OTish - Next Head Coach Candidate - Matt Nagy

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That title should have grabbed some attention.

Here's what I want to do. We are currently talking about HC options for the Bears and many just happen to be retreads like Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Dan Quinn, etc...

Anyway, let's look at it from the other side. There are other teams with head coaching vacancies and a retread option is...... Matt Nagy. What case can we make for him to get a HC job elsewhere?

Feel free to be humorous. This is not a serious topic, but a bit of a thought exercise. It seems when it comes to coaches 'one team's garbage is another team's treasurer'. Nagy is for sure Bears garbage, but how can another team talk themselves into him being their treasure?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy is a fraud at HC, not a legitimately good HC that is simply in need of a new environment to rejuvenate him (like Reid, Belichik, Parcells, Schottenheimer, Holmgren, et al)

Spekaing of re-treads who may be good coaches that just needed a new place, what are your thoughts on Pederson?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Nagy is a fraud at HC, not a legitimately good HC that is simply in need of a new environment to rejuvenate him (like Reid, Belichik, Parcells, Schottenheimer, Holmgren, et al)

Spekaing of re-treads who may be good coaches that just needed a new place, what are your thoughts on Pederson?
You gotta play along. Pretend you are a used car salesman and you've been told to move that Nagy from the lot or your fired!

On the Pederson side here's my thoughts.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Ironically I think Nagy is probably a better HC than OC. He might struggle more than most to get back in somewhere now though because his failure with the Bears was squarely on his offence.

Usually when a HC fails they step back down to being an OC or DC, but who the fuck else would want Nagy running his feeble, bottom dwelling Bears offence?

He may end up selling houses again.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Made the playoffs twice with Mitch Trubisky. Winning record. Not a very talented roster, despite what some here may think.
giphy.gif

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You gotta play along. Pretend you are a used car salesman and you've been told to move that Nagy from the lot or your fired!

On the Pederson side here's my thoughts.

Meh, I was hoping for more insight into how fast he fell out of favor in Philly after a SB win.

You probably can only guess as most fans can and I get that. That's my biggest question with Pederson.

And I think you are right about his being pass happy. And I don't like that matchup with our roster here in CHI.

Thanks.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Nobody talking about the visor? You got a warm weather team like Miami you hire Nagy and all of a sudden visors are all the rage and you have tapped into a lucrative market.

Seriously on the Miami front, seems like they had a bit of a control monster who wasn't good to many players. That might be like Chip Kelly. When the Eagles did that they overcorrected to Doug, which despite firing him had a good run.

Which team is looking for a 'nice guy', potentially from Reid tree and of course is looking to tap into that fucking visor market!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Meh, I was hoping for more insight into how fast he fell out of favor in Philly after a SB win.

You probably can only guess as most fans can and I get that. That's my biggest question with Pederson.

And I think you are right about his being pass happy. And I don't like that matchup with our roster here in CHI.

Thanks.
Look a little further down in that thread. I touched on his fall from grace and organizationally how that all went down.

I probably should have mentioned that. There's 2-3 posts that capture a lot of the Doug-Philly time. All on page 2, so not much work for you.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Remember, Pace got fired too. That’s because it was all Pace’s fault for not getting Nagy the players he needs. With the right key pieces in place, his offense really will be unstoppable.

(Even as humor that felt wrong to write…)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That title should have grabbed some attention.

Here's what I want to do. We are currently talking about HC options for the Bears and many just happen to be retreads like Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Dan Quinn, etc...

Anyway, let's look at it from the other side. There are other teams with head coaching vacancies and a retread option is...... Matt Nagy. What case can we make for him to get a HC job elsewhere?

Feel free to be humorous. This is not a serious topic, but a bit of a thought exercise. It seems when it comes to coaches 'one team's garbage is another team's treasurer'. Nagy is for sure Bears garbage, but how can another team talk themselves into him being their treasure?
1) He has to be better than he was in Chicago.
2)Has a huge whiteboard along with a years supply of erasable markers he stole from Halas Hall
3)Comes with like new condition, lightly used DJ equipment
4)Has a whole notebook of unused cool trick play names.
5)Has visors collection from every team, so can hit the ground running.
6)Has a new "be you" catch phrase, not to be revealed until after signing contract.
7)He is "not an idiot."

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Remember, Pace got fired too. That’s because it was all Pace’s fault for not getting Nagy the players he needs. With the right key pieces in place, his offense really will be unstoppable.

(Even as humor that felt wrong to write…)
giphy.gif

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
1) He has to be better than he was in Chicago.
2)Has a huge whiteboard he stole along with a years supply of erasable markers from Halas Hall
3)Comes with ike New condition, lightly used DJ equipment
4)Has a whole notebook of unused cool trick play names.
5)Has visors collection from every team, so can hit the ground running.
giphy.gif

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hope he doesn’t get another coaching gig next year but after that good for him if a sucker pays him like a hc. Let him sit out next year so George and his shit family eat every penny of that contract

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
HIs last season was his only losing season as a head coach.

He'll always ask the "why" even if it isn't warranted.

Looks great in a McDonalds Manager outfit

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope he takes the year off and DET calls him in after firing Dan Campbell next Black Monday.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I guess if any owner needs help selling his box and premium seats.

images

They can call Nagy's assistant if they need help.

Pace_R_USATSI_9502245.jpg