Pace, Nagy, Future.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Now that we've had some time since the season has ended and the frustration has subsidized a bit. After looking at the whole of Pace and Nagys tenure, I have to say I'm pretty comfortable with both of them. I've been pretty vocal in my dislike of the Trubisky pick and a few others. Also, Nagys play calling has been suspect. But also they are both on their first job in the NFL, mistakes are bound to be made. I do think Pace has learned a few tough lessons and this draft( I fuckin' hope!) he's gonna do us proud. He might not make a HR splash pick,but I dont think he'll try any razzle dazzle wtf stuff either. As far a Nagy, he's done decent with what he has had to work with. I think this off-season and draft he gonna get "His" players, and possibly a QB he wants drafted. Somehow a day before draft im pleasantly optimistic for yhe upcoming season. I also think Dalton will surprise us. Ok, kool aid drank.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I'm not sold on Nagy. We saw that after he supposedly let Lazor call plays, things were starting to look decent. But then towards the end of the season the play calling was very Nagy-like, so I'm not sure if Bears mentioned this or not, but it could be a reason for him staying on. He needs to let Lazor call plays, period.

As far as Pace, I think he's done a good job in the late rounds but it seems like his priorities are all over the place and we'll see how that develops in this draft.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Realistically the Bears win five games this season and both are gone. If they can squeeze blood from a stone and win the division with this fucked up roster in 2021 then they are basically miracle workers, and maybe we need to reconsider what we know all are supposed to know about pro football.

That's my take on it. Seething over Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy isn't fun and defeats the purpose of being a fan. I hope the Bears win, though I certainly don't expect them to. I will not hope the Bears lose so these two can lose their jobs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Now that we've had some time since the season has ended and the frustration has subsidized a bit. After looking at the whole of Pace and Nagys tenure, I have to say I'm pretty comfortable with both of them. I've been pretty vocal in my dislike of the Trubisky pick and a few others. Also, Nagys play calling has been suspect. But also they are both on their first job in the NFL, mistakes are bound to be made. I do think Pace has learned a few tough lessons and this draft( I fuckin' hope!) he's gonna do us proud. He might not make a HR splash pick,but I dont think he'll try any razzle dazzle wtf stuff either. As far a Nagy, he's done decent with what he has had to work with. I think this off-season and draft he gonna get "His" players, and possibly a QB he wants drafted. Somehow a day before draft im pleasantly optimistic for yhe upcoming season. I also think Dalton will surprise us. Ok, kool aid drank.

Uhh, I thought this was about Future the rapper.

I was hoping that Nagy and Pace were entertaining Russel Wilsons wifes ex-husband.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Chase Daniel, Tyler Bray, Nick Foles all were Nagy guys. He can keep spouting that he needs to get his guy, but .....
At one point the offense could not be run correctly because it was based on the TE and having the right guys so they got him the guys.......

Rise

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel, Tyler Bray, Nick Foles all were Nagy guys. He can keep spouting that he needs to get his guy, but .....
At one point the offense could not be run correctly because it was based on the TE and having the right guys so they got him the guys.......

cmon those 3 bums are not “his guys” to run an all powerful offense on all cylinders.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Those guys were ‘Nagy guys’ because they already knew his system and he valued a knowledgeable QB room, not because he thought they were difference makers.

You typically learn the most from your failures, so I have no problem with Pace drafting another QB, especially with Nagy, Lazor, & Defilippo helping with the decision this time.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been the beneficiary of an excellent defense. The offense, for which he is the alleged genius leader has been subpar, and no player has gotten better on the offensive side of the ball in his tenure. His players are undisciplined and lazy. His personnel decisions are questionable. His halftime adjustments are non-existent. He has no scheme, just plays. He does not gameplan to take advantage of his opponents' weaknesses. He does not plan around the strengths and weaknesses of his own personnel. He doesn't learn from errors.
But he does say 'BOOM' in Club Dub. Not so much during 6 game losing streaks. It ain't 2018 anymore.
Nagy Sucks. Pace has blown it.
Nuke it from orbit.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I'll say it again: If Nagy was only OC, HC Nagy would have already fired himself.

Based on that fact, you would think that he would have realized that he is way over his head trying to do both jobs. Esp. with ppl like Lazor, Flip, Ragone (up until this season) in the building that could have filled that OC role.

As a guy that had barely called plays in this league, and a first time HC...The Chicago Bears head job is not the place to experiment and hope. But that's what the Front Office has allowed it to become.

Tell me how comfortable you are when we still:

- can't block consistently,
- can't or won't run the ball when we need to,
- can't manage the clock
- can't score on opening drives or in the 3rd Quarter
- can't play to our strengths (run the ball and actually use your TEs in the redzone)
- can't develop an offense around your QB or running game
- can't break tendency, or out-scheme anybody
- can't stop big pass plays cuz you let your best corner go
- can't defend the middle of the field because you let 2 young talented LBs go a season ago
- can't beat your rivals

....but at least we'll have a young QB to start building around in 2023, when we have draft picks again and Nagy is finally up to speed with how this NFL thing works.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
To be fair to Matt Nagy he has had basically the worst offensive tackle in the NFL playing every single down for the last two years with no potential replacement ever being brought in.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been the beneficiary of an excellent defense. The offense, for which he is the alleged genius leader has been subpar, and no player has gotten better on the offensive side of the ball in his tenure. His players are undisciplined and lazy. His personnel decisions are questionable. His halftime adjustments are non-existent. He has no scheme, just plays. He does not gameplan to take advantage of his opponents' weaknesses. He does not plan around the strengths and weaknesses of his own personnel. He doesn't learn from errors.
But he does say 'BOOM' in Club Dub. Not so much during 6 game losing streaks. It ain't 2018 anymore.
Nagy Sucks. Pace has blown it.
Nuke it from orbit.
Truth Bomb

Liked Posts:
The whole “he hasn’t had enough to work with” shtick is garbage.

Here’s a question: what has Nagy done to actually coach these players and team up to a level where they are better than a sum of their parts?

Great coaches always seem to figure shit out regardless of how poor their roster is structured. Nagy appears to need a perfect roster suited to his play calling, which is shitty to put it mildly.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Looking at the Big picture, most of our great coaches and GMs didn't hit yhe ground running. Everyone knows this year is make or break time. The next two days will tell alot as far as the future and what direction this ships going.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Despite what many of the delusional types around here think, Pace's job is likely secure. He's done decently rebuilding the Bears' talent base from the dumpster fire of late-JA and Emery eras. George M. is a continuity guy. He's mentioned a number of times that the Steelers are the organization he wants to emulate. As long as he's satisfied the talent base as a whole isn't heading south, he'll lean toward keeping his GM and maintaining continuity. That desire for continuity would logically extend to Nagy, but he just seems to be run-averse, which is a bad quality in a HC. I can't recall a HC who had play-calling taken away from him, and then still had a HC job two years later. Maybe Nagy learned from last year, but I'm skeptical. It's just not in his HC DNA.

Biggest error is to insist on tying Pace's future with Nagy's future. Don't believe they are coupled at all...

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think George gives Pace the keys to trade three 1sts for a QB this year? If so, does that secure Pace's job for the next three seasons?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Think George gives Pace the keys to trade three 1sts for a QB this year? If so, does that secure Pace's job for the next three seasons?
At least 2 for both of them. The last thing Ownership wants to do is change the GM or HC. When Ownership changes things can be different.