Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Think George gives Pace the keys to trade three 1sts for a QB this year? If so, does that secure Pace's job for the next three seasons?
A team needs a young All Pro QB or in line to draft one. It made Charger's job appealing. Same with Texans until Watson went nuts. that important piece gets you the next big coach. You think Urban Meyer would be JAC coach if they weren't in the driver's seat for Lawrence?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I remember people saying that hiring offensive minds was a good thing.

He agrees

marc_trestman.jpg

Good times.

BEARS_EMERY_FOOTBALL_47826421.0.jpg

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy has been the beneficiary of an excellent defense. The offense, for which he is the alleged genius leader has been subpar, and no player has gotten better on the offensive side of the ball in his tenure. His players are undisciplined and lazy. His personnel decisions are questionable. His halftime adjustments are non-existent. He has no scheme, just plays. He does not gameplan to take advantage of his opponents' weaknesses. He does not plan around the strengths and weaknesses of his own personnel. He doesn't learn from errors.
But he does say 'BOOM' in Club Dub. Not so much during 6 game losing streaks. It ain't 2018 anymore.
Nagy Sucks. Pace has blown it.
Nuke it from orbit.
tenor.gif

mecha

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been the beneficiary of an excellent defense. The offense, for which he is the alleged genius leader has been subpar, and no player has gotten better on the offensive side of the ball in his tenure. His players are undisciplined and lazy. His personnel decisions are questionable. His halftime adjustments are non-existent. He has no scheme, just plays. He does not gameplan to take advantage of his opponents' weaknesses. He does not plan around the strengths and weaknesses of his own personnel. He doesn't learn from errors.
But he does say 'BOOM' in Club Dub. Not so much during 6 game losing streaks. It ain't 2018 anymore.
Nagy Sucks. Pace has blown it.
Nuke it from orbit.
I've been saying for a long time that Nagy doesn't review other team's games against their opponents and it shows. the 49ers had the fucking blueprint for how to rape Rodgers, how did the Bears respond? oh... the same way every coach back to Lovie Smith did. but hey, it's Jay Cutler's fault right?

I remember people saying that hiring offensive minds was a good thing.
I think offensive minded head coaches are undisciplined puds. you take away their element and they're worthless. take away Nagy's modern day Buddy Ryan in Vic Fangio and you get the 2019-2020 Chicago Bears.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I’m a 180 from the OP. No subsiding of frustration here. I’d still love to see these two egotistical phonies bitched slapped and fired.
Get your KY out this afternoon. Pace is gonna pull some stupid ass shit tonight to show that he is smarter than everyone else.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that we've had some time since the season has ended and the frustration has subsidized a bit. After looking at the whole of Pace and Nagys tenure, I have to say I'm pretty comfortable with both of them. I've been pretty vocal in my dislike of the Trubisky pick and a few others. Also, Nagys play calling has been suspect. But also they are both on their first job in the NFL, mistakes are bound to be made. I do think Pace has learned a few tough lessons and this draft( I fuckin' hope!) he's gonna do us proud. He might not make a HR splash pick,but I dont think he'll try any razzle dazzle wtf stuff either. As far a Nagy, he's done decent with what he has had to work with. I think this off-season and draft he gonna get "His" players, and possibly a QB he wants drafted. Somehow a day before draft im pleasantly optimistic for yhe upcoming season. I also think Dalton will surprise us. Ok, kool aid drank.
This is called the cycle of abuse. Get help.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Listening to all the draft talk this week I heard at separate times reporters quote Bill Parcells and Ozzie Newsome as saying basically the draft is a crap shoot and their best strategy was to trade back to acquire more pics to have a higher chance of hitting on some of them.
This seems to fly in the face of Pace's belief in having conviction on certain players and doing what it takes to get them. Overall I personally think the Bears have very good evaluators on the staff and more often than not the free agents and draft picks are above average. But the 1st round misses are too glaring.
I can't fault Pace for laying it all on the table if he believes in a QB but outside of that he probably needs to do a better job at accumulating picks; meaning trading back and not mortgaging the future.

Unrelated, i will be very surprised if the Bears do not have a new QB on the roster at the end of tomorrow night.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Looking good, now let's nail the 2nd and third picks!

Collins77

Liked Posts:
4th round is getting ready to start. This has been a crazy surreal draft. I think Paces maturation as a GM is evident. Also looks like Nagys fingerprints is all over these picks. Both draftees mentioned Nagy calling and speaking to them. Looks like Nagy is one hell of a recruiter.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
laying off PACE for now.... Nagy, better not fk this up.