Over/under on Trubisky's stats from here out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Do you think Mitch Trubisky will be over or under these stats with 11 games remaining: (totals for the year)

2,900 yards and 21 TDs.

If he hits those stats dead on...is that acceptable for a third year starter?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At least 20 times on the bench looking clueless

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Mitch Trubisky will be over or under these stats with 11 games remaining: (totals for the year)

2,900 yards and 21 TDs.

Missing how many games? Maybe. If he plays next week and the rest of the season, no, not acceptable. Especially for where is was drafted. Bring in competition next year. Draft someone the next year.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not really about that stats for me. When your offensive line is a complete joke, you can't run the ball, and you can't sustain drives to stay on the field using stats to evaluate anyone on this offense isn't going to be very useful.

At this point I'm more concerned with how he looks on tape and how he responds mentally here down the stretch.
  • How does he respond coming off this shoulder injury?
  • Does he completely go into a shell and fold like a cheap suit under the pressure?
  • Or does he step up and deliver despite not being 100%?
  • Does he start playing with confidence and swag again?
  • Does he start thinking less and making more conviction throws?
  • Does he continue over-thinking and misfiring open receivers?
  • Does he start using his legs again despite the risk of re-injuring his shoulder?
  • Or does he play scared and strictly play from the pocket?
  • If so does he show improvement as a pocket passer or does he continue to regress?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It's not really about that stats for me. When your offensive line is a complete joke, you can't run the ball, and you can't sustain drives to stay on the field using stats to evaluate anyone on this offense isn't going to be very useful.

At this point I'm more concerned with how he looks on tape and how he responds mentally here down the stretch.
  • Does he completely go into a shell and fold like a cheap suit under the pressure?
  • Does he start using his legs again despite the risk of re-injuring his shoulder?
  • If so does he show improvement as a pocket passer or does he continue to regress?

Yeah, I hear you.

It's not just the inaccuracy issues for me anymore. He always looks like he's playing a game for his life or something. Always high strung and afraid of making mistakes.

Then I watch other QBs roll up to the o-line like Joe Cool and engineer a drive like a walk in the park...regardless of the defensive pressure. They simply step up in the pocket and make a quick throw.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Really depends. The Bears are rarely chasing big points and are also limited by Mitch's deep accuracy. They likely aren't going to get a lot of chunk plays. As such I doubt he gets to 2900 for the rest of the season, that's about 260 per game. I'd guess more around 220 per game. I also think they're going to commit more to the running game, and hopefully not having Long plus some changes (more outside zone concepts imo, but whatever works) will help that.

TDs I'm saying 17 or so. We know what Mitch is, mostly, a guy who's going to put up a couple three TD games against bums and probably get about 1 maybe 2 in most others. He's not going to get too many garbage time TDs, which is how a lot of below average QBs collect respectable stats. And unfortunately there aren't many bums left on the slate.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

2,900 yards and 21 TDs.

I'd be happy if he hit those numbers if he plays all 11 games left but don't feel confident at all that he would. I think those numbers would also be acceptable for him, but not because that's the kind of numbers a 3rd year starter should be putting up and more because even though we don't know for sure if he's a total bust i think we do know that he's not a pro bowl type QB in this league year in and year out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless the line gets sorted, I think that's out of reach. If the line becomes acceptable, he has a shot and with how poor the start has been, those cumulative #s would show a reasonable amount of promise... if picks don't unbalance it.

Nagy has 2 weeks to right the O ship. He always presents a positive attitude to the press but I hope he's pissing off some O players right now. Also, why play Burton if he's like he's been? I'd rather have a kid out there trying and learning while fucking up instead of that sort of effort and fucking up anyway.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Good post and a whole lot of common sense which we don't get much of around here anymore.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I hear you.

It's not just the inaccuracy issues for me anymore. He always looks like he's playing a game for his life or something. Always high strung and afraid of making mistakes.

Then I watch other QBs roll up to the o-line like Joe Cool and engineer a drive like a walk in the park...regardless of the defensive pressure. They simply step up in the pocket and make a quick throw.

And the following week Joe Cool is playing a better defensive team, and he puts up 6 points. Mariotti was Joe Cool on here for a bit this year, yesterday he got pulled for non-performance. Jacksonville's Joe Cool wasn't so cool yesterday. Dak Prescott was Joe Cool until he lost his two tackles, yesterday the Cowboys were dysfunctional with 3rd and 5 or more.

You're looking at certain games and not the whole picture. Many on this message board was hoping that Trubisky could turn into the next Goff down the road. Then the Bears D did a tune on Goff, and he hasn't been the same since and has become the joke on this message board.

You actually do seem sincere in starting yet another Trubisky thread, some on here find it really cool to rip him to shreds at all cost, like every other sentence they write. For some reason, I do think that you have an open mind here. Open it up a bit more, and just become a fan and root for the whole picture and winning games. The Saints next.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Under. If he hits those stats (assuming reasonable amount of ints) I would be very satisfied with result. As long as the Bears aren't like 3-8 in those games and the production all came in garbage time.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It shouldn’t be so much about stats. It should be about looking in control of the offense. Not looking so rattled all the time, and cut down on the dumb throws. That would be a pretty good start.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think one thing I'm getting from this season is that most QBs just aren't worth $30m contracts. Only the true elites. Dak is pretty much a dumpster fire, objectively, when Tyron Smith is out. Even with a good running game. Goff is pretty clearly average at best when moved off his spot, even with a good running game.v Mayfield has mostly been LOL bad. Even Phillip Rivers has been awful without good OL play this year.

Meanwhile Kyle Allen, Minshew (although I think he will exposed), Teddy Bridgewater, and two other rookies have preformed pretty well.

If you don't have one of those few true stud QBs, is it really worth it to pay 15-18% of your cap to someone who is just average or who needs lots of players around them to succeed?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
It's never been about stats with me. I want Mitch to pass the eye test consistently, which he hasn't done yet. I'll be concerned with stats once he's proven to be a franchise QB

Reactions: DC

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think one thing I'm getting from this season is that most QBs just aren't worth $30m contracts. Only the true elites. Dak is pretty much a dumpster fire, objectively, when Tyron Smith is out. Even with a good running game. Goff is pretty clearly average at best when moved off his spot, even with a good running game.v Mayfield has mostly been LOL bad. Even Phillip Rivers has been awful without good OL play this year.

Meanwhile Kyle Allen, Minshew (although I think he will exposed), Teddy Bridgewater, and two other rookies have preformed pretty well.

If you don't have one of those few true stud QBs, is it really worth it to pay 15-18% of your cap to someone who is just average or who needs lots of players around them to succeed?

Minshew was 14 for 29 yesterday, 163 yards, 0 TDs and 1 Interception. Offense had 2 FGs , that was the whole offense against a slightly better than average defense yesterday. You would hang Trubisky for that.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Minshew was 14 for 29 yesterday, 163 yards, 0 TDs and 1 Interception. Offense had 2 FGs , that was the whole offense against a slightly better than average defense yesterday. You would hang Trubisky for that.
1. I wrote "I think he will be exposed."
2. He is a 6th round rookie who has performed pretty well overall.
3. I think the Saints D is solidly good, probably around 8-10 in the league.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

I'm looking at Sportrac and guys like WInston, Mariota, Trubs....$23 to 26 MM.

I don't know how often these are adjusted. Then you got comparable guys on old deals like Dalton for $16MM.

If Trubisky could win some of us over these last few games....maybe we could get a sweet deal on a middling QB.

It just seems like a lot of them either have a mega-deal or are a rube trying to get one. Like you either earn a big contract or your not in the league anymore...lol.