seems pretty dire but ultimately I don't know what else they could've done that is better than Sean Payton here.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The would have to give up the farm. Probably would have to include some of their young talent and maybe a veteran or 2 for a team looking to contend.
If both 1.30 and 2.41 are on the table and New Orleans is the only team willing to give up first round picks in 2024 and 2025 then I would be hard pressed. Though I'm not sure if that's a deal that really works for either side at the end of the day.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Remember when Albright said that Payton wasn't gonna be their coach?

Guy is such a loser
Lolololol. I wonder what his response will be. He was also suggesting that Harbaugh was still a possibility

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Broncos better hope this works. After everything they gave up for Wilson and now Payton.... if they suck again next year, I bet lots of people are gonna lose their jobs.
Agree. But Their defense did very well last year and the minute Hackett left town Russell Wilson actually did well also. Had they scored 18 points per game last year they would have had one of the best record in the league so I think they are poised for a quick bounce back.

Last edited:
Reactions: BNB

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Payton has a pretty good track record as a HC, I imagine the Broncos will show improvement next year.

It's not a great roster, but it's better than some teams.

Nice receiving corps, when healthy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Payton has a pretty good track record as a HC, I imagine the Broncos will show improvement next year.

It's not a great roster, but it's better than some teams.

Nice receiving corps, when healthy.
They have a pretty decent defense too. Chiefs could be in for a Super Bowl hangover, Raiders are in some state of disarray and the Chargers have the wrong head coach. Its an average-to-above-average roster, if Russell Wilson has even a partial bounceback season they are probably the second best bet in that division.

Bust

Liked Posts:

all the pressure is on Russell Wilson . . .

if Russell Wilson rebounds Payton will get all the credit
if Russell Wilson sucks again, he gonna be the most hated man in denver

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
its the broncos 1st and 2nd rd picks in exchange for payton and the saints 3rd rd pick
All for a guy who runs a scheme that is a terrible fit for Wilson.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
All for a guy who runs a scheme that is a terrible fit for Wilson.
well it may be that wilson pushed for payton too, wilson imo still prob believes he can be the guy in a heavy passing scheme and hackett was just a bad fit for him. i'm just glad bears didn't hire paton for GM, i remember he was a hot name at one point...