flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The team signed 6 former 1st round picks....Ted Ginn Jr., Jimmy Graham, Germain Ifedi, Robert Quinn, Barkevious Mingo, and
Artie Burns.. thoughts on any of these former 1st round picks you think can help the team with a change of scenery?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Often removing the fail and finding a niche is what turns guys like these around. The 2nd part will be key and what Belichick excels at. He doesn't ask players to do things they aren't good at and fits in what they are good at. You know, coaching.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The team signed 6 former 1st round picks....Ted Ginn Jr., Jimmy Graham, Germain Ifedi, Robert Quinn, Barkevious Mingo, and
Artie Burns.. thoughts on any of these former 1st round picks you think can help the team with a change of scenery?
I think Ginn, Quinn, Graham, Ifedi and with no preseason perhaps Burns starts with Mingo as the backup OLB. If so that would be awesome

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The problem with using the Patriots strategy of taking in first round busts and then flipping them for comp picks is we are not the patriots lol
Sadly we aren't the Patriots on the other hand it might help move us to the playoffs I really like Quinn, Graham and Ginn to be starters, Quinn looks like a beast and who knows what Graham or Ginn has left in the tank, should be an interesting season

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Would seem to me that Ginn is more of the guy to keep around the locker room to keep guys working hard. Graham I have zero idea about, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I personally feel, with absolutely nothing to back it up with, that people are down on Ifedi. I think he'll be solid. Mingo is great depth, and obviously Quinn is the real prize here. I don't think Burns makes the roster.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Would seem to me that Ginn is more of the guy to keep around the locker room to keep guys working hard. Graham I have zero idea about, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I personally feel, with absolutely nothing to back it up with, that people are down on Ifedi. I think he'll be solid. Mingo is great depth, and obviously Quinn is the real prize here. I don't think Burns makes the roster.
I'm not sure about Burns either but with no preseaon he does have experiance for whatever that's worth, I think the rookies are way behind where they would have been with their lack of practice

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure about Burns either but with no preseaon he does have experiance for whatever that's worth, I think the rookies are way behind where they would have been with their lack of practice
That's a fair point. Either way, I'm guessing you agree that Johnson will be your CB2 relatively soon.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
That's a fair point. Either way, I'm guessing you agree that Johnson will be your CB2 relatively soon.
Oh hell yes, just not sure how much the lack of practice will hinder the rookies and when they will be ready, soon I can hope

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Often removing the fail and finding a niche is what turns guys like these around. The 2nd part will be key and what Belichick excels at. He doesn't ask players to do things they aren't good at and fits in what they are good at. You know, coaching.
Exactly. Up to this point Nagy hasn’t given me much confidence he can do that. So, in my opinion, what we have here is a coach asking busts to do stuff that they are not necessarily good at and could include stuff they’re actually bad at. Not a great recipe for success.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He also needs an OC etc capable of executing these ideas. Lets hope that was the biggest issue. Never liked that hire.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Does Nagy feel any of these guys can run between the tackles?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The problem with using the Patriots strategy of taking in first round busts and then flipping them for comp picks is we are not the patriots lol

This reminds me when we hired like 3 or 4 former HCs to help Lovie - God whata cluster eff....lol.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is painful to read on a few levels

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This reminds me when we hired like 3 or 4 former HCs to help Lovie - God whata cluster eff....lol.
And to think Lovie is probably the best coach this franchise has ever had other than Halas