Pace Delivers Death Sentence to Bears Organization

PapaBear

Liked Posts:
Glennon being good is not the problem. The problem is wasting two 3rd round picks and a 4th round pick for a guy you could have gotten by just standing pat. The 49ers played Pace like a drum. They gave up nothing (they got the guy they would have drafted anyway) and received two 3rds and a 4th for absolutely nothing.

I know some morons will say that Pace had to trade up to make sure that they would get their guy. Nonsense, no other team was going to trade up to No. 2 to take this guy. In the unlikely event that a team would have traded up, then the Bears either take BPA or trade down a few spots to get one of the other QBs that will also be a bust from this draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon being good is not the problem. The problem is wasting two 3rd round picks and a 4th round pick for a guy you could have gotten by just standing pat. The 49ers played Pace like a drum. They gave up nothing (they got the guy they would have drafted anyway) and received two 3rds and a 4th for absolutely nothing.

I know some morons will say that Pace had to trade up to make sure that they would get their guy. Nonsense, no other team was going to trade up to No. 2 to take this guy. In the unlikely event that a team would have traded up, then the Bears either take BPA or trade down a few spots to get one of the other QBs that will also be a bust from this draft.

But this is not what is being said today......there were confirmed multiple offers to SF for the number 2...

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Last night, Ryan Pace delivered a Death Sentence to the Chicago Bears organization. After a catastrophic FA failure, he followed it up with an even more catastrophic opening draft night -- leaving us a shell of a franchise that may not recover for multiple decades.

We currently have gaping holes at WR, TE, RT, LT, IBL, FS, SS, DL and CB. Pace gave up the 3rd overall pick, two 3rd rounders and 4th rounder to move up ONE SPOT to draft a seriously flawed QB with virtually no game tape. Our chances of addressing any of our gaping holes with legitimate young talent just went out the window. Even if he trades the 2nd round pick to move back a bit - what's he going to get? Another 4th rounder? Whoop Dee Doo!

He drafted Kevin White 7th overall (BUST), Erroneous Grasu with in the 3rd round (BUST), four busts in the 4th round of last years draft a lone (all over Dak), signed Pernell McPee (BUST), Eddie Royal (BUST), Antrelle Rolle (BUST), and a 40 year old safety this off-season (BUST). And now instead of using our picks to fill the numerous holes all across the board-- he traded every thing to get a QB that even if he is good -- will have nothing around him.

I'm still in disbelief. I've been a Bears since 1968 and I've never been this disgusted.

Do you watch game of thrones?

"What's dead may never die." This bears organization is already a steaming pile of shit and by all standards "dead." Trading up and taking Trubisky does not change that lol.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
I presume the OP is not actually being serious here with the reference to decades. That's a little bit crazy.

To be honest, I thought there'd be a bigger meltdown if pace didn't draft a QB at 3... I guess I was wrong there.

No. you weren't wrong. That is exactly what would have happened.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Just heard Arkush actually criticize Pace today because what if Glennon turns out to be a good quarterback then Pace wasted all those draft choices on Trubisky....

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

I think the QB illiterate and sheep of the media don't want Bears to have a QB. They want the team to suck or think they can win with garbage at the QB position. They seem to forget the rule changes since '06 that make defense and special teams not as effective. But it's so obvious I think they want the team to suck, maybe they just like to bitch.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
OMG he just drafted a Div 2 guy in the second? He was projected out as a 4th rounder.

RIP Pace's career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OMG he just drafted a Div 2 guy in the second? He was projected out as a 4th rounder.

RIP Pace's career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pace is growing some balls this draft. Second round is usually where he takes his technician DL/OL.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shit like this is hilarious, it's quite similar to environmentalists who scream "we're murdering the planet!!!" No, the planet will be just fine, we may not be, but that doesn't have the same rhetorical impact. Same thing here: "Death Sentence to Bears Organization" = whiny cunting while equating the possible failure of a draft pick to a collapse of something that will outlive every single person on this board. But hey, drama queens do love the attention.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Our fans are insane...it's damned if you do damned if you don't for pace. Walked into the franchise in the worst possible situation. An old team with a bad locker room and a qb they didn't want. No patience at all I regards to developing draft picks. Kevin white may still turn out to be good. Amos is decent. Whitehair is decent. Floyd is good. Howard is good. No one could turn this shit show around fast. If we have one more bad year and a good nucleaus going forward with POTENTIAL of a young talented qb, it is still not enough for many here. And neither was glennon. So pace will get attacked no matter what. I still believe in him.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"Trubinsky fades back to pass.
Bobbie Massie gets beat badly off the edge.
Trubinsky starts running for his life.
He throws off balance to Bellamy just before getting creamed.
Bellamy drops the ball.
Trubinsky is really shaken up."

Get prepared for a lot of the above.

All 3 players will be pro bowlers in 20 years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
All 3 players will be pro bowlers in 20 years.

like on the PBA tour

2017PBALogo1958Slider.jpg

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It boggles my mind. We've been begging this team to grow a fucking pair for years to go get a QB.

We finally go out and get one.

"Really wish we had those coin-flip bench-warmer day-2 picks instead.."

