OT: SF wants Cousins?

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I am no fan of Kirk Cousins but its a definite improvement. Its been over a calendar year since Jimmy Garoppolo has thrown a spiral.

If you look at it from an injury perspective I see your point. Cousins can look great at times (especially against bad teams) and has one of the all-time greatest QBR's in NFL history. The problem with Cousins is that he shrinks in big games, to a degree that doesn't reflect his actual skill level. Cousins is 7-31 as a starter against teams with a winning record in his NFL career. That's downright miserable on a bad team, but Cousins has had some of the best teams in the league during his time in Minnesota. Give Mitch and Nagy Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph and Cook. There wouldn't be nearly as much squawking on this board as there is now.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WHAT DOES MIKE VICK HAVE TO SAY ABOUT COUSINS?????

I would venture to guess that Kirk Cousins is scared of Mike Vick. Either that, or can't tell the difference between Vick and DMX.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Generally yes. I don't think Kirk Cousins represents much of an improvement unless you are a team really starting from zero. The Niners happen to be one of those teams that are starting from zero.

In last year's SB but starting from zero. Makes sense.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Generally yes. I don't think Kirk Cousins represents much of an improvement unless you are a team really starting from zero. The Niners happen to be one of those teams that are starting from zero.
Please elaborate on how the 49ers are starting from zero?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Please elaborate on how the 49ers are starting from zero?
Well Jimmy Garoppolo basically cant play and they alternated between CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens most of last year because of that. Its is arguably the worst quarterback situation of any team in the league. Even the Panthers and Football Team look at the Niners and feel a little better about themselves.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The Bears are behind it in this whole QB race. And my guess is they will come up short.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Well Jimmy Garoppolo basically cant play and they alternated between CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens most of last year because of that. Its is arguably the worst quarterback situation of any team in the league. Even the Panthers and Football Team look at the Niners and feel a little better about themselves.
Jimmy G. was hurt and will have no restrictions coming into this year. He's the QB that led them to the Super Bowl a year ago. Teams with hurt QB's are forced to play backups, but it's not permanent.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Jimmy G. was hurt and will have no restrictions coming into this year. He's the QB that led them to the Super Bowl a year ago. Teams with hurt QB's are forced to play backups, but it's not permanent.
Wait, you really believe he "led" them to that Super Bowl and it wasn't the All World defense and genius head coach who can turn UDFA's into star runningbacks? You really think that was all Jimmy Garoppolo? He's pretty awful. You should watch him play, that ankle injury was a farce just to get him off the field.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Wait, you really believe he "led" them to that Super Bowl and it wasn't the All World defense and genius head coach who can turn UDFA's into star runningbacks? You really think that was all Jimmy Garoppolo? He's pretty awful. You should watch him play, that ankle injury was a farce just to get him off the field.
What? Please tell me more.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Bears are behind it in this whole QB race. And my guess is they will come up short.
Well if Stafford cost somewhere between a 1st and a 3rd and two 1's and a 3rd AND let's say Cousins is around the same (1st and 3rd), then maybe the Bears aren't 'missing' on these 'deals'.

The way I see it if the Rams add Stafford and the 49ers add Cousins then that removes them from the Watson bidding war.

Granted, the Vikings and Lions now hop into the fray, but overall neither Stafford or Cousins at that price were desired targets.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Facebook

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Say whatever you like about Cousins, but you can't debate he's been consistent throughout his career and knows how to stay healthy. Shanahan would know exactly what he's getting in Kirk and he'd be able to count on it. That has a lot of value for an NFL coach.

greg23

Liked Posts:

This is funny

Had they gotten Fatfford they'd be NFC favorites for the super bowl next year.

With Garappola in think they're probably in that 3rd/4th slot.......not starting from zero

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Several of you sound like you would rather have Winston over Garoppolo. I've always thought that Arians style and coaching were to blame for a lot of Winston's Int's that last year. Winston has always been a Gunslinger and reminds me a lot of Bret Farve. If Farve had played for Arians he might have had 30 Int's too. He can wing the ball. Something no Bears QB has been able to do in my 50 years of watching them. I believe either of these 2 are better than Foles. I'd take Darnold over either. Just want a QB that has a chance to be good. Don't like the rookies or what it cost to move up for the top 4. Don't want Foles or Cam. Did not want Goff either. I'm all in for Watson, but if it is true that the Jets were in on Stafford they will probably be in on Watson and they have much more to trade than we do.
I have a different take for Winston.

IMHO he doesn't throw a good deep ball. When he had Mike Evans and Desean Jackson he failed to consistently have a deep ball. When Arians came there he forced Winston to chuck it deep and his shortcomings in that area were evident (30 picks).

Winston is young and being behind Brees, who is more comparable than we think, could provide some upside. Personally I think Jimmy G is the better QB, but he's not been able to stay healthy and now that he's 30 I wonder if things might actually be worse.

I'd say if either guy is your plan A you gotta have a solid plan B.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Nah, first I wanna hear you tell me how Jimmy Garoppolo "led" the 49ers to the Super Bowl. I wanna hear this.
I don't believe he was the reason they made it, but they are also not starting from zero which is what you said . They are going into the season with the same starting QB as that they had when they were in the super bowl a year ago.

Don't give me some BS semantics about the word led( to save you a response I don't believe he was one of the main reasons they made it)

Now, your turn. Please explain 1.) how they are starting from zero(your words). 2.) your conspiracy theory that the ankle injury was a farce just to get him off the field (also your words)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't believe he was the reason they made it, but they are also not starting from zero which is what you said . They are going into the season with the same starting QB as that they had when they were in the super bowl a year ago.

Don't give me some BS semantics about the word led( to save you a response I don't believe he was one of the main reasons they made it)

Now, your turn. Please explain 1.) how they are starting from zero(your words). 2.) your conspiracy theory that the ankle injury was a farce just to get him off the field (also your words)
So you admit you were wrong to say Jimmy Garoppolo led them to the Super Bowl? Good, I'm glad. Run along.