Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Have no problem with rules being changed but defense is part of the game. I feel zero sympathy for Bills. They have the No 2 D and failed.
The rules are at least better than before when any score would win now at least you have to score a TD to win. This gives the other team an opportunity to change the game right from the start.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The easiest answer is to just play extra quarters until there is a winner for playoff games. Don’t really care about regular season overtime rules.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
Josh Allen shouldve had a chance to win or tie that game and because of some shit idiotic OT rules we were all robbed of an epic drive. An all time classic game that went out with a wimper. Its simple, overtime each team gets at least one possession. After that its sudden death. Why is this so difficult?
For those that dont agree, PROVE ME WRONG!!!
I agree I think they should get 10 minutes and two timeouts but that just my opinion. At the very least both teams should get a chance with the ball!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT rules are good enough. Buffalo can blame their own coaching for letting it get to OT. Why do you kickoff into the endzone? Afraid you'll cut the remaining time in half if you keep it in the field of play? Why do you drop into a deep prevent D against a team built on speed, knowing they only need to get in fg position and their kicker is no weak legged fuck like the Bears have?

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Make a play in regulation or overtime. Why is this so difficult? PROVE ME WRONG!!!
While this is true, the real question is, why should one team be required to make a play on offense and the other on defense? Because of a coin toss?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
While this is true, the real question is, why should one team be required to make a play on offense and the other on defense? Because of a coin toss?
Huh? Make a play means applies to either team. If one of them made a play in regulation there would be zero need for a coin toss. Every team, every player, every coach knows the rules….they know what can happen if they have to go to overtime. It’s not a secret

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Huh? Make a play means applies to either team. If one of them made a play in regulation there would be zero need for a coin toss. Every team, every player, every coach knows the rules….they know what can happen if they have to go to overtime. It’s not a secret
I think you’re missing the point. But I get it, teams should always make plays in regulation so that there’s never an OT game again.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think you’re missing the point. But I get it, teams should always make plays in regulation so that there’s never an OT game again.
That would be the point of playing regulation football. Of course the playoffs have to be decided in extra time but that is a simple fix of just keep playing the game until there is a winner at the end of the quarter being played . No coin toss needed. No overthinking needed.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
Have no problem with rules being changed but defense is part of the game. I feel zero sympathy for Bills. They have the No 2 D and failed.
Exactly. I don't know how someone can watch the #2 D in the league give up 42 points, and especially the two passes against Hill and Kelce (in 10 seconds!) to set up the tying FG, and think "that team deserves another chance, they were robbed". They had *several* chances to stop the Chiefs and win the game, and they failed each time. Teams shouldn't be rewarded for failing to do the bare minimum (keep the other team out of the end zone on ONE drive).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe as a consolation the Buffalo Bills can get a participation trophy.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
You're literally describing every important situation in a game. If a team doesn't have the luck of winning the coin toss, then buck up and play D, and hold them to at least a FG. You'll get the ball back.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the playoffs, for OT, play a 10 minute quarter. If it ends tied, play another. etc

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
the problem with this is the rules favor the offense, so whoever wins the coin toss has an advantage.

Simple solution is just equal possessions, if after both teams have 1 more possession in OT whoever has more points wins.. if its a tie, you give both teams another possession, keep giving each team another possession until 1 team has more points..

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I guess I'm on board with another 15 minute period.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The bills had to hold KC for 13 seconds. No need to change rules because they couldn’t do that
Exactly. If you don’t want sudden death overtime where a coin flip decides who gets the ball, then win it in 4 quarters. You can’t do it in those 4 quarters, you know the consequence and risk.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess I'm on board with another 15 minute period.
Nothing short of this will make anyone happy. I'd also incorporate the following:
- 1 timeout per team, per overtime
- :30 play clock
- Alternate possession to being the OT period. If the home team wins the toss in the 5Q, the road team gets it in the 6Q

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nothing short of this will make anyone happy. I'd also incorporate the following:
- Alternate possession to being the OT period. If the home team wins the toss in the 5Q, the road team gets it in the 6Q
I've loved sudden death for the longest time, but the football fan in me thinks it's time for this sort of change. We've already got an 18 week season. What's another 15 minutes to find the real winner of the playoff games?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Make a play in regulation or overtime. Why is this so difficult? PROVE ME WRONG!!!
Plays were made and the game ended in a draw after regulation. Then one team never got a chance to make a play.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This would be great but this will never happen. No way the players association would agree to this. This is just begging for a disasterous injury to happen. could you imagine a game that goes 7 QTRs? Thats basically playing two games. Who the hell would be available to play the following week for the winning team? Football is not built for overtimes like other sports.