Pace Panicked

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s clear Pace panicked after Darrell Henderson went. Terrible fit. He’s a poor mans Jordan Howard with better hands. Zero explosion and I mean fucking zero. You can forget about chunk plays. If he has a carry over 20 yards consider it a minor miracle.

That is all.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I live in central Iowa so I watched most of his games. You are completely full of shit. You've obviously never watched him play. Great vision, great hands, and it's tough to bring him down. Great fit for this system. Couldn't be much happier with the pick at the spot in the draft.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Awful pick! Pace realized his error in trading Howard and panicked.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It’s not a panic when it is a plan. He planned on getting his guy. This Kareem Hunt clone is his guy. He got him. It was a cheap pick up. I really think he wanted the TE Oliver, lost him, read the room, and drafted his dude.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would we draft Henderson he is a budget Tarik Cohen and is too small to be an every down back.

Matt Nagy did awesome with Kareem Hunt who is nothing like Henderson is the slightest.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It’s clear Pace panicked after Darrell Henderson went. Terrible fit. He’s a poor mans Jordan Howard with better hands. Zero explosion and I mean fucking zero. You can forget about chunk plays. If he has a carry over 20 yards consider it a minor miracle.

That is all.
Disagree about the explosion. He has quite a bit. He's just doesn't have the long speed. His first two gears are pretty incredible. Far better than Howard's. His stop, start and cut ability are also much better than Howard's.

It also looks like Pace had it figured pretty well because singletary went right after. He also jumped G.B. who were in the market.

jbd

Liked Posts:
thread starter is either very drunk, on drugs or both..montgomery is a ball player..dude can get yards...powerful runner in college..go watch some of his highlights before you flap at the gums..

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I dont think it was Paces top choice, but defintley not a panic play. Pace obviously knew the Bill's were possibly going to take a RB and wanted his choice. We had Devin Singletary in a few times for private visit, so it says something that pace didnt sit back and wait for whomever fell.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
A lot of RBs went in Thr third. I really thought the fourth was where we would get Rodney Anderson and we’s Draft a TE in the third. Pace made the call for a guy that can play in September. He can pass block, catch, and run with power. This was not a panic pick.

This is an intervention. You need to stop drinking.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Howard was great at capitalising on the space and holes created for him. He had great vision and found his way to daylight really well.

Montgomery does that but he can also create for himself with his ability to setup defenders and make them miss. Howard didn’t have that ability and he couldn’t catch.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I live in central Iowa so I watched most of his games. You are completely full of shit. You've obviously never watched him play. Great vision, great hands, and it's tough to bring him down. Great fit for this system. Couldn't be much happier with the pick at the spot in the draft.

I am a Hawkeye fan that watches many Iowa State games. I would much rather have his teammate Hakeem Butler.

He’s a fucking plodder with no juice after 5 yards. Great hands is an over exaggeration and you know it. The definition of average who you you’re going to want to upgrade sooner rather than later. Certainly not the type of player you fucking trade up for giving up future draft capital.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I am a Hawkeye fan that watches many Iowa State games. I would much rather have his teammate Hakeem Butler.

He’s a fucking plodder with no juice after 5 yards. Great hands is an over exaggeration and you know it. The definition of average who you you’re going to want to upgrade sooner rather than later. Certainly not the type of player you fucking trade up for giving up future draft capital.

Well, Butler is still sitting out there. There’s not a chance Montgomery would have made it out of the third round. Maybe the Bears will burn that 6th and move up to grab him too.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s not a panic when it is a plan. He planned on getting his guy. This Kareem Hunt clone is his guy. He got him. It was a cheap pick up. I really think he wanted the TE Oliver, lost him, read the room, and drafted his dude.

There is literally not one aspect of football where Montgomery is on the same level as Hunt. Not a single one. Just watch these 2 videos of each players college highlights. 95% of Hunt’s video would be Montgomery’s best play of his career. It’s not even a reach either.

All these Bears twitter nerds making that comp are delusional homers or they just don’t watch football. It’s one or the other.

I challenge anyone to watch these videos and tell me those are similar players lol.

David Montgomery is Jamal Williams on the Packers. That’s a realistic comp.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There is literally not one aspect of football where Montgomery is on the same level as Hunt. Not a single one. Just watch these 2 videos of each players college highlights. 95% of Hunt’s video would be Montgomery’s best play of his career. It’s not even a reach either.

All these Bears twitter nerds making that comp are delusional homers or they just don’t watch football. It’s one or the other.

I challenge anyone to watch these videos and tell me those are similar players lol.

David Montgomery is Jamal Williams on the Packers. That’s a realistic comp.
Hunt's competition was not great and Montgomery has better lateral quickness in the vids you just showed.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hunt's competition was not great and Montgomery has better lateral quickness in the vids you just showed.

The Big 12 defenses and tackling are complete horseshit and Hunt already proved it translated to the NFL.

If there’s any crease, Montgomery angles for the sideline with a refrigerator on his back knowing he’s going to get caught from behind while Hunt consistently can take it the distance. Don’t get me started on receiving ability.

Montgomery’s upside is Jamal Williams.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings