Pace confirms they had first round grades on Jenkins

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering Pace's 1st round past production, declaring Jenkins a 1st round talent doesn't inspire much confidence, Shit, just say he was the best OT available at that slot, and leave it at that

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He drafts pretty well. White was an injury anomaly, Floyd was pretty good and Smith was a home run. He blew the Trubisky pick and it was a big miss. He had his chance to make it right and he did with an absolutely fantastic trade. No GMs bat 1,000. Take a look at New England’s drafts over the last six or seven years and get ready to puke. Brady covered up for multiple draft sins.

Hell even the vaunted Ozzie Newsome selected Kyle Boller in the first round.

Pace keeps getting better at his job but the media and fans love to tag him and it’s primarily based on taking Trubisky. In hindsight, not taking Watson might not have been such a bad thing. That situation is getting ugly.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He drafts pretty well. White was an injury anomaly, Floyd was pretty good and Smith was a home run. He blew the Trubisky pick and it was a big miss. He had his chance to make it right and he did with an absolutely fantastic trade. No GMs bat 1,000. Take a look at New England’s drafts over the last six or seven years and get ready to puke. Brady covered up for multiple draft sins.

Hell even the vaunted Ozzie Newsome selected Kyle Boller in the first round.

Pace keeps getting better at his job but the media and fans love to tag him and it’s primarily based on taking Trubisky. In hindsight, not taking Watson might not have been such a bad thing. That situation is getting ugly.
This simply isn't true.

I'm not sure there's a more deluded cult than the Pace defenders, which oddly seems to magically have a complete resurgence the past two days.

No one claims any GM bats 1000. This is constantly used as a defense, when its something that literally no one has claimed. No one.

You're right, Brady has made up for it multiple draft sins. But when you don't have those type of players that make up for it, your lack of team building shows. Mack is one of those players.

As i told others when it comes to GMs, at the end of the day its about regularly putting your team into position to win SBs. Pace has not done that and a big part of that is drafting. Pace defenders like to do the thing where they say "yeah, well, but Kevin White had freak injuries" and then completely downplay what a disappointment Floyd was. Brush off missing on Mitch and then use Smith as a world beater. Downplay failures, overhype successes.

Point blank, the roster and accomplishments tell the story. Underwhelming roster. 1 division title. No playoff wins. Cap hell. Little draft capital. But yeah, i guess all of the media and most Bears fans are the wrong ones.

Deluded.

Last edited:

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Considering Pace's 1st round past production, declaring Jenkins a 1st round talent doesn't inspire much confidence, Shit, just say he was the best OT available at that slot, and leave it at that
Gotta jump in here and agree. All the hype and "You've totally redeemed yourself crap" is for college kids. The stuff about how mean and nasty Jenkins is worthless, if he can't get his hands on Von Miller it don't really matter. Can Fields play in the NFL, I don't know, I hope so. Pace going big hurt us bad with Trubs. Our Cornerbacks are a disaster right now, a wreck. We could have picked up help in the third round, but not the fifth. Giving away draft picks like candy on Halloween is a really bad habit for Pace.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
As i told others when it comes to GMs, at the end of the day its about regularly putting your team into position to win SBs. Pace has not done that and a big part of that is drafting. Pace defenders like to do the thing where they say "yeah, well, but Kevin White had freak injuries" and then completely downplay what a disappointment Floyd was. Brush off missing on Mitch and then use Smith as a world beater. Downplay failures, overhype successes.

Point black, the roster and accomplishments tell the story. Underwhelming roster. 1 division title. No playoff wins. Cap hell. Little draft capital. But yeah, i guess all of the media and most Bears fans are the wrong ones.

Deluded.
Amen.

People immediately get giddy about Pace's drafts, and then are disappointed with the season.

Anthony Miller is a perfect example. 2018 -> Steve Smith comparisons; 2020 -> get that fucking headcase off the team.

We still have ZERO playoff wins with Ryan Pace going into his 7th season.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace saying he can play left or right tackle doesn't inspire much confidence either. Look at all the issues we've had on the o-line and moving guys around.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amen.

People immediately get giddy about Pace's drafts, and then are disappointed with the season.

Anthony Miller is a perfect example. 2018 -> Steve Smith comparisons; 2020 -> get that fucking headcase off the team.

We still have ZERO playoff wins with Ryan Pace going into his 7th season.
He'll need a few more successful drafts and cleanup the contract stuff to achieve full atonement. Resigning guys a year early to pay them slightly less per year still means you're paying more for the same overall talent, annually. Too much tunnel vision. Just happen to work out so far this draft.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He'll need a few more successful drafts and cleanup the contract stuff to achieve full atonement. Resigning guys a year early to pay them slightly less per year still means you're paying more for the same overall talent, annually. Too much tunnel vision. Just happen to work out so far this draft.
You do realize that is an overall benefit to the team’s cap situation, right???

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do realize that is an overall benefit to the team’s cap situation, right???
It's not, you pay more overall for the player over his career and it catches up to you after a few years unless you sign him for a significantly lower #. It only works when you project better performance than you got before the signing. Not what has been the situation with our Ts and Jackson. Trevathan overpaid. How about the last FA? He gets these love pangs for players and overextends for them.

He's fucked the payroll. It's not a total disaster as there are always work arounds but like the draft, he's been kicking the bill down the road and it's due to correcting/covering previous mistakes. It would be great to see him catch up on payroll and draft capitol but it's still at least 2 years away. Payroll may happen by default with a much high cap next year but the draft will be without starter picks, again.

I love this draft but if he hadn't missed or drafted better before... Me liking it also doesn't make it successful until these guys perform.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It's not, you pay more overall for the player over his career and it catches up to you after a few. It only works when you project better performance than you get. Not what has been the situation with our Ts and Jackson. Trevathan overpaid,. How about last FA?
You don’t seem to understand...