Packers And Rodgers Should Scare the NFC North

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
So are we still supposed to be scared of Rodgers or did the 49ers take care of that?

What scares me is how crappy the bears organization is all too often. What scares me is a mediocre season might not have inspired the change in personnel (and maybe scheme) that the bears need. I'm much more concerned that the bears still haven't convinced me that they have the gm, coach, or qb correct...maybe if we're lucky one of them. And they need all 3 to be great for a sustained period of time.

What scares me is all the back-patting after 5 playoff appearances this millennium. If the bears would fix their own shit for once there would be nothing to fear from Gb

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No actually I don't hope but I understand that other people and I understand that is part and parcel of being a fan.

Hope you think more clearly soon.
It's clear you don't seem to understand that presently our beloved is not nearly as good as the packers are and it doesn't seem the organization has been good enough to rectify this particular point.

We have been abysmal against green bay for years. And now teams that have been perennially dominated by the are supposed to have fear that they have a defense now????

What were these nfc north teams feeling before the packers got a defense????

My point: like it or not (I don't) the packers rule the north. Them getting a defense doesnt change that.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Given how the 49ers handed it to the Packers by running the ball, I'd argue that the Bears could have won at least one, and possibly both games against the Packers if Nagy understood the importance of running. I'm sure he's still confused as to how the 49ers won the game by running.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given how the 49ers handed it to the Packers by running the ball, I'd argue that the Bears could have won at least one, and possibly both games against the Packers if Nagy understood the importance of running. I'm sure he's still confused as to how the 49ers won the game by running.

well Nagy did fire the entire staff responsible for the running game......

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Okay guys, it's not a death sentence to be 'worried' about a division rival being good. It's completely natural.

Let's take some stock on the Packers:

- Rodgers is still a very good QB. Adams is a very good WR. Jones is has been improving each of his 3 years in the league.
- Since moving on from McCarthy it appears Matt LaFleur has made the offense better overall.
- Since they moved on from Ted Thompson and Brian Gutekunst was brought in they have been more aggressive in improving in the offseason. That has directly helped in fixing long standing issues, like having a weaker defense.

I'm not predicting they will be the division champ for multiple years, but just saying they appear to be built to compete for the division into the foreseeable future.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't mean much. Ultimately its nagy who decides to run or pass.

true.....I think, however, Nagy had little to no faith in the running game and used those short sideline passes as the running game.

Nagy made plenty of mistakes on play calling. But there needs to be a better running game to rely on.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It's clear you don't seem to understand that presently our beloved is not nearly as good as the packers are

It's clear you are either not reading my posts or reading with zero comprehension.

What were these nfc north teams feeling before the packers got a defense????

I imagine the 2018 Bears felt pretty good beating the Packers and clinching the division. I imagine the 2017 Vikings felt pretty good as well on their way to clinching the North. Even Lions fans feel pretty good on a run or two. I am not justifying their rationale only pointing out that it happens with fans. Don't be absurd when you post, thanks.

My point: like it or not (I don't) the packers rule the north. Them getting a defense doesnt change that.

LOL right. It makes it worse as if they are primed for a new run of consecutive division championships that they haven't been on for a while. That was the whole friggin point.

Hope you think more clearly soon.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
true.....I think, however, Nagy had little to no faith in the running game and used those short sideline passes as the running game.

Nagy made plenty of mistakes on play calling. But there needs to be a better running game to rely on.
The first thing you need to do though is commit to it. Nagy has shown no willingness to do that. You can say he might change now that he has seen how important it is in this playoff but nagy has been very stubborn. You would think after that comeback from mariota in kc where he called a shit game he would change his ways but the last two seasons show he will not.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Okay guys, it's not a death sentence to be 'worried' about a division rival being good. It's completely natural.

Let's take some stock on the Packers:

- Rodgers is still a very good QB. Adams is a very good WR. Jones is has been improving each of his 3 years in the league.
- Since moving on from McCarthy it appears Matt LaFleur has made the offense better overall.
- Since they moved on from Ted Thompson and Brian Gutekunst was brought in they have been more aggressive in improving in the offseason. That has directly helped in fixing long standing issues, like having a weaker defense.

I'm not predicting they will be the division champ for multiple years, but just saying they appear to be built to compete for the division into the foreseeable future.

Careful. Being real about GB's up and coming team is triggering around here. Some doubt it, they believe GB is somehow on a downward spiral (and we are moving on up?????)

some scoff as if they were already ON a run of multiple division champs and no fan of any other team in the North should have ever had hope at all forgetting that this was their first division championship in 3 years. Bizarre here lately.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first thing you need to do though is commit to it. Nagy has shown no willingness to do that. You can say he might change now that he has seen how important it is in this playoff but nagy has been very stubborn. You would think after that comeback from mariota in kc where he called a shit game he would change his ways but the last two seasons show he will not.
I agree he didn't commit to it enough. I think he didn't trust it so much he let it negatively affect his playcalling. He knows it has to get better by evidenced that they shit canned everyone associated with it.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I agree he didn't commit to it enough. I think he didn't trust it so much he let it negatively affect his playcalling. He knows it has to get better by evidenced that they shit canned everyone associated with it.
That's just scapegoatism. The run game can't work if you dont run. You can say nagy might have learned but history shows he is very stubborn.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's just scapegoatism. The run game can't work if you dont run. You can say nagy might have learned but history shows he is very stubborn.

what history? there is very little of it. Now if the run game shows signs of life and he doesnt alter his plans, I'll go with that.

