OTish - Next Head Coach Candidate - Matt Nagy

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That title should have grabbed some attention.

Here's what I want to do. We are currently talking about HC options for the Bears and many just happen to be retreads like Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Dan Quinn, etc...

Anyway, let's look at it from the other side. There are other teams with head coaching vacancies and a retread option is...... Matt Nagy. What case can we make for him to get a HC job elsewhere?

Feel free to be humorous. This is not a serious topic, but a bit of a thought exercise. It seems when it comes to coaches 'one team's garbage is another team's treasurer'. Nagy is for sure Bears garbage, but how can another team talk themselves into him being their treasure?
What case could you make for him to be an OC at this point?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You wanna make the playoffs 2 out of 4 seasons?

You want a draft war room that looks like "A Clockwork Orange fucked Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory?

Look, other coaches might not relate to their players, but Nagy opens up a club so they can get jiggy with it after the game.

You wanna know who the heck is even calling the offensive plays? so do we! But no one will ever know when you got a Nagy!

You can sit here and ask about and figure out the "whys" but with a Nagy, he does all that for you.

Got any questions? Well good, because "that's a good question" and "he'll continue to work on all that"

And last but not least. Nagy is still an offensive genius. He hasn't even showed everything he has. He has been saving it for your team!

Contract? Nobody even has to know bro! Could be signed for one year, two years, four years? Nobody knows!

Get ya this Nagy. Be you.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here's what I want to do. We are currently talking about HC options for the Bears and many just happen to be retreads like Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Dan Quinn, etc...

Anyway, let's look at it from the other side. There are other teams with head coaching vacancies and a retread option is...... Matt Nagy. What case can we make for him to get a HC job elsewhere?

Feel free to be humorous. This is not a serious topic, but a bit of a thought exercise. It seems when it comes to coaches 'one team's garbage is another team's treasurer'. Nagy is for sure Bears garbage, but how can another team talk themselves into him being their treasure?
I said it in another thread but there will be fans citing his 34-31 or whatever record and making the playoffs twice and say he accomplished that with shitty qbs. Trubisky/foles/dalton/rookie fields (tbd)

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I could see a team wanting Nagy in a few years if the team had a horrible locker room culture.

Nagy is a great coach Monday-Saturday.
Yeah. Nagy worked hard on Xs and Os I am sure. He just seemed to not be able to translate it to the field. He was stubborn and wanted to not admit this. Did Lazor really call the plays?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Nagy would probably do well as a college coach. He’s a bs artist, which would work with recruiting. His motivation tactics would also translate well with college kids. I don’t think he would be in over his head too much at that level.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He should go coach the Bucs.

Hear me out - they are already loaded with offensive talent, they have the horses that if nagy stops calling runs they can still pass at will, and Brady can draw his own plays in the dirt once they get into scoring position. Thats a recipe for at least 9 wins.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Winning record, coach of the year, Prom King in high school and great collaborator.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Nagy is a fraud at HC, not a legitimately good HC that is simply in need of a new environment to rejuvenate him (like Reid, Belichik, Parcells, Schottenheimer, Holmgren, et al)

Spekaing of re-treads who may be good coaches that just needed a new place, what are your thoughts on Pederson?
I'm warming up on Pederson and maybe he keeps DeFlipo as QB coach.