OT: SF wants Cousins?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jimmy G. was hurt and will have no restrictions coming into this year. He's the QB that led them to the Super Bowl a year ago. Teams with hurt QB's are forced to play backups, but it's not permanent.
And yet, SF wants to get rid of him.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
And yet, SF wants to get rid of him.
And I don't blame them, and do think Cousins is an upgrade. My comments were sarcastic responses to another poster.

What I find interesting is that Mcvay and Shanny are viewed as two of the best offensive minds in the game and are looking to move on from their hand picked QB's. I think arrogance had them thinking their systems were good enough for lesser QB's, and are coming to the realization they need more. It's an interesting development.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe, or just realizing their window is closing so they're going for that rebuild mode after they saw was a meh QB like stafford got.
Or maybe you just don't have an effing clue what your talking about? But please, tell us more Sensei!!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well Deshaun Watson didn't really give us much of a sample of wins in 2020, so I'm looking at the losses instead.
Good thing you're ignoring his two good years eh?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I don't blame them, and do think Cousins is an upgrade. My comments were sarcastic responses to another poster.

What I find interesting is that Mcvay and Shanny are viewed as two of the best offensive minds in the game and are looking to move on from their hand picked QB's. I think arrogance had them thinking their systems were good enough for lesser QB's, and are coming to the realization they need more. It's an interesting development.
Correct, except McVay inherited Goff. Jeff Fisher was in on drafting Goff.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What I find interesting is that Mcvay and Shanny are viewed as two of the best offensive minds in the game and are looking to move on from their hand picked QB's.
Jared Goff: Drafted first overall April 28th 2016
Sean McVay: Hired as Rams head coach January 12th 2017

I love this board. Its truly an incredible group of minds.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Generally yes. I don't think Kirk Cousins represents much of an improvement unless you are a team really starting from zero. The Niners happen to be one of those teams that are starting from zero.
LMFAO. no, they are not close to being starting from zero. The defense is top 10., maybe top 5. The offense had SOOOOO many injuries. Even if Jimmy G. was injury free last season, they would have made the playoffs.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I swear if Cousins is moved and we end up with Foles starting or mitch back.....
Mitch is not coming back, zero chance. At least be relieved about that

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Correct, except McVay inherited Goff. Jeff Fisher was in on drafting Goff.
Correct. Mcvay took the job with him there and extended him. He had the chance to walk away once already, unless there was a disagreement with Snead.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Jared Goff: Drafted first overall April 28th 2016
Sean McVay: Hired as Rams head coach January 12th 2017

I love this board. Its truly an incredible group of minds.
We'll chat as soon as you stop running away from your own stupid statements. I'll try again, but I know you'll deflect:

Now, your turn. Please explain 1.) how they are starting from zero(your words). 2.) your conspiracy theory that the ankle injury was a farce just to get him off the field (also your words)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
We'll chat as soon as you stop running away from your own stupid statements. I'll try again, but I know you'll deflect:

Now, your turn. Please explain 1.) how they are starting from zero(your words). 2.) your conspiracy theory that the ankle injury was a farce just to get him off the field (also your words)
And how did Sean McVay handpick a quarterback who was drafted nearly a year before McVay was hired? I really wanna know how McVay broke the rules of space and time to make that one possible.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
LMFAO. no, they are not close to being starting from zero. The defense is top 10., maybe top 5. The offense had SOOOOO many injuries. Even if Jimmy G. was injury free last season, they would have made the playoffs.
At the quarterback position the 49ers are starting from zero. That is what I meant.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
And how did Sean McVay handpick a quarterback who was drafted nearly a year before McVay was hired? I really wanna know how McVay broke the rules of space and time to make that one possible.
Deflection accurately predicted.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Deflection accurately predicted.
I guess when you decide that he is worth a134 million dollar extension you aren’t real sure if you want him as your quarterback.