I do agree to a certain extent that he did abandon the run too soon. I do fault him for that.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Packers are an average team. They were average in almost every category this season. They beat up on shitty teams, and got dumped on by good ones. They played a Mahomes-less Chiefs, and beat the Vikings twice. Those were their only wins against teams with records better than .500.

The fact that the 49ers absolutely shit down their necks twice this season shows that they're not a good team. Good teams don't get blown out like that twice. They just don't.

That being said, the Chicago Bears should fear the Packers, because the Packers are an average team right now. And the Chicago Bears are a garbage team. And average teams generally can beat garbage teams twice a year.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Packers are an average team. They were average in almost every category this season. They beat up on shitty teams, and got dumped on by good ones. They played a Mahomes-less Chiefs, and beat the Vikings twice. Those were their only wins against teams with records better than .500.

The fact that the 49ers absolutely shit down their necks twice this season shows that they're not a good team. Good teams don't get blown out like that twice. They just don't.

That being said, the Chicago Bears should fear the Packers, because the Packers are an average team right now. And the Chicago Bears are a garbage team. And average teams generally can beat garbage teams twice a year.
Okay, that makes no sense. How many times do non-divisional teams play each other twice a year? Is there even statistical relevance to that happening? Even if they do and one side wins does that mean anything outside of one team being better than the other?

I remember when the Eagles lost to the Cowboys 3 times in one year (twice in the regular season, once in the playoffs). Going into the playoff game so many analysts/fans were saying no team can lose to the same opponent 3 times in a single season like some divine football intervention wouldn't allow it. What happened was the Cowboys were better, so they won. It was probably a combination of scheme, players and health, but at the end of the day the better team won, period.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Careful. Being real about GB's up and coming team is triggering around here. Some doubt it, they believe GB is somehow on a downward spiral (and we are moving on up?????)

some scoff as if they were already ON a run of multiple division champs and no fan of any other team in the North should have ever had hope at all forgetting that this was their first division championship in 3 years. Bizarre here lately.
That's just people walking around all but hurt and hoping that sitting on a cactus is a good idea.

I'll compare it to my hatred for the Cowboys. Do I feel the Eagles are better? Yes. I always will feel they are better. Does that mean they are void of talent and shouldn't be a concern? Hell no! If anything I have to mentally prepare for the Cowboys winning more than any other team because if that happens and I'm not mentally ready for it there's a chance it will be devastating.

Packers are currently a 13-3 team. Since 1978, when the league went to 16 games, the Bears have only had 13+ wins 4 times. I get that people hate the Pack, but there's no denying they were a good team in 2019 and will be entering 2020 with many of the same roster pieces.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's wrong with admitting the packers have had the bears number for quite some time and admitting they are better? The point of the article is that somehow the packers making improving show be something we should all fear as fans of the other teams in the division.

To me that article is saying something we should already have known by the preponderance of the evidence.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, that makes no sense. How many times do non-divisional teams play each other twice a year? Is there even statistical relevance to that happening? Even if they do and one side wins does that mean anything outside of one team being better than the other?

I remember when the Eagles lost to the Cowboys 3 times in one year (twice in the regular season, once in the playoffs). Going into the playoff game so many analysts/fans were saying no team can lose to the same opponent 3 times in a single season like some divine football intervention wouldn't allow it. What happened was the Cowboys were better, so they won. It was probably a combination of scheme, players and health, but at the end of the day the better team won, period.
Right this is sort of the point I was trying to make. Under Jauron the bears went 13-3, while losing to the packers for 2 of the 3 losses.

So while I have expectations for my team, I don't really expect them to beat green bay.

So reading an article about them improving does nothing to my fears about them because I dont feel my team plays very well against them anyway.

mecha

Liked Posts:
1) fuck the Eagles
2) fuck the Packers
3) so the Packers went 13-3, I'm sure I mentioned a few times throughout the season they were an overrated team. the proof is in the pudding, they didn't really beat anyone. see also: people still crying Lovie Smith got fired after a 10-6 campaign where the Bears defense was inflated by beating shit teams; the only winning team they beat that year was the Colts who had Andrew Luck in his very first start.
4) Nagy apparently doesn't review game film or watch what other teams are doing. the Bears played the Packers after the 49ers raped them. he's still playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess. the Bears theoretically have equivalent personnel to the 49ers and have no fucking excuse losing to the Packers twice in the ways they did. the Bears under Nagy should be undefeated against those vomit and piss colored shitbags.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Packers are no threat to win the SB even next year. But they will be a threat to win the division. Bears packers and Vikings are probably all going to draft a QB in the same time frame. Unless Vikings hopefully extend Kirk cousins