Pace Panicked

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would say hes an average starting NFL RB. Not a star and not a bust.

Yep. Elite tackle avoidance ability but missing that extra gear to make him a star. Happy with the pick but the backfield needs a burner that goes north-south. Cohen isnt that guy.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yep. Elite tackle avoidance ability but missing that extra gear to make him a star. Happy with the pick but the backfield needs a burner that goes north-south. Cohen isnt that guy.
Cohen seems to be the king of going straight outta bounds, just before the first down marker, never makes a cut to the open field. He just isn’t that great.....

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

What would you say about Darell Henderson and Midway Mitch's prediction about him?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cohen seems to be the king of going straight outta bounds, just before the first down marker, never makes a cut to the open field. He just isn’t that great.....

The Bears called the really weird run plays with Nagy but it got better at the end of the year.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would you say about Darell Henderson and Midway Mitch's prediction about him?
I have not watched him much but from stats he has a higher yard per attempt with a lot less attempts. Also looks like a lot of injuries.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pierce looks to have that but needs holes, and of course opportunity.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Which is why we paid him instead of Robinson

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tuned out the offense for most of the year so Monty's stats are a little surprising to me.

- 5th most rushing attempts per game
- 4th most touches (attempts + receptions) per game (301)
- 5th most yards from scrimmage (1508)

And of course he had a poor OL and embarrassingly bad quarterback play the entire season.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I tuned out the offense for most of the year so Monty's stats are a little surprising to me.

And of course he had a poor OL and embarrassingly bad quarterback play the entire season.

I might have been a little hard on Montgomery as a 3rd round pick. ?

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
he's no Forte, but he's more dynamic than Howard, which is enough to round out the position. I don't think it's that he's missing an extra gear, his first gear is just too tall: he doesn't have like an immediate burst and seems to hesitate a lot. so unless the line protection is near perfect, he's not getting any big gains out of it. the cockheads running the offense seemed to figure out that he needs more carries. you're not going to get 100 yards out of him on 10 carries. and what was his biggest run, like 26 yards? I don't know, maybe you're right, maybe he is missing that extra gear. LOL

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
he's no Forte, but he's more dynamic than Howard, which is enough to round out the position. I don't think it's that he's missing an extra gear, his first gear is just too tall: he doesn't have like an immediate burst and seems to hesitate a lot. so unless the line protection is near perfect, he's not getting any big gains out of it. the cockheads running the offense seemed to figure out that he needs more carries. you're not going to get 100 yards out of him on 10 carries. and what was his biggest run, like 26 yards? I don't know, maybe you're right, maybe he is missing that extra gear. LOL
His biggest run was an 80 yard td

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I have to admit I was wrong about him. I thought he would compete for starting Fullback at one point and be excellent to that end, but he’s really cut back on the McRibs and played himself into shape and being a top 10 RB. I’m stunned and happy to admit I’m wrong. His vision is a lot better than advertised too.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The games where the OLine really struggled so did he. Once the interior of Whitehair, Musti, and Barr's came together his rushing greatly increased. This is why I say he is an average back. He is good when the line plays average or better but he's not good enough to overcome them playing poorly.