Pace Delivers Death Sentence to Bears Organization

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Hahaha I here ya. Take into account that the majority stirring the pot are known troll accounts. It's not as bad as it seems IMO.

Come on broseph, you know I'm not a troll. I say stuff to make people laugh a lot but most of my ribbing is self-deprecating. And when I do name call, its intentionally ridiculous.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Anywho - I'm just saying even if Mitch Trufailsky is good, who the heck is he playing with? We have holes at RT, LT, TE, WR, FS, SS, CB, ILB and DL. What's he going to do -- throw to himself? Kevin White is trash, Alshon is gone, Eddie Royal sucked balls, Drops Bellamy is terrible. We have Ultra Soft Zach Miller at TE. He'll last, what, two quarters at best?

If we were a competitive team that was only a QB away from winning -- fine, trade two 3rd rounders, a 4th rounder and the 3rd overall pick of the draft. But we needed those picks desperately to fill our numerous holes and now we're totally screwed. I honestly think this was the worst trade in the history of any of the four major sports.

donkdw

Liked Posts:
Anywho - I'm just saying even if Mitch Trufailsky is good, who the heck is he playing with? We have holes at RT, LT, TE, WR, FS, SS, CB, ILB and DL. What's he going to do -- throw to himself? Kevin White is trash, Alshon is gone, Eddie Royal sucked balls, Drops Bellamy is terrible. We have Ultra Soft Zach Miller at TE. He'll last, what, two quarters at best?

If we were a competitive team that was only a QB away from winning -- fine, trade two 3rd rounders, a 4th rounder and the 3rd overall pick of the draft. But we needed those picks desperately to fill our numerous holes and now we're totally screwed. I honestly think this was the worst trade in the history of any of the four major sports.

If we were only a QB away we'd be stuck at 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 territory.

Then we'd have to give up multiple firsts to draft the first QB. Imagine the whining then!

Get the QB - let him grow while you build around him. If trubisky is what they think we have 12 years with him and a 10 year window.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i've heard people claim that getting a QB is stupid because there aren't enough pieces around him...this is what the idiot Goff said on the score.....where is the fucking rule that you can't get a QB after you built the entire team...

The bottom line is that they were the closest to getting a QB this year than any year in the past for a while.....at some point you have to do it or have fun living in the 7-9 zone for a long time.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
i've heard people claim that getting a QB is stupid because there aren't enough pieces around him...this is what the idiot Goff said on the score.....where is the fucking rule that you can't get a QB after you built the entire team...

The bottom line is that they were the closest to getting a QB this year than any year in the past for a while.....at some point you have to do it or have fun living in the 7-9 zone for a long time.

First of all, we're not in the "7-9 zone." We won 3 fucking games last year. And 6 the year before. So we're in the "3-6 zone." We have virtually no young talent at the following positions: WR, TE, RT, LT, FS, SS, CB, DE and ILB. We just drafted a HUGE question mark with extremely limited game footage who is walking into a situation where he'll have nobody around him. It's just too improbable of a scenario that this works out.

In fact, at this point, our best bet would be sucking so bad in 2018 that we finish 1-15 or whatever we're going to finish and draft a legit sure thing franchise QB. That way we can finally dump Fox, draft a legit franchise QB, and have the new HC develop him.

The odds of this working out are devastatingly low.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
First of all, we're not in the "7-9 zone." We won 3 fucking games last year. And 6 the year before. So we're in the "3-6 zone." We have virtually no young talent at the following positions: WR, TE, RT, LT, FS, SS, CB, DE and ILB. We just drafted a HUGE question mark with extremely limited game footage who is walking into a situation where he'll have nobody around him. It's just too improbable of a scenario that this works out.

In fact, at this point, our best bet would be sucking so bad in 2018 that we finish 1-15 or whatever we're going to finish and draft a legit sure thing franchise QB. That way we can finally dump Fox, draft a legit franchise QB, and have the new HC develop him.

Thankfully this draft is deep with defensive talent

Liked Posts:
We usually agree on stuff but I don't think I've ever agreed with you more at one single thing than this, it's a death sentence indeed. We'll be historically bad for years to come. Pace mortgaged our future just to buy himself a few more years of employment.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We usually agree on stuff but I don't think I've ever agreed with you more at one single thing than this, it's a death sentence indeed. We'll be historically bad for years to come. Pace mortgaged our future just to buy himself a few more years of employment.

You act like he gave up 3 first round picks. You're fretting over two 3rds and a 4th. Go back and look at the Bears 3rd and 4th rounders over the past 10 years. Very underwhelming players. Good chance he tries to pick up a 3rd tonight by moving pack anyways.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

So when is a good time to get a QB......when your 8-8 with a solid base to work around.....it is harder to get the top guy in the draft at that point...

if you have an opportunity to get the guy you want, you take it...especially at the QB position.

the Bears can still get two more starters out of this draft.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Wouldn't ideally he not play with such no talent because that's the point. Then after when he plays some in a top 3 pick again season in 18 he can get added something to help significantly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

You can ONLY feel that way if you think Trubisky sucks. Which is fine. You have every right to that opinion.

But to others who feel Trubisky has all the tools to be the real deal (Im in that boat), losing a few mid-draft picks to pick up a Franchise QB was well worth it.

Long story short, in 2019, we're either going to be looking back at those few mid rounders and scoffing because we have a franchise QB, or we're going to by pissed and looking for a new QB and new GM.

But right now, the only opinion you can have is whether you think Trubisky sucks or not.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked the Ground Jordan pick up and that's really all I have to point to that's real good during this slow Pace era. And it was pretty much an obvious pick for a RB needy team. I hope Trubs works out but I don't see many pieces in place to help him any time soon. I'm simply not liking Da Fox/Slow Pace era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
You can ONLY feel that way if you think Trubisky sucks. Which is fine. You have every right to that opinion.

But to others who feel Trubisky has all the tools to be the real deal (Im in that boat), losing a few mid-draft picks to pick up a Franchise QB was well worth it.

Long story short, in 2019, we're either going to be looking back at those few mid rounders and scoffing because we have a franchise QB, or we're going to by pissed and looking for a new QB and new GM.

But right now, the only opinion you can have is whether you think Trubisky sucks or not.

No, I can have the opinion that we have far to many holes to fill to be making moves like this.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
bears have a death sentence cause they traded two thirds and a fourth rounder and didnt draft a safety lmfao

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
safety + backup + special teamer > starting QB

didn't you know this.....

3-13 team didnt draft the equivalent of chris harris so the sky is falling lmfao

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
3-13 team didnt draft the equivalent of chris harris so the sky is falling lmfao

nothing cures a team like a good QB.....if you avoid drafting a QB because he might suck you'll never get one. The only option is to hope one falls into your lap in a later round........most of the top QBs go in the first round; full stop. You have to pull the trigger at some point.