Pace.... how ya like me now!!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace's 2018 offseason will be an all timer.

He should win executive of the year.

I feel very confident with him running he franchise.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't check PMs much because I primarily use the site on my phone and there's no way to check them. I wouldn't have bet cash because I don't use PayPal and wouldn't be willing to setup an account for one bet.

Bragging rights are on the line, and I'm sweatin' a little bit. lol.

You can check your PMs and do other things from mobile. All you have to do is scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Full Site.

From there you can click on your profile, check notifications and so on.

Then when you're done just switch back to mobile premium and everything is normal again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I personally don't understand the point of rooting for a sports team claiming yourself a fan but being pessimistic about said team.
I would bet 99.9% of the pessimists are just as much of homers as most, but just enjoy the anonymity the internet allows in order to agitate those that take the bait. halftime probably is wearing his training camp Trubisky signed jersey to work today.

The 0.1% is omletepants. That guy is Gollum's granddad.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I would bet 99.9% of the pessimists are just as much of homers as most, but just enjoy the anonymity the internet allows in order to agitate those that take the bait. halftime probably is wearing his training camp Trubisky signed jersey to work today.

The 0.1% is omletepants. That guy is Gollum's granddad.

You seem agitated.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I don't check PMs much because I primarily use the site on my phone and there's no way to check them. I wouldn't have bet cash because I don't use PayPal and wouldn't be willing to setup an account for one bet.

Bragging rights are on the line, and I'm sweatin' a little bit. lol.
If you select something other than mobile skin on the bottom left of the page when in a browser and not tap-a-talk, you can access everything. Just expand so you can see something.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace's career hinges on Trubisky.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Maybe, maybe not. Rick Spielman in Minnesota drafted two first round QBs that failed.

Then the Vikings traded a first-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft to the Philadelphia Eagles for quarterback Sam Bradford.

...AND THEN had to dip into FA for Cousins.

Just an example of an organization sticking behind a good GM through some messy times.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over the past few seasons... very few fans showed the foresight and clarity to understand what Pace was doing and the tolerance to extend him patience while he did it.
Most fans complained... said he sucked... berated every move they could not understand and actually wanted him fired.

The complaints were numerous. His draft picks sucked... he couldn't evaluate free agents.... he could of would of did this not that...

Well....

Here we are.... 10-6 is pretty guaranteed.... 11-5 is likely.... 12-4 is possible. the play offs are almost a sure thing. The defense is awesome. The offense is still a tad inconsistent... but good enough for now. The best part is that both the defense and the offense looks to only get better as many of the core players aren't even in their primes yet. This is still a very young team.

So what do the nay-sayers have to say now... do they understand all the short term FA contracts not committing to players who Pace didn't see being here today? Do they now resend their criticism of signing Glennon to a top heavy contract with an easy out... which in essence meant absolutely nothing to the state of the team as it is now? Do they acknowledge that he has drafted as well as any GM in the league over the past few years... finding gems up and down the draft? Have they stopped complaining about his first round picks as if they were all failures like White?

This is Pace's defense. He has either drafted... traded for.... signed and / or re-signed every member of the D........ even when his nay-sayers complained about a few of the moves.............. he said Fuller didn't deserve a contract?

So what are your thoughts of your GM now..... are you ready to say he's actually a good one.... are you still on the fence.... or does he still suck?

I like Pace but come on now he deserved criticism & doubt for last year’s free agency class. That was a horrible free agent group, head lined by Mike Glennon. However Pace has done a great job getting the Bears back to the “Monsters of the Midway”.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Good god I wish I had placed a bet on the Bears with the points. Would have been a great night and then a little extra.

Pace had his early blunders for various reasons. Some self inflicted, learning experiences, and inherited. No reason to look back now. It’s the journey I’m interested in, not the past.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think that would have been true before this season, but with what he has built defensively, the coaching staff and his draft/UDFA post season 1, and with what the McCaskeys have done in hiring GM's in the past, short of a hotel surveillance video of him beating his wife in a elevator/hallway, I think he is safe.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I see you can't seem to get me off your mind. It's getting a little creepy uncomfortable from my perspective.

You jump into this thread, provide nothing of content, and act butthurt. The pattern never changes.

