Pace and Nagy:Gun to head you have to extend one and fire the other...

Who do you fire?

• Pace

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Nagy

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I extend Pace and Fire Nagy.

Reasoning: Pace seems to at least learn or is willing to learn from his past errors and has actually done a very good job on one side of the ball. Nagy given an extension would see it as validation of his fuckery.

Basically, I would say 1 in 10 Pace would hit the coaching mother lode. Extending Nagy and having Teddy and George select a new GM is less than a zero sum game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Though the thought of extending either may lead some to choose letting the gun go off, that is not an option for this exercise.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Fire Pace extend Nagy. Nagy has good leadership qualities and it’s honestly shocking to me Khalil Mack and Akiem hicks didn’t try to fight the offense outside or Halas Hall yet. As bad as this offense is Nagy doesn’t have a QB, arguably the worst offensive line in football, a non difference maker at RB, and 1 good WR. Nagy is good at keeping this team together and not imploding which is one of the biggest tasks of a HC.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Honestly though, i could take or leave Nagy at this point. If a hypothetical new GM wanted to keep Nagy I would be fine with it, if he wants his own guy, I would be fine with that too.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I have to pick one, I extend Pace and fire Nagy. Pace can at least make some picks on the defensive side. Nagy can't do anything

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Extend Pace, fire Nagy....

Hell you could Fire Nagy Today, make Pagano the HC, make Lazor the legit OC, promote from within to DC but let Pagano continue to call the Defense.

I bet we would not miss a beat.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to pick between firing Pace or Nagy, I would fire Pace.

Pace should have learned from his predecessor's mistakes that trading draft picks is a big mistake. This is how you end up with an aging roster and expecting miracles from 5th to 7th round draft picks.

Now that we need impact players on o-line, watch Pace trade his 1st for two 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd.

This being said. I really don't think anything is going to happen this year. It's going to be decided after 2021.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Seems pretty split. I have added a poll.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Keep Pace, fire Nagy. Pace has done a great job with the defense. Pace does need to do a better job with coaches and find a successful QB, those are just areas you have to hit on as GM. But this is far from a talentless roster.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
IF Matt Nagy "wasn't brought in to run the I-Formation" then the ultimate argument in his favor is that he hasn't been given the players to run the offense he promised to run. That falls on Pace. The entire process of hiring Nagy seemed ass backwards to me. If Pace knew he was going to take a QB in 2017 then that's when you make your coaching hire (Frank Reich). It doesn't matter if you think Mitch is good or not, the fact is that Nagy was stuck with him. It's not like we're talking about hiring a coach that is inheriting a veteran QB. Nagy was told to make the offense exciting with a highly unproven QB.

I guess I've always been under the assumption that the GM and coaching staff work closely together when it comes to drafting. It would make sense to me that Nagy and Mike Furrey give a list of traits they need in a WR to the scouts, and the scouts make the recommendation to Pace. It just doesn't seem like it's been working that way.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fire Pace...extend Nagy.

Seems that the popular opinion on Nagy is not that he is a bad coach, but a bad playcaller. So you fire the man that hired Nagy and bring in someone with the stones to tell Nagy he needs to deligate playcalling and focus more on the offense as a whole.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems pretty split. I have added a poll.

I voted to fire Pace. I'm treating this as "if I had to fire one and had a gun to my head."

I don't think anyone needs to be fired quite yet; I doubt anyone will until at least after 2021.

I've been critical of both. Most days I wanna can Nagy, but I think the biggest problem is the o-line. Nagy inherited every starter on this o-line except Ifedi. Pace inherited Leno and Mills, but he could have done more about the overall talent at this point.

Luke

Liked Posts:
imo, its no brainer.
Nagy has had a say in the offensive player acquisitions over the last 3 years, its not all on Pace. Aside from being a rah rah guy who players like, he sucks in every other aspect as a HC. He's stubborn, arrogant and never takes accountability. And if it were only one to go, the GM fires the incompetent HC anyway.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
imo, its no brainer.
Nagy has had a say in the offensive player acquisitions over the last 3 years, its not all on Pace. Aside from being a rah rah guy who players like, he sucks in every other aspect as a HC. He's stubborn, arrogant and never takes accountability. And if it were only one to go, the GM fires the incompetent HC anyway.

Devil's advocate: There was no talent on offense and a rookie QB when Nagy got here. The skill positions got upgraded first because the o-line was thought to be average at the time. Remember when our starting WRs were Don Inman, Kendall Wright, and Bellamy? Dion Simms the TE.....we've come a long way.

Pace had busts with Kevin White, Shaheen...Mitch to a lesser extent. He's had to trade draft picks to get guys to replace his busts. Now the o-line is the weak link and we cannot do anything about it until the offseason. That's not Nagy's fault.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I extend Pace and Fire Nagy.

Reasoning: Pace seems to at least learn or is willing to learn from his past errors and has actually done a very good job on one side of the ball. Nagy given an extension would see it as validation of his fuckery.

Basically, I would say 1 in 10 Pace would hit the coaching mother lode. Extending Nagy and having Teddy and George select a new GM is less than a zero sum game.

It's really hard to judge Nagy fairly with this being a team/roster built on defense.

In the future, if you hire a head coach, you need to build the team around offense even if it means dramatically changing the roster and trading away other players in the short term.

Otherwise you will never be able to evaluate him fairly, let alone the QB you took #2 overall you were trying to develop

Luke

Liked Posts:
Devil's advocate: There was no talent on offense and a rookie QB when Nagy got here. The skill positions got upgraded first because the o-line was thought to be average at the time. Remember when our starting WRs were Don Inman, Kendall Wright, and Bellamy? Dion Simms the TE.....we've come a long way.

Pace had busts with Kevin White, Shaheen...Mitch to a lesser extent. He's had to trade draft picks to get guys to replace his busts. Now the o-line is the weak link and we cannot do anything about it until the offseason. That's not Nagy's fault.

White and Mitch were pre Nagy, but he had a big say in selecting Shaheen. He also had a say in the OL contract extensions as well. He's a terrible HC who consistently gets outcoached. Please don't cite his w/l record. IMO, Pace is maybe an average GM but Nagy sucks as a HC.