Pace.... how ya like me now!!!

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Over the past few seasons... very few fans showed the foresight and clarity to understand what Pace was doing and the tolerance to extend him patience while he did it.
Most fans complained... said he sucked... berated every move they could not understand and actually wanted him fired.

The complaints were numerous. His draft picks sucked... he couldn't evaluate free agents.... he could of would of did this not that...

Well....

Here we are.... 10-6 is pretty guaranteed.... 11-5 is likely.... 12-4 is possible. the play offs are almost a sure thing. The defense is awesome. The offense is still a tad inconsistent... but good enough for now. The best part is that both the defense and the offense looks to only get better as many of the core players aren't even in their primes yet. This is still a very young team.

So what do the nay-sayers have to say now... do they understand all the short term FA contracts not committing to players who Pace didn't see being here today? Do they now resend their criticism of signing Glennon to a top heavy contract with an easy out... which in essence meant absolutely nothing to the state of the team as it is now? Do they acknowledge that he has drafted as well as any GM in the league over the past few years... finding gems up and down the draft? Have they stopped complaining about his first round picks as if they were all failures like White?

This is Pace's defense. He has either drafted... traded for.... signed and / or re-signed every member of the D........ even when his nay-sayers complained about a few of the moves.............. he said Fuller didn't deserve a contract?

So what are your thoughts of your GM now..... are you ready to say he's actually a good one.... are you still on the fence.... or does he still suck?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
The Bears could win the Super Bowl and Omelet would still be here saying "Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot"

What Pace has done with this franchise is nothing short of amazing.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I did not like him much the first 2 years he was here. But his drafting has been top notch from day one.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So what do the nay-sayers have to say now... do they understand all the short term FA contracts not committing to players who Pace didn't see being here today?

LOL at "praising" Pace for signing Glennon to a top heavy contract with an easy out...can you imagine if Pace had signed Glennon to a long-term $100M deal? No one in the NFL was interested in Glennon as a starter. Pace basically used Alshon Jeffery's $$ and gave it to Glennon. The only reason you could say "it worked out" was that Glennon was so terrible it forced Pace/the Bears to put Trubisky on the field as a rookie, giving him valuable experience that paid off this year with Trubisky looking like a polished product after Week 1.

I could list all the missteps of Pace's early years, and be factually correct about every single one of them. I don't know what purpose that would serve, as that history has already been written and it's now 2018. The Bears could have easily gotten rid of Pace at the same time they got rid of Fox...they stayed the course, and its paid off. This type of 'discussion' is basically the cesspool of CCS.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Alpha Male will hate this thread.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
LOL at "praising" Pace for signing Glennon to a top heavy contract with an easy out...can you imagine if Pace had signed Glennon to a long-term $100M deal? No one in the NFL was interested in Glennon as a starter. Pace basically used Alshon Jeffery's $$ and gave it to Glennon. The only reason you could say "it worked out" was that Glennon was so terrible it forced Pace/the Bears to put Trubisky on the field as a rookie, giving him valuable experience that paid off this year with Trubisky looking like a polished product after Week 1.

I could list all the missteps of Pace's early years, and be factually correct about every single one of them. I don't know what purpose that would serve, as that history has already been written and it's now 2018. The Bears could have easily gotten rid of Pace at the same time they got rid of Fox...they stayed the course, and its paid off. This type of 'discussion' is basically the cesspool of CCS.

Myself and others can easily point out the positives from Pace’s early years and be factually correct about every single one of them too.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Myself and others can easily point out the positives from Pace’s early years and be factually correct about every single one of them too.

That's nice. The negatives outweighed the positives. It's amazing how many dumb football thoughts get posted on CCS, yet everyone saw how successful the Bears would be this year because of the brilliance of Pace's early years.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Pace played the long game unlike other teams that splurged their entire budgets on signing FAs that never worked out. so he missed on the Kevin White pick. I think Floyd's starting to pull it together and that move to mortgage everything on getting Trubisky is also working contrary to whatever the dickheads are saying.

this offense is better than Trestman/McCown, fuck you if you think otherwise. the defense is shaping up to be a work of art.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That's nice. The negatives outweighed the positives. It's amazing how many dumb football thoughts get posted on CCS, yet everyone saw how successful the Bears would be this year because of the brilliance of Pace's early years.

