OT: Vikings were scared of CFL MVP QB taking Kirk Cousins’ job

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Even if this guy is only trolling, this is hilarious. This sounds strangely plausible, though.

Bo Levi Mitchell, the CFL’s MVP and Grey Cup winner, on when a Vikings team official came to talk to him:

“I was like, ‘Well, for one, I’ve never been anywhere in football and not won a championship as a starter,’” Mitchell said. “‘High school, DI, DI-AA, now here in the CFL. Everywhere I’ve ever been I’ve won a championship within the first three years I’ve been there. I can help you do that. I’m going to come in here, I’m going to take Kirk’s job.’

He was like, ‘Oh, no, no, n-n-n-no, we don’t want you to take Kirk’s job. We want you to come in here, help him with his eyes, tell him what you see, do everything you can to make him a better quarterback. But we need a good quarterback room, we don’t want you to cause controversy. At that moment I was like, ‘Well, I’m not signing with the Minnesota Vikings.’”

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Thats very plausible. Vikings would be looking for a backup at best, at least for a couple years.

But would a CFL player really reject any type of an NFL chance? Not one with a brain...

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I read this story earlier and all I could think about is how much of an idiot this guy is. Hopefully he enjoys his 2 seconds of fame. You are going to pass on being a backup QB in the NFL to play in the CFL? Id imagine backups get paid more in the NFL than starters in the CFL and on top of that they don't have to put their body on the line. Then, if given the chance to succeed and play well some team will throw a ridiculous amount of money at you....more in a year than he could ever dream of as a whole carrer in CFL.

This guy can't be serious or needs to be put in a mental hospital.

Grape

Liked Posts:
Bo Levi Mitchell is a dumbass. Don't take him seriously.

Great Canadian football player though.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is there anyway the Bears can relegate to the CFL?

One Team

Liked Posts:
https://careertrend.com/info-7916967-average-salary-cfl-player.html

This site claims the highest paid CFL player made 218k and each team has a 5.2 mil cap limit lol. On the other hand the NFL minimum contract is at 480k! Let alone, QBs make quite a bit more than that. This dude has got to be on a whole other level of stupid.

I live in Calgary...Bo makes 700K per year...has an opportunity to set all-time CFL records and with it comes a multitude of opportunities when his playing days are done.

He's a brash Texan, but backs up his talk.

While he could challenge an NFL starter, or more likely hold a clipboard, to call him stupid for his decision is well...you know.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sign him!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I live in Calgary...Bo makes 700K per year...has an opportunity to set all-time CFL records and with it comes a multitude of opportunities when his playing days are done.

He's a brash Texan, but backs up his talk.

While he could challenge an NFL starter, or more likely hold a clipboard, to call him stupid for his decision is well...you know.
Maybe what's important to him is, you know, actually playing football. Many of us have made career choices that involve less pay to do what we want.

If he signed with the Vikes, he's likely under their thumb for 3 years. At 32 he would likely no longer be another teams destination, especially if he's not getting many in season reps.