OT: World Cup Venues Chosen

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah - I saw Brady win his 6th ring vs the Rams there. Was insanely nice.

I was right next door to that. I had to help coordinate one of the superbowl parties at the World of Coke/Aquarium. It was nuts. But I got to meet Dave Grohl and Zach Brown. And when I went to do a picture with Mojo Rawley, he picked me up chokeslam style

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I don't think there's a set rule. Someone like @bearmick might have a better understanding, but I can't imagine Qatar is going to be having natural grass in November.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past Qatar to give a shit about using resources to water grass at the expense of their populace.
They'll have to install grass for the 2026 World Cup. Turf is a huge issue for players.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I may try to make a game in Atlanta. World Cup energy is insanely cool.
Unfortunately that atmosphere of hosting will be completely artificial in the United States. I will try to plan out a week long trip to Mexico to catch some games there.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Soccer? That is the gay sport, right?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately that atmosphere of hosting will be completely artificial in the United States. I will try to plan out a week long trip to Mexico to catch some games there.

You've never been to a soccer game in Atlanta then.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a fan of golf and a guy that likes to play, I'm trying to find a way to find a difference, but I am failing.
lol before I met my wife I had an Earthy gf who was as fine as she wanted to be. Gorgeous natural blonde, honestly looked 15-20 years younger that she was. She was also a vegetarian (as opposed to a vagitarian, which is what I want written on my tombstone), drove a Prius, was commendably environmentally conscious (as we should all be on our way to being, if we're not there already). She also was of the belief that she generally preferred animals more than people because she thought that animals were nicer (which is a complete myth: animals can be just as big of assholes as humans). She allowed a couple of personal exemptions to her guidelines though that I used to tease her about:
1. She loved to go ATVing (2 stroke engines of any type aren't great for the environment)
2. She had two dogs (which is the environmental equivalent of driving a large SUV)

The moral of this story? Fuck if I know!! ?
(Though if I'm grasping, it's something along the lines of: There is always some degree of compromise, even within oneself. As my father told me when I was 12 and harping on rules that people weren't following, anything too rigid that it won't bend will break.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I don't think there's a set rule. Someone like @bearmick might have a better understanding, but I can't imagine Qatar is going to be having natural grass in November.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past Qatar to give a shit about using resources to water grass at the expense of their populace.
Thanks... I know that most of the US football stadiums they mentioned have turf, which is what piqued my interest. I guess I never noticed that soccer uses turf as well.

..now if only the Bears would get a world-class turf service ffs

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Soccer? That is the gay sport, right?
Outside of the World Cup, I'm leaning towards that philosophy. World Cup....is exciting AF.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My dad took me to all the matches early 90s when it was at the Pontiac silver dome. Don’t remember how many but I wasn’t a soccer fan then or now lol. But it’s still cool that I can say I’ve been to a World Cup game. I’m not even sure they were legit World Cup games I think it was qualifying games. Not ? like I said I never cared about soccer

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I understand your pain. I love golf but I wouldn't exactly call what I do on the course as "playing golf."
I like to think of it as spending time in high grass or the forest and then pretending to find my ball and to say things like "I forgot that I hit a Pro V1 instead of a Bridgestone"
I’ve come to the conclusion that unless you see them on TV nobody is good at golf. Used to play with a guy who had a 4 handicap, but once he had a kid he hasn’t broken 95 since.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
lol before I met my wife I had an Earthy gf who was as fine as she wanted to be. Gorgeous natural blonde, honestly looked 15-20 years younger that she was. She was also a vegetarian (as opposed to a vagitarian, which is what I want written on my tombstone), drove a Prius, was commendably environmentally conscious (as we should all be on our way to being, if we're not there already). She also was of the belief that she generally preferred animals more than people because she thought that animals were nicer (which is a complete myth: animals can be just as big of assholes as humans). She allowed a couple of personal exemptions to her guidelines though that I used to tease her about:
1. She loved to go ATVing (2 stroke engines of any type aren't great for the environment)
2. She had two dogs (which is the environmental equivalent of driving a large SUV)

The moral of this story? Fuck if I know!! ?
(Though if I'm grasping, it's something along the lines of: There is always some degree of compromise, even within oneself. As my father told me when I was 12 and harping on rules that people weren't following, anything too rigid that it won't bend will break.
Two dogs is environmentally bad? Never heard that before.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which soccer teams utilize the HITS philosophy?

A: None.

Sadly they employ the Lebron James School of Flopping. He learned it from FIFA, but perfected it.

Never been to pro soccer, much less World Cup. I wonder how much tickets will be in MIA.

Latta's Catch

Liked Posts:
Grass is mandatory for all matches, so The Benz and other artificial surfaces have to switch to grass. Detroit had temporary grass field in the Silverdome in '94.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
You've never been to a soccer game in Atlanta then.
I'm aware of the fan base in Atlanta. However, part of the charm of the World Cup is having people traveling from all countries gathering together and just having one giant party. I don't see the USA freely allowing visas to anyone that snags a ticket, thus many countries supporters being left out.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm aware of the fan base in Atlanta. However, part of the charm of the World Cup is having people traveling from all countries gathering together and just having one giant party. I don't see the USA freely allowing visas to anyone that snags a ticket, thus many countries supporters being left out.

The highest attendance(total) for the World Cup was the 94 WC. There were only 24 teams. Travel won't be an issue

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
The highest attendance(total) for the World Cup was the 94 WC. There were only 24 teams. Travel won't be an issue
Attendance won't be an issue, but it's going to be mostly people that already live in the United States. Fans from the Middle East and Africa will likely be left out, unless they are already residents of the country.