Pace vs Ballard by the numbers

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:

Ballard = 21-of-53 (39.62%) Pace = 24-of-45 (53.33%)
The data shows that both GMs have been close in terms of hitting on a similar number of players. A testament to their obvious skill. However, where Pace managed to pull away in this battle was scoring more contributors for his team amidst fewer total players acquired. Three more hits despite eight fewer moves.
A lot of people may not accept these findings for one reason or another, but it was judged under as fair of circumstances as possible. Take them for what you will. If nothing else, the rivalry will make it that much more fun to watch these two work.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of people here accept only absolutely zero misses by Pace.

I wonder if they now see the Luck pick as a bust. The lack of OL support for the guy certainly should qualify as several misses however.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I wonder if they now see the Luck pick as a bust. The lack of OL support for the guy certainly should qualify as several misses however.
Ballard didn't draft Luck.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

See, Luck is a player that fans can point to and say, "He was a good pick, he just got injured."

Many Bears fans still think this about Kevin White. Can we all see the difference? LOL.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Who?

The only 'numbers' that matter is that in two years Ballard is 14-18 with a 1-1 postseason record, and in 4 years Pace is 26-38 with an 0-1 postseason record.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't give two shits about the drafts prior to Fox being let go and Pace being extended.

I would be interested in Pace's results since his extension, because it seems like night and day difference. It is almost like he was only a puppet and after the extension they took off the training wheels.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ballard = 21-of-53 (39.62%) Pace = 24-of-45 (53.33%)
The data shows that both GMs have been close in terms of hitting on a similar number of players. A testament to their obvious skill. However, where Pace managed to pull away in this battle was scoring more contributors for his team amidst fewer total players acquired. Three more hits despite eight fewer moves.
A lot of people may not accept these findings for one reason or another, but it was judged under as fair of circumstances as possible. Take them for what you will. If nothing else, the rivalry will make it that much more fun to watch these two work.

Too many fake news people on this board to understand what a good GM and bad GM looks like. They didn't even understand how a rebuild works and that you're gonna go through rough times during that rebuild and were calling for him to be fired for 3 years and now many of those same people act like they've been Pace fans the whole time..LOL...Fake News on CCS.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are going to try to fairly compare the GM’s, you should be comparing Ballard’s first 2 years as GM to Pace’s first 2 years as GM (not years 3 and 4).

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If you are going to try to fairly compare the GM’s, you should be comparing Ballard’s first 2 years as GM to Pace’s first 2 years as GM (not years 3 and 4).

I’m not really sure there is a fair way to evaluate GM’s considering every situation is different.

Pace inherited a complete dumpster fire. Ballard inherited a dumpster fire with a top 5 QB.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
And they went 4-12 that year. What’s your point?

I was responding to a post that said "Pace’s record would be better if he inherited what would have been a Hall of Fame QB"...Luck took 0 snaps in 2017. Are you seriously unable to put 2-and-2 together? If so, continue reading!

If Pace had Luck taking 0 snaps in 2017, would that have made Pace's record better? By the same token, did Ballard have an advantage over Pace in 2017 because he had an injured Andrew Luck?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't get why they call this a rivalry? Has Pace even ever traded with Ballard or even mentioned his name?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I honestly don't give two shits about the drafts prior to Fox being let go and Pace being extended.

I would be interested in Pace's results since his extension, because it seems like night and day difference. It is almost like he was only a puppet and after the extension they took off the training wheels.
Pace was a puppet, he had to agree with the FOx plan to get this job.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't get why they call this a rivalry? Has Pace even ever traded with Ballard or even mentioned his name?
He stole Nagy from him. Total win!

1st 2 years, Ballard>Pace but Nagy and Mack are able to warp time and space.

Ballards 2018 draft was great and Reich looks real as well.

Even though he wasn't great in his 2nd year and new O, I thought getting Brissett was an excellent move at a time of desperation and will reward Ballard with a respectable showing this year. There's noise of the Colts trading for someone like Hoyer etc. I think they stay put and run with what they got. They'll need somebody for a few games while Kelly serves his short suspension but they may just sit with Walker.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I was responding to a post that said "Pace’s record would be better if he inherited what would have been a Hall of Fame QB"...Luck took 0 snaps in 2017. Are you seriously unable to put 2-and-2 together? If so, continue reading!

If Pace had Luck taking 0 snaps in 2017, would that have made Pace's record better? By the same token, did Ballard have an advantage over Pace in 2017 because he had an injured Andrew Luck?

What do you think played a bigger role in the colts turn around in 2018 and eventual playoff win: 1. Any roster or team changes that can be credited to Ballard
2. Andrew luck coming back

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What do you think played a bigger role in the colts turn around in 2018 and eventual playoff win: 1. Any roster or team changes that can be credited to Ballard
2. Andrew luck coming back

But Pace already had a 12-4 record in 2018..how much better do you think that record would have been if Pace had Andrew Luck in 2018? 13-3? 14-2? And again, I'm not sure how much of an advantage Ballard had in 2017 with an injured Luck.

I am completely lost with what you are talking about. It makes absolutely no sense. You asked me what my point was, I explained it to you a second time, and you still can't comprehend it. Cool!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
But Pace already had a 12-4 record in 2018..how much better do you think that record would have been if Pace had Andrew Luck in 2018? 13-3? 14-2? And again, I'm not sure how much of an advantage Ballard had in 2017 with an injured Luck.

I am completely lost with what you are talking about. It makes absolutely no sense. You asked me what my point was, I explained it to you a second time, and you still can't comprehend it. Cool!

You quoted ballard's 2 year record and his 1 playoff win. You said he didn't benefit from having Luck ...

I think Ballard has done a pretty good job in the draft but make no mistake his favorable record and 1 playoff win have everything to do with having Andrew Luck come back and play well.

Who?

The only 'numbers' that matter is that in two years Ballard is 14-18 with a 1-1 postseason record, and in 4 years Pace is 26-38 with an 0-1 postseason record.