Mind boggling indeed.

People are still bitching and moaning that we got a QB, doesn't matter how we got one just being glad that we finally got one.

Last edited:

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

There was no guarantee that MT was gonna be there at #3, not when CLE, SF, AZ and a few other teams were trying to move up to get MT........Pace would be the laughing stock of the NFL if he wouldn't have moved up to get MT, you don't fumble on the 1 yard line when your in the prime position to score a touchdown in getting the best QB in the draft (yes, MT was rated higher than Watson).

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our fans are insane...it's damned if you do damned if you don't for pace. Walked into the franchise in the worst possible situation. An old team with a bad locker room and a qb they didn't want. No patience at all I regards to developing draft picks. Kevin white may still turn out to be good. Amos is decent. Whitehair is decent. Floyd is good. Howard is good. No one could turn this shit show around fast. If we have one more bad year and a good nucleaus going forward with POTENTIAL of a young talented qb, it is still not enough for many here. And neither was glennon. So pace will get attacked no matter what. I still believe in him.

Exactly. There's no getting through to these Negative Nancy sky is falling meatballs. Ironically there would have been TONS more pissed off Bears fans if Pace did NOT go QB early, so he was damned either way.

I-Dont-Know-The-Key-To-Success-But-The-Key-To-Failure-Is-Trying-To-Please-Everybody.png

To go off-topic (or not) ...That said, the few loud meatball "fans" booing Glennon at Wrigley and now booing Mitch at United Center need to STHU. Absolutely ridiculous.
Move to Green Bay and continue inbreeding. Unbelievable. Zero reason or excuse for that.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
There are only so many Andrew Luck, sure-thing quarterbacks that come out of the draft. Heck, Andrew Luck was supposed to be a once-in-a-decade type of quarterback, and even he has looked a bit shaky thus far throughout his NFL career.

You can tell yourself over and over that every quarterback in this draft is a bust, or you can respect the fact that Pace put his dick out on the table and truly believes that this is the guy who will bring the Chicago Bears back to the promised land.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Trubs might have the highest floor of all the QB's. Mahommes has talent, but serious issues. Watson may not translate to pros. Kizer is a wildcard who doesn't process that well on the field however well spoken he might be.

Kaaya and Peterman were damn interesting at better values, but that doesn't mean their floor is higher than Trubs.

The intriguing thing is his "savant" like memory to go with great character, and leadership with his body sacrifice and will. he has some intangibles. Whether he is a career back-up (I think his floor is to be in the league a long time) or a legit starter for the Bears the next decade probably depends on how special his brain is. I get douche frat bro vibes from him, and I have serious concerns because of the success of his coach, Fedora who to me is the mastermind behind North Carolina.

If Trubs brings us Fedora as the next coach, or next OC after Fox gets canned...that move alone would bring me fully on board. I'm gonna root the fuck out of Glennon and Trubs...I just have a couple fears. But come on, I'm a Bears fan. I'm fucking traumatized and shell shocked just like all our QB's become.

PTQD.

We all have it. Post Traumatic Quarterback Disorder.

Username

Liked Posts:
I think Trubs might have the highest floor of all the QB's. Mahommes has talent, but serious issues. Watson may not translate to pros. Kizer is a wildcard who doesn't process that well on the field however well spoken he might be.

Kaaya and Peterman were damn interesting at better values, but that doesn't mean their floor is higher than Trubs.

The intriguing thing is his "savant" like memory to go with great character, and leadership with his body sacrifice and will. he has some intangibles. Whether he is a career back-up (I think his floor is to be in the league a long time) or a legit starter for the Bears the next decade probably depends on how special his brain is. I get douche frat bro vibes from him, and I have serious concerns because of the success of his coach, Fedora who to me is the mastermind behind North Carolina.

If Trubs brings us Fedora as the next coach, or next OC after Fox gets canned...that move alone would bring me fully on board. I'm gonna root the fuck out of Glennon and Trubs...I just have a couple fears. But come on, I'm a Bears fan. I'm fucking traumatized and shell shocked just like all our QB's become.

PTQD.

We all have it. Post Traumatic Quarterback Disorder.

If Fedora comes here as the next OC or head coach, he'll have a QB he sat behind a guy who's either on a practice squad somewhere or not in the NFL. There's a reason why the Turd-biscuit only started 13 games.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Death Sentence?

Look, if the Cleveland Browns haven't 'died' yet then I don't think the Bears will be killed off by this.

Yep, we will end up with another round of coach and GM firings followed by another bunch of Knuckleheads that will come in and fiddle around with this team, win maybe six games and then fall off again.

I hope I am wrong but I don't see anything but mediocrity in our future. Death might be better.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I have a lot of fears about Trub. But it's a real attempt. It may be the realest attempt out of this draft. One fear is the Bears get stuck on "Rex is our QB" forever, that is an even bigger fear with #2 being a bigger excuse than #22. But if that fear ruled we would never find a QB, or in the least we'd have to spend a lot of late round picks each and every draft to find one (and that hasn't been working out when we hang on to those turds for years). At least now it's not the cap hit it was in the 90's to drop a draftee. If RG3 can be on the skids we can surely dump Trub.