Overtime rules stink!!! Robbed us all tonight

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think in the playoffs it should just be a 5 minute period with no sudden death. And double ot should be sudden death.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
There are tons of suggestions on if this needs to change and if so how to do it. I had not heard anything that made me stop and think until I heard a fan called into the Dan Patrick show when I was in the car earlier today and his idea makes some sense. The idea is whoever wins the opening coin toss chooses like now but at the start of the 2nd half the other team gets to decide if they want to defer instead of just having to get the ball, if they defer they get the ball first if the game goes to OT and it's a sudden death game. It's gamble but adds some strategy to the whole thing. What do you think?
That does absolutely nothing. So basically its sudden death overtime where one team may never get the ball. For that just go back to the old rule of whichever team scores first wins after a coin flip. I dont like it but Im ok with that. Im talking about making what the rule is now better. It is dumb that the game doesnt end on a fg but ends on a td.