Pace and Nagy:Gun to head you have to extend one and fire the other...

Who do you fire?

• Pace

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Nagy

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fire Pace

Jesus, look at the pathetic offensive talent and wasted draft picks on offense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
White and Mitch were pre Nagy, but he had a big say in selecting Shaheen. He also had a say in the OL contract extensions as well. He's a terrible HC who consistently gets outcoached. Please don't cite his w/l record. IMO, Pace is maybe an average GM but Nagy sucks as a HC.
Check again, chief.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's really hard to judge Nagy fairly with this being a team/roster built on defense.

In the future, if you hire a head coach, you need to build the team around offense even if it means dramatically changing the roster and trading away other players in the short term.

Otherwise you will never be able to evaluate him fairly, let alone the QB you took #2 overall you were trying to develop
I disagree. If it was a failure on offense based on Nagy using the best players available to him I would agree, but when he trots out yhis worst receiving TE with the worst drop rate in the league fot TE's, esp after witnessing a great TE catch just plays earlier and the 2nd worst rusher in the NFL in critical 4th down situations, and do these things repeatedly, judging him is not only fair, but necessary.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Check again, chief.

Yeah, Shaheen was drafted in 2017 after Mitch. Nagy was hired January 8th 2018. You could argue about how much say Nagy had 3 months into his tenure for the '18 draft.

I hold Nagy accountable for 2019 & 2020 at this point. That's it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy has had a say in the offensive player acquisitions over the last 3 years, its not all on Pace

Matt Nagy got hired as a first time HC with a very green QB and instead of using the next couple of seasons to build around his QB & HC....Ryan Pace trades a bunch of draft picks away for a pass rusher he would also spend a fifth of the cap space on in a very obvious "win now" move.

That is all Ryan Pace and the first reason on my list of why I fire him.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well if you must, please be standing directly in line with the aforementioned.
If I have to choose, I guess I would fire Pace. The list of potential available coaches aren't all the impressive to me. I would also hope the Bears ownership takes a good hard look at Louis Riddick and then I would definitely fire Pace.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don’t need a gun to my head to fire Nagy.

I’m dying to get rid of this guy. Give me anyone on the market that’s an up and comer and I’d have more confidence in them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, Shaheen was drafted in 2017 after Mitch. Nagy was hired January 8th 2018. You could argue about how much say Nagy had 3 months into his tenure for the '18 draft.

I hold Nagy accountable for 2019 & 2020 at this point. That's it.
I alluded in an earlier post in this thread, that I'm not convinced at all that Nagy and the rest of the staff helps out with scouting/drafting.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
O line is on Pace... I would start there. Damn though, his mid round drafting is superb.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
Fire Pace, keep Nagy. Pace failed big time in choosing the most important position in sports-quarterback. He actually failed twice: Trubisky and Glennon. Remember-he had a high grade on Glennon when he came out of college. I cant describe the incompetence of that. Nagy is 25-15 as head coach. I'm not firing that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I alluded in an earlier post in this thread, that I'm not convinced at all that Nagy and the rest of the staff helps out with scouting/drafting.

I have heard Pace say in interviews that they have "all-hands" meetings with scouts and coaches on personnel and drafting.

That being said, how those viewpoints are weighted is anybody's guess.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at Pace's draft record. That should answer the question right there.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
O line is on Pace... I would start there. Damn though, his mid round drafting is superb.
Yeah, that's great and all, but if the Bears ever want to contend for anything we need to start hitting on first rounders. Pace has had 4 top 10 picks and Roquan appears to be the only one that's going to pan out. That's not great odds. Certainly there is a GM out there that can hit in the first round and find talent later in the draft.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have heard Pace say in interviews that they have "all-hands" meetings with scouts and coaches on personnel and drafting.

That being said, how those viewpoints are weighted is anybody's guess.
I just can't imagine that Pace signs Ifedi and Spriggs and wipes his hands clean like he put in the hard work. Yet here we are....

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I just can't imagine that Pace signs Ifedi and Spriggs and wipes his hands clean like he put in the hard work. Yet here we are....

I know. We really need to draft o-line this coming draft and probably hold off on QB until 2021.

I believe it's better to focus on the biggest issue first, then move to the next, rather than having a half-hearted attempt at many positions. From my understanding this is what Tennessee did and now their RB is a beast and Tannehill has the 4th best passer rating in the league.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know. We really need to draft o-line this coming draft and probably hold off on QB until 2021.

I believe it's better to focus on the biggest issue first, then move to the next, rather than having a half-hearted attempt at many positions. From my understanding this is what Tennessee did and now their RB is a beast and Tannehill has the 4th best passer rating in the league.
Tennessee is a great example.