Pace Appreciation

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was dealt a big pile of steaming dookie when he took over as GM and it took some time and growing pains but finally the trees are bearing fruit.

2017 Pace started to turn the corner. Shitcans Cutler, drafts Trubisky, drafts Cohen, and shores up the secondary.

2018 Pace hits it out of the park. Shitcans Fox, hires Nagy, signs AR and shores up the pass catching talent or lack therof, drafts Roquan, drafts Miller, and trades for Mack Daddy.

Time will tell if Mitch was the right choice but he identified his guy and made sure he got him. Identifies Nagy as his HC and wastes no time securing him.

Could not have found a better guy for the job than Nagy, Pace hit a homerun here. Can't believe my Bears have returned to respectability and I must thank Ryan Pace.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
He's done a decent job of rebuilding this team, but he very well could have been let go after last year. His first draft was pretty bad. He's definitely not perfect, but he deserves Kudos for some of his picks and FA's.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He's done a decent job of rebuilding this team, but he very well could have been let go after last year. His first draft was pretty bad. He's definitely not perfect, but he deserves Kudos for some of his picks and FA's.

That’s ridiculous. There wasn’t a chance in hell he was getting fired.

Amos and Goldman were both in his first draft. He didn’t have his staff in place year one either.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
That’s ridiculous. There wasn’t a chance in hell he was getting fired.

I mean his record in his time here before this year was 14-34. There was a good chance he was gone too. Many writers and radio personalities said he should have been let go as well.

Amos and Goldman were both in his first draft. He didn’t have his staff in place year one either.

So were White who's done nothing, Grasu who was a horrible 3rd round pick and cut, Langford's not even in the NFL anymore, and Tayo Fabuluje not in the NFL anymore. You can't sugar coat that draft, it was horrible.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can we make the playoffs please before we crown his ass?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I mean his record in his time here before this year was 14-34. There was a good chance he was gone too. Many writers and radio personalities said he should have been let go as well.

So were White who's done nothing, Grasu who was a horrible 3rd round pick and cut, Langford's not even in the NFL anymore, and Tayo Fabuluje not in the NFL anymore. You can't sugar coat that draft, it was horrible.

Writers don’t run the team. He hit on 2 of his six picks and grabbed Callahan as an UDFA. Meredith too...

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Writers don’t run the team. He hit on 2 of his six picks and grabbed Callahan as an UDFA.

His #1 pick from that draft isn't even dressing he sucks so bad plus his 3 years of injuries. 2 others aren't in the NFL and Grasu is lucky to be on a team. THAT DRAFT SUCKED.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
I would just like to chime in that Boletardian is an idiot. There was 0% chance Pace was getting fired last year.

For all future references.

Boletardian.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
His #1 pick from that draft isn't even dressing he sucks so bad plus his 3 years of injuries. 2 others aren't in the NFL and Grasu is lucky to be on a team. THAT DRAFT SUCKED.

White was just about every experts’ consensus pick at that spot. He had some injuries. I guess George forgot to ask Pace if he can see the future during his interview.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I would just like to chime in that Boletardian is an idiot. There was 0% chance Pace was getting fired last year.

For all future references.

Boletardian.

Good to know you enjoy your GM's to be 14-34. For all future references, you're ok with last place teams.

msadows

Liked Posts:
White was just about every experts’ consensus pick at that spot. He had some injuries. I guess George forgot to ask Pace if he can see the future during his interview.

This, Many had White over Amari Cooper also as the top WR.

Same with Floyd, he was regarded as the top pass rusher and a good pick at the position.

It's not like he reached for Shea or some shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Good to know you enjoy your GM's to be 14-34. For all future references, you're ok with last place teams.

Seriously, dude?

He inherited one of the oldest teams in the nfl with the least amount of talent. Stupid as fuck spin on the argument

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:

It doesn't matter if he was every expert's consensus pick or not (they don't run the team right?), he isn't dressing this year he's so bad. That is the definition of a bust and overall bad draft. Now I'm not saying he hasn't had good drafts, I thought this year's was excellent. His first 3 picks were plug and play players and I was very excited. However, his first year was bad when he needed to hit on a lot of picks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

You’re right most teams that have it tear it down and rebuild are out there kicking ass.

jonimus

Liked Posts:

Boletardian,

I heard Nagy should have been fired after the first game this season. Multiple YouTube analysts were calling for his head. He's lucky to have a job now. At the time he won 0% of his games. For all future references, you are still Boletardian.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It doesn't matter if he was every expert's consensus pick or not (they don't run the team right?), he isn't dressing this year he's so bad. That is the definition of a bust and overall bad draft. Now I'm not saying he hasn't had good drafts, I thought this year's was excellent. His first 3 picks were plug and play players and I was very excited. However, his first year was bad when he needed to hit on a lot of picks.

There are 3 key starters on the defense from that draft and UDFA cycle.

msadows

Liked Posts:

His first year he didn't have his own scouting team in place and was using phil emery's.

Did you talk shit about Hoyer/Epstein also when the cubs went 188-288 in a 3 year span?

Heres a shocking fact: Teams devoid of talent don't become good overnight, even if you have the best GM/President in sports.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was ready to throw Pace in the dumpster fire when he brought back Fox for that 3rd season. But nobody can deny Pace hit it out of the park last offseason.