I like how responding directly to your postings qualifies as "you can't seem to get me off your mind...a little creepy". If you don't like people responding to your postings, then why are you posting? Its definitely not for the football-related discussion.

The "irony" of it all is that Pace doesn't need this type of "revisionist history"...he already has survived his rocky start and is now prospering. We don't need to be told that we were wrong to criticize the Glennon signing or that Pace has hit on all his FA signings. Pace's current record speaks for itself.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I love how the nay sayers are now the ones saying we shouldn’t be allowed say who was wrong or right. Like for the last three years if anyone showed any positivity towards a player or a move it was criticized or you were being a homer.

Now that the bears are doing well the people that didn’t want pace fired are ‘in the right’ and should just keep their mouths shut about all the people that wanted him fired??? why?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Over the past few seasons... very few fans showed the foresight and clarity to understand what Pace was doing and the tolerance to extend him patience while he did it.
Most fans complained... said he sucked... berated every move they could not understand and actually wanted him fired.

The complaints were numerous. His draft picks sucked... he couldn't evaluate free agents.... he could of would of did this not that...

Well....

Here we are.... 10-6 is pretty guaranteed.... 11-5 is likely.... 12-4 is possible. the play offs are almost a sure thing. The defense is awesome. The offense is still a tad inconsistent... but good enough for now. The best part is that both the defense and the offense looks to only get better as many of the core players aren't even in their primes yet. This is still a very young team.

So what do the nay-sayers have to say now... do they understand all the short term FA contracts not committing to players who Pace didn't see being here today? Do they now resend their criticism of signing Glennon to a top heavy contract with an easy out... which in essence meant absolutely nothing to the state of the team as it is now? Do they acknowledge that he has drafted as well as any GM in the league over the past few years... finding gems up and down the draft? Have they stopped complaining about his first round picks as if they were all failures like White?

This is Pace's defense. He has either drafted... traded for.... signed and / or re-signed every member of the D........ even when his nay-sayers complained about a few of the moves.............. he said Fuller didn't deserve a contract?

So what are your thoughts of your GM now..... are you ready to say he's actually a good one.... are you still on the fence.... or does he still suck?

Has anyone on here seen his vision from the very beginning and went through 3 years of getting hated on on here with every post made?

Ahem Ahem........DB70

Going through those 3 years of having Pace's back and his moves to rebuild this team and going back and forth with the non-believers has now given me a bad reputation on here (not that i give a shit) and why? Well because i was right the whole time and now those people hate that i was right the whole time so they're even more mad now then they were for the 3 years of me believing in Ryan Pace...lol.

I don't wanna get ahead of myself because there's still one part of this rebuild that is very concerning which is if Mitch is gonna become a better QB that can win games without having to count on the defense to win them for him like last night. Mitch was really bad last night and all 3 INT's were 100% his fault. Now of course he just missed the 2 games and coming back against that defense in the weather has gotta be tough but last nights game wasn't the only bad game for him but was probably his worst of this season.

Ryan Pace = GM of the year.

Remy and some others still hate R.Pace

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You jump into this thread, provide nothing of content, and act butthurt. The pattern never changes.

I like how responding directly to your postings qualifies as "you can't seem to get me off your mind...a little creepy". If you don't like people responding to your postings, then why are you posting? Its definitely not for the football-related discussion.

The "irony" of it all is that Pace doesn't need this type of "revisionist history"...he already has survived his rocky start and is now prospering. We don't need to be told that we were wrong to criticize the Glennon signing or that Pace has hit on all his FA signings. Pace's current record speaks for itself.

You're weird.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that the bears are doing well the people that didn’t want pace fired are ‘in the right’ and should just keep their mouths shut about all the people that wanted him fired??? why?

Because no matter which side of the fence you were on...making a "I told you so" thread is as equally lame.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Meh, we had a dominant defense and playoff appearances and a Super Bowl run under Angelo and what does the average Bears fan think about Angelo?

A common denominator is missing on first round picks. White? Floyd?? Trubisky? Especially when you consider he moved up to draft Trubisky first when he coulda had Mahomes or Watson.

Pace has us with not only a dominant defense but also a top 5 scoring offense to go with it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Well....

In a short answer, No, they still don't understand, but I agree with everything you said. Most Bears like to complain and blame someone all the time without knowing what they are talking about.