Overtime rules stink!!! Robbed us all tonight

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
It’s you who doesn’t understand. If it’s a tie you want sudden death, I don’t. Is that clear enough?
Doesnt matter what you want its what works best. IN overtime you are guaranteed a chance to win or tie if the other team wins the toss and scores. After each team gets a possession its on the teams to not allow a score to end the game. In other words teams will decide the outcome not a coin toss.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If a team has been playing garbage D all game and they stumble into OT......they should have to step it up and stop the other team from scoring a TD.
This is just stupid.

Why?

If ya go to OT and still cant stop a team from scoring a Td.....why should u get the ball back? For me.....OT has always meant 'step ur game up or go home'

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Doesnt matter what you want its what works best. IN overtime you are guaranteed a chance to win or tie if the other team wins the toss and scores. After each team gets a possession its on the teams to not allow a score to end the game. In other words teams will decide the outcome not a coin toss.

Coin toss still holds the power.

Team A scores a TD, converts 2 point.
Team B scored a TD, converts 2 point.
Team A kicks FG game over cause da coin toss.

No thanks.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
run and shoot said:

If a team has been playing garbage D all game and they stumble into OT......they should have to step it up and stop the other team from scoring a TD.

What do u "benefit because of a coin flip" ? If a team ends up on D in OT and can't stop the other from scoring a TD
( Not a FG, mind ya) .... then why should they be awarded another chance?
if you need that answered, idk what to tell you.

I don't need to be told anything LOL. OT "should be sudden death". Ya can't keep getting chances.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Why?

If ya to OT and still cant stop a team from scoring a Td.....why should u get the ball back? For me.....OT has always meant
'step ur game up or go home'
Ok I agree with you completely but my problem is wtf is the point of giving a team a possession when a field goal is scored? You either go strictly sudden death or you gurantee each team a possession. My OT rules basically plays out like youre saying.
My thing is this though i dont like a strict sudden death ot because the game is decided more by a coin toss than the teams.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Coin toss still holds the power.

Team A scores a TD, converts 2 point.
Team B scored a TD, converts 2 point.
Team A kicks FG game over cause da coin toss.

No thanks.
No it doesnt. Because the game isnt over after the first team scores a touchdown. Team B was given a chance to at least tie the game. Once youve had your possession its up to you to not allow another point. Are you trolling or really this stupid? seriously?!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nope. Defense gets paid too. The OT rules are perfectly fine. Bills could've stopped KC from scoring a TD. Not to mention, all they had to do was stop KC for 13 seconds and it wouldn't have gotten to that point.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No it doesnt. Because the game isnt over after the first team scores a touchdown. Team B was given a chance to at least tie the game. Once youve had your possession its up to you to not allow another point. Are you trolling or really this stupid? seriously?!!!

Man damn you dense idiot read the post I can’t keep repeating myself. It’s Math, black and white, easy to understand.

Again I want each team to get equal possessions in overtime. It’s that simple. If team A gets gets 2 then team B should get 2. You disagree ok move on.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok I agree with you completely but my problem is wtf is the point of giving a team a possession when a field goal is scored? You either go strictly sudden death or you gurantee each team a possession. My OT rules basically plays out like youre saying.
My thing is this though i dont like a strict sudden death ot because the game is decided more by a coin toss than the teams.

Well there ya go.....u "don't like a strict sudden death ot because the game is decided more by a coin toss than the teams."

For me..... it's about stepping one's game up in OT. It's about....'I got into OT.....now I gotta stop 'em from scoring a TD, or else......'

But I respect your point too?

This is off topic......however, to me the KC game should've never went into OT. IT looked FIXED.....IMO

Last edited:

BigTom

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with the current rules for the regular season but for the playoffs they should just play the entire quarter. No sudden death rules. If after that quarter is up and its tied then go sudden death rules or even to college rules at that point. Playoffs are too important to let a coin flip play such a major role.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm fine with the current rules for the regular season but for the playoffs they should just play the entire quarter. No sudden death rules. If after that quarter is up and its tied then go sudden death rules or even to college rules at that point. Playoffs are too important to let a coin flip play such a major role.

This argument happens all the time. I love the rules. This is the pros. If you want a possession, don't let the opposing team score a TD. Pretty simple. Step your game up.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Man damn you dense idiot read the post I can’t keep repeating myself. It’s Math, black and white, easy to understand.

Again I want each team to get equal possessions in overtime. It’s that simple. If team A gets gets 2 then team B should get 2. You disagree ok move on.
I do understand. My proposed rules are simply to avoid a coin toss deciding the game. This way each team is guaranteed at least one possession. After that the responsibility is on the team to stop the other team from scoring. Is it perfect? No. But its better than the shit rules they have now.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just play a 10 minute quarter.
if that finishes in a tie (playoffs) next quarter is 8 minutes.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I do understand. My proposed rules are simply to avoid a coin toss deciding the game. This way each team is guaranteed at least one possession. After that the responsibility is on the team to stop the other team from scoring. Is it perfect? No. But its better than the shit rules they have now.

I agree it’s better.

I will say for the regular season I prefer your way. But for the playoffs I prefer equal possessions.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Just implement the reg season rules with a change that if the opening drive ends in a TD, the opposing team gets the ball. It levels the playing field and the team playing the best wins the game. Seems pretty easy

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
run and shoot said:

What do u mean "benefit because of a coin flip" ? If a team ends up on D in OT and can't stop the other from scoring a TD ( Not a FG, mind ya) .... then why should they be awarded another chance?

Because the Chiefs wouldn't have stopped the Bills either

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

What do u mean "benefit because of a coin flip" ? If a team ends up on D in OT and can't stop the other from scoring a TD ( Not a FG, mind ya) .... then why should they be awarded another chance?

Because the Chiefs wouldn't have stopped the Bills either
?

The Chiefs should've been in a deep cover 4-5 zone on the Bills last drive in regulation. The KC game should've never went into OT. IT looked FIXED.....IMO

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
?

The Chiefs should've been in a deep cover 4-5 zone on the Bills last drive in regulation. The KC game should've never went into OT. IT looked FIXED.....IMO
I mean you can’t really FIX that outcome.

FGs aren’t a given.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Josh Allen shouldve had a chance to win or tie that game and because of some shit idiotic OT rules we were all robbed of an epic drive. An all time classic game that went out with a wimper. Its simple, overtime each team gets at least one possession. After that its sudden death. Why is this so difficult?
For those that dont agree, PROVE ME WRONG!!!
So Mahomes throws a TD, Allen throws a TD, then it’s sudden death, and Mahomes throws another TD.

Seems like an unnecessarily long exercise to come to the same result.

Or maybe the #1 scoring defense, #1 defense in total yards as well as yards per play, and the #1 defense in forced turnovers, could’ve made the Chiefs punt more than twice.

The OT rules are fine. I never saw whining like this, when Mahomes never got a possession against NE in their AFCCG, that went to overtime.