Pace Signs 40 Year Old Safety Quintin Demps

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this pic of Jessica Alba will cheer you guys up.

jessica_alba_beach4.jpg

afXGM6Q.gif

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Adams and Demps are both SS's. Why would they sign Demps and then draft somebody that will keep him off the field? I mean, he's going to be 32. He's clearly here to start.

What really scares me is if they think this move frees them up to draft Jonathon Allen and his arthritic shoulders. That would be a typical Bears thing to do.

I understand they both are SS, but truth be told we only had one legit safety on our roster last year. Demps would be penciled in a the starter spot, but if Pace is writting off Adams/Hooker because of this signing then he is a idiot. We need ALOT of help in the secondary, it would not be the worst thing in the world to go in nexy year with Demps/Adams at SS. Demps starts the season, Adams works to take the job away.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY MOVES LIKE THIS MAKE NO SENSE.

You're too cheap to land anyone worthy.. But you make shit little moves like this

Are you looking to get younger!? And rebuild? Or to save your job by trying to put together a 8-8 team

I hate this whole front office. I can't... AHHH Im so close to giving up on them. They aren't worth the effort of following them anymore

I agree. ANother half measure move. Hire a guy on his last legs as a player and HOPE that he can find the fountain of youth:(

proton

Liked Posts:
I'm sure this will completely wow the season ticket holders

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
- bears need safety help

- bears sign the one that led all safeties in interceptions

- bears fans commit suicide

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Heaven forbid people do research. Demps,is a ballhawk and hasn't lost his speed.

beantacos

Liked Posts:
12 highest rated ss in the league last year.

Some people live to complain

Hammer

Liked Posts:
How does soon to be 32 years old SS fit into Bears rebuilding plans, that's the key complaint about this signing.

If he was 26-28 years old, everyone would praise this move, on the other hand, maybe he can be a mentor to Bears younger safeties (of average talent).

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
12 highest rated ss in the league last year.

Some people live to complain

First off, your name is beantacos. Second of all, we're a 3-13 team that is rebuilding. You sign a 32 year old vet to start if you are on the brink of a Super Bowl. What you don't do is a sign a 32 year old veteran to steal valuable playing time from a young guy if you are a 3-13 team.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
He's still fast allegedly.

AussieBear

First off, your name is beantacos. Second of all, we're a 3-13 team that is rebuilding. You sign a 32 year old vet to start if you are on the brink of a Super Bowl. What you don't do is a sign a 32 year old veteran to steal valuable playing time from a young guy if you are a 3-13 team.

whats wrong with bean tacos.. fuckin elitists wont stop they agenda mane..

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey now, he can be a coach to the younger guys!

lescantclap.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You sign a 32 year old vet to start if you are on the brink of a Super Bowl. What you don't do is a sign a 32 year old veteran to steal valuable playing time from a young guy if you are a 3-13 team.

You sign players that can contribute on and off the field during a rebuild.

Who on the current roster would be a good mentor for the younger players - if that guy exists, then maybe this deal is less valuable. If that guy doesn't exist, and you feel you need a player who is strong at his position and can contribute to mentoring, then this is a good deal as part of the rebuilding process.

Simply looking simply at age isn't enough to gauge the impact of a trade - if only it was that easy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Demps - 6 Interceptions last year.

Bears Secondary - 8 interceptions last year

I guess I missed the part where the Bears secondary was so great last year that we can pass up a guy who got 2 interceptions less than the Bears entire secondary last year.

beantacos

Liked Posts:

Did you have to prove everything you don't know in one post?

It's not good to have a veteran safety who understands and excels at his job? A guy who is better than ever other db on the roster? At $ that doesn't scratch the cap? The best available guy? That's a bad guy to bring in to a rebuild?

You should take a moment to soak in it before attempting to crack those questions