Pace Delivers Death Sentence to Bears Organization

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I live in KC, and all I hear today is how awesome the Chiefs move is and how Mahomes is the next Brett Favre.

Meanwhile, the Bears trade up for a guy much more pro ready and with a higher upside, and half of ChIcago is ready to murder Ryan Pace.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
DJ - I applaud the fact that when you commit to an opinion, you really take it to the next level.

I mean it took some balls for Warden to start a post saying the franchise would be "reeling for FIVE years". But you just went out there and multiplied that motherfucker by four. Kudos to you. Although you have left yourself vulnerable to the true death sentence predictor that argues for shutting the organisation down completely.

I mean, I'm a little puzzled by how a third round pick in 2018 = a twenty year wasteland. But it's nice to see someone take their view of the world to its natural conclusion.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I live in KC, and all I hear today is how awesome the Chiefs move is and how Mahomes is the next Brett Favre.

Meanwhile, the Bears trade up for a guy much more pro ready and with a higher upside, and half of ChIcago is ready to murder Ryan Pace.

It just doesn't make any sense. There are no pleasing some people.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

I honestly think Pace is more polarizing in Chicago than Trump

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Come on broseph, you know I'm not a troll. I say stuff to make people laugh a lot but most of my ribbing is self-deprecating. And when I do name call, its intentionally ridiculous.
I wasn't referring too you specifically​. There have been a handful of others running a muck today.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I just happy as hell that now we know that Ryan Pace really IS the guy in charge.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
DJ - I applaud the fact that when you commit to an opinion, you really take it to the next level.

I mean it took some balls for Warden to start a post saying the franchise would be "reeling for FIVE years". But you just went out there and multiplied that motherfucker by four. Kudos to you. Although you have left yourself vulnerable to the true death sentence predictor that argues for shutting the organisation down completely.

I mean, I'm a little puzzled by how a third round pick in 2018 = a twenty year wasteland. But it's nice to see someone take their view of the world to its natural conclusion.

Thanks, homie. Did I under-exaggerate a little? Maybe 30-40 years?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

"Trubinsky fades back to pass.
Bobbie Massie gets beat badly off the edge.
Trubinsky starts running for his life.
He throws off balance to Bellamy just before getting creamed.
Bellamy drops the ball.
Trubinsky is really shaken up."

Get prepared for a lot of the above.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
nothing cures a team like a good QB.....if you avoid drafting a QB because he might suck you'll never get one. The only option is to hope one falls into your lap in a later round........most of the top QBs go in the first round; full stop. You have to pull the trigger at some point.

people dont realize how much waiting could have cost us. Look what Houston and KC did. And for Houston if they did that a few years ago they might have won the superbowl by now. If we waited until next year cause filling the safety position is so important lol lol it would have cost us multiple real picks. Now we are free with most of our picks the next few seasons to finish this rebuild and become much more competitive

and Ive asked this multiple times in multiple threads with crickets. I want people to name me the game changers we have drafted in the third and fourth rounds since the Lance Briggs pick please just to prove how insignificant what we used to trade up really is

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
so you'd rather have:

"Glennon fades back to pass.
Bobbie Massie gets beat badly off the edge.
Glennon starts running for his life.
He throws off balance to Bellamy just before getting creamed.
Glennon is picked off"

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think Pace is more polarizing in Chicago than Trump

Trump would have won Chicago in a landslide if he had promised to ban quarterback immigration and build a wall around the 80s.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So when is a good time to get a QB......when your 8-8 with a solid base to work around.....it is harder to get the top guy in the draft at that point...

if you have an opportunity to get the guy you want, you take it...especially at the QB position.

the Bears can still get two more starters out of this draft.

Then they would be bitching because we had to give up multiple future firsts and present seconds for the QB they predict will be a bust.
They wouldn't bitch because when you wait until you have the team before getting the QB that you're going to lose part of that team in the 2-5 years it takes that QB to be ready because in their imagination you draft instant stars.

If Trub does bust it's better to find out before all the pieces are in place or else you build your team, the QB busts, you rebuild the team, the QB busts and you're stuck doing that the extremely slow way.
If the Bears had a lick of sense they would've recognized Rex wasn't the QB and went for Rodgers instead of worrying about over drafting him. In the least they should've been looking to upgrade not only RB but QB and considered that Rodgers was an upgrade. Then we would've had that defense with a QB.

