OT: Vince is going to Orlando

RPK

Liked Posts:
Is the Michael Jordan of Turkey a possible upgrade to Gordon?

John Hollinger

Sorry, had to take the call there -- there's a BIG trade brewing --
John Hollinger

Nets and Magic are apparently working on a Vince Carter trade, according to our Chad Ford. Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee and Tony Battie would go to New Jersey.
John Hollinger

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197
John Hollinger

Battie and Alston give Nets more than $11 million in expirings, plus they get a good young player in Lee, and Battie and Alston aren't total dead weight for '09-10. I'm guessing this means Turkoglu won't be back in Orlando.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Re:OT: Rumor has it that Vince is going to Orlando...

If that happened yesterday, I would have suggested that they would be a near lock to reach the finals but with the Cleavland trade I just can't see anything stopping the LeBron and Shaqovich from at least getting to the finals barring an injury to Shaq that causes him to miss the playoffs.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

they still are play with two small guards who haven't shown up in the playoffs. also they're still older...much much older. they lost a decent defender in wallace for a crappy defender in shaq.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

they are better, but they aren't significantly better.

they still need to get younger. a young big would be nice.
they need a shooting guard who is tallter than 6'3. a back up sg would probally work.
they need to solidify their bench. they dont have a 6th man.

whose their center? is z moving to pf? is varejo the pf?

ryguy24

Liked Posts:

Official.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

I really like this trade for the magic. It takes a lot of the perimeter scoring load off of Hedo and will let him spend more time behind the three point line. They now have a couple guys who can create and excellent shooters around Howard in the post. I don't think Shaq really helps the cavs as much unless they can spread the floor around him.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

I like this. The good teams are getting better. Hopefully this forces Reinsdorf to finally pay up for Amare, since we can have him, as long as we're going into the luxury tax (for this season that is....and also next year in order to re-sign Gordon).

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I'm shocked by all these big moves. This is great. usually there's just tons of rumors and nothing happens.

As for Orlando, I like the move. Carter, Nelson, Hedo, Lewis and Howard. That's one hell of an offense. Especially if Howard adds some moves to his game.

rodman

Liked Posts:
Not so sure Hedo is going to be back in this scenario though

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
I'm shocked by all these big moves. This is great. usually there's just tons of rumors and nothing happens.

As for Orlando, I like the move. Carter, Nelson, Hedo, Lewis and Howard. That's one hell of an offense. Especially if Howard adds some moves to his game.

Hedo wants 11 mil per doubt he gets it now. Ryan Anderson can step up and fill in.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
if the magic can keep gortat, hedo, and a back up pg; they ought to be a contender.

ryan anderson and gortat recieve all the back up big minutes. pietrus gets all the back up sg/sf minutes. they really just need to resign anthony johnson.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
if the magic can keep gortat, hedo, and a back up pg; they ought to be a contender.

ryan anderson and gortat recieve all the back up big minutes. pietrus gets all the back up sg/sf minutes. they really just need to resign anthony johnson.

Gortat the odd man out, Battie should be back real soon.