The OP didn’t really state that but why should that stop you from having a good rant?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He is having his first good season of his career? How do I like him now? I'm not going to crown him at 9-4 with 3 games to go in his first good season as GM.

I also think the hiring of Matt Nagy is helping Pace shine. Pace is gonna need that shine as he has mortgaged the immediate future with Khalil Mack.

I'm glad we are good again.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The OP didn’t really state that

Huh? That is EXACTLY what he stated: "very few fans showed the foresight and clarity to understand what Pace was doing and the tolerance to extend him patience while he did it." The OP doesn't lump himself into this pathetic group of people...he is above the fray, hence his question of "what do YOU think of your GM now?"

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Meh, we had a dominant defense and playoff appearances and a Super Bowl run under Angelo and what does the average Bears fan think about Angelo?

A common denominator is missing on first round picks. White? Floyd?? Trubisky? Especially when you consider he moved up to draft Trubisky first when he coulda had Mahomes or Watson.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He is having his first good season of his career? How do I like him now? I'm not going to crown him at 9-4 with 3 games to go in his first good season as GM.

I also think the hiring of Matt Nagy is helping Pace shine. Pace is gonna need that shine as he has mortgaged the immediate future with Khalil Mack.

I'm glad we are good again.

I guess drafting Trubisky, Cohen and Jackson last year didn’t meet the mark. The Nagy comment is ludicrous. GMs are supposed to hire great coaches. He also took him right out from under Chris Ballard who worked with Nagy in Kansas City.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I guess drafting Trubisky, Cohen and Jackson last year didn’t meet the mark. The Nagy comment is ludicrous. GMs are supposed to hire great coaches. He also took him right out from under Chris Ballard who worked with Nagy in Kansas City.

Well, when you consider he had a 66% chance at drafting a franchise QB and he took Trubisky instead. He had a 33% chance of drafting a future HOFer, and he whiffed.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Huh? That is EXACTLY what he stated: "very few fans showed the foresight and clarity to understand what Pace was doing and the tolerance to extend him patience while he did it." The OP doesn't lump himself into this pathetic group of people...he is above the fray, hence his question of "what do YOU think of your GM now?"

He actually said over the last few seasons. You love semantics. Is the last few seasons two, three or all four? He is above the fray and mocks you from that vantage point.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, when you consider he had a 66% chance at drafting a franchise QB and he took Trubisky instead. He had a 33% chance of drafting a future HOFer, and he whiffed.

Yet his team beat the team that future hof is on couldn't. Give me the W's over HOF's

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He actually said over the last few seasons. You love semantics. Is the last few seasons two, three or all four? He is above the fray and mocks you from that vantage point.

I like how CCS can't just enjoy the 2018 Bears...they have to constantly reach back into the past and try to weed out the heretics and have their own CCS Nuremberg Trials.

This shit has got to stop at some point. LOL at your mention of "semantics". Gimme a break. What on earth are you actually "arguing" here? That the OP wasn't calling out the 'naysayers', even though he explicitly states it over and over in his posting?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Trubisky pick needs more time to pan out. I still dont know if he is the future because he has to be(high draft value) or because of his play. Let's see what Pace thinks of Mitch after his rookie deal is up.

My Nagy comment stands. The hiring of Nagy is making everyone around Nagy better. Credit to Nagy!

He also hired Fox. Do we praise Pace for setting the clocks back on the bears and getting nowhere with Fox?

Like I said, I am glad we are good again this season. Let Pace win the big one and we fan all crown him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I was one of the few guys on this board that advocated for Mahomes and wanted them to draft him and I have to laugh at the future hall of famer comment. I think we should let these guys play a few more years before crowning any of them. If you think he whiffed on Trubisky, I can’t help you. There is a massive list of top tier NFL QBs that struggled or were uneven starting out.