I don't know if Trubisky is the guy but at least they're trying and not sitting back for 5-10 years with "Glennon is our QB" to let another team fall apart while they ignore the QB position waiting to see.

Also didn't we have a problem getting FA this year? No matter how much he sucked that wasn't a problem with Cutler. If Trub is the guy who gives the Bears promise holes will be easy to fill.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

yeah, its fucking silly how giving up firsts for watson and maholmes is being viewed as solid moves but giving up a couple 3rds and a 4th for trubs is the end of the world.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
yeah, its fucking silly how giving up firsts for watson and maholmes is being viewed as solid moves but giving up a couple 3rds and a 4th for trubs is the end of the world.

It doesn't fit the talking head's narrative. They were OK with Trubisky going to Browns #1 or SF taking him #2 but the Bears aren't supposed to have a QB or the Bears were supposed to make due with Glennon. The Bears jump to take Trub #2 and it's shocking.

I'd be curious to hear the press in a year with a top hyped QB if the Bears jumped up to grab him. We saw them do a complete 180° with Cutler. (And I could agree that this team has issues working the QB position but that's not how they spun the story.)

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I always thought the Bears would go QB in the first once they signed Sanchez. I was surprised at the trade-up but have come to terms with it. The entire QB plan could turn into a windfall if Glennon plays well this year. Can be trade bait next year or the year after. Could easily makeup the picks we lost this year.
It would be a nice problem to have

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with the pick itself. Cautiously optimistic, but overall fine. Still worried about Trub's lack of experience. I just think Pace overreacted. Still think he could have had his guy and the extra picks to build around his guy. Also wondering if the Bears truly have the patience, as well as the personnel, to develop Trubs correctly.

I do wish Pace had gotten Trubisky for less, but I am happier that he didn't sit & wait & risk having his guy picked right in front of him. It makes me think of the 2014 draft. I still think Donald was the best player from that draft class. Outside of QB a 3TECH was easily the biggest need. The fact that Donald was on the board even at 10 let alone 11 should have warranted leapfrogging Fisher for a kid that would have made a difference at a motor position that changes the landscape of an entire TAMPA 2 defensive system that Tucker ran. Emery should have been making trade up offers with every gm when Donald made it as far back as #10. Emery could have & should have moved up but lost out on a rare opportunity to get to get the best player in an entire class by sitting on his thumbs.

Trubisky was my favorite player in this class, & even though Pace did overpay a bit, I'm glad he didn't sit on his thumbs instead. I was more worried about San Fran taking Trubisky than I was Cleveland.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just heard Arkush actually criticize Pace today because what if Glennon turns out to be a good quarterback then Pace wasted all those draft choices on Trubisky....

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

PapaBear

Liked Posts:
Last night, Ryan Pace delivered a Death Sentence to the Chicago Bears organization. After a catastrophic FA failure, he followed it up with an even more catastrophic opening draft night -- leaving us a shell of a franchise that may not recover for multiple decades.

We currently have gaping holes at WR, TE, RT, LT, IBL, FS, SS, DL and CB. Pace gave up the 3rd overall pick, two 3rd rounders and 4th rounder to move up ONE SPOT to draft a seriously flawed QB with virtually no game tape. Our chances of addressing any of our gaping holes with legitimate young talent just went out the window. Even if he trades the 2nd round pick to move back a bit - what's he going to get? Another 4th rounder? Whoop Dee Doo!

He drafted Kevin White 7th overall (BUST), Erroneous Grasu with in the 3rd round (BUST), four busts in the 4th round of last years draft a lone (all over Dak), signed Pernell McPee (BUST), Eddie Royal (BUST), Antrelle Rolle (BUST), and a 40 year old safety this off-season (BUST). And now instead of using our picks to fill the numerous holes all across the board-- he traded every thing to get a QB that even if he is good -- will have nothing around him.

I'm still in disbelief. I've been a Bears since 1968 and I've never been this disgusted.

The multiple decades is a bit much -- 3 to 5 years is more believable

Otherwise, I agree with your post.