Packers cheerleader fights cyberbullying from Bears fans.... Really?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is news?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137107/article/packers-cheerleader-fights-cyberbullying-bears-fans

Packers cheerleader fights cyberbullying Bears fans

[video=youtube_share;cqMvxCKxZb4]http://youtu.be/cqMvxCKxZb4[/video]

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 7, 2013 at 04:49 p.m. Updated: Feb. 7, 2013 at 09:10 p.m.

A 2012 Green Bay Packers cheerleader fought back against Facebook after a picture of her was uploaded to the Chicago Bears Fan page earlier this week.

The photo came with a caption, "Like if you agree the Packers have the worst cheerleaders in the NFL."

As of Thursday morning, the photo of Kaitlyn Collins had over 3,500 likes and more than 640 comments, including one that read, "Doesn't get uglier. Truly an eyesore." According to a YouTube video posted by Collins, most of the vulgar and sexually-related comments were too horrible to repeat but had the same theme: "Ugly."

"This is bullying in its newest form: cyber-bullying," Collins notes in the video.

Although Facebook determined that the photo does not meet its qualifications for bullying, the Chicago Bears Fan page finally relented to outside pressure Thursday afternoon. In place of the photo is a message insisting the page does not condone or encourage bullying.

The episode did produce one positive note for Collins. Mixed in with the tasteless barbs were encouraging sentiments from Packers and Bears fans alike. What's more, Collins' network of family and friends have buoyed her spirits by appreciating her beauty. They are right, of course. The video posted by Collins shows a beautiful young woman with the strength to rise above an ugly situation unexpectedly imposed on her life.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling.

I love the comments on this article.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I was really hoping I could achieve a boner when I saw this thread was about a cheerleader. I am disappoint.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It's now news when people say bad things about someone's facebook picture? You have got to be kidding me.

Lotzzo

Liked Posts:
The amateur cheerleader (they apparently bring in different college squads throughout the year) was trying to protect herself and others from Internet mob action/bullying. What is wrong with that? A little quixotic, sure, but I thought she accomplished what she set out to do with her video. The photo was removed. In the end, what did she do to deserve someone saying "they would fuck her, but only from behind and with a bag over her face?" Someone saying shit like that, would, more likely than not, be lucky to fuck anything besides their hand. And now everyone thinks Chicago fans are a bunch of assholes, which is an over reaction as well. I thought what she did was empowering. Glad to see someone calling Interweb shitheads out by name. Awesome.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
can't wait until everybody's shit smells like roses and we all get along and sing songs together.

guess what bitch? You wanted 15 minutes of fame, now you have it. Just another stupid Packer fuck.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can't wait until everybody's shit smells like roses and we all get along and sing songs together.

guess what bitch? You wanted 15 minutes of fame, now you have it. Just another stupid Packer fuck.

WTF is wrong with you?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This message was brought to you by Sharpie and Crayola.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Boy she really packed on some pounds! I don't see the problem with the Facebook page. Waah waah people are making fun of me because I was a packers Cheerleader. How about you shut up. There was probably a kid born with aids or missing some limbs a minute ago. Stfu and nice doible chin turkey neck

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boy she really packed on some pounds! I don't see the problem with the Facebook page. Waah waah people are making fun of me because I was a packers Cheerleader. How about you shut up. There was probably a kid born with aids or missing some limbs a minute ago. Stfu and nice doible chin turkey neck

Classy aren't you?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved how she showed the comments and put the names associated with them. I know this isn't suppose to be funny, but I couldn't help but laugh. I lost it when she showed the paper bag comment. Good shit. The cheesy Josh Groban music in the background doesn't help at all. Fans of teams attack other teams and everyone associated with them. Why? Because they do not like each other. While this isn't an excuse to condone raunchy behavior, you're working for an NFL team. You are going to be a target for banter, especially by the fans of your biggest rival. Suck it up and ignore it if it bothers you.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Classy aren't you?
Bud she is crying about people making fun of her. What is she..8? There are people who are homeless, have stage 4 cancer and are living in 3rd world countries. So as she makes her video in her warm house while she has her while life ahead of her there are people from my area that had they're homes and belongings washed away by hurricane sandy so I'm sorry if I don't feel bad for this girl who is butt hurt that people who don't know her don't like her.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bud she is crying about people making fun of her. What is she..8? There are people who are homeless, have stage 4 cancer and are living in 3rd world countries. So as she makes her video in her warm house while she has her while life ahead of her there are people from my area that had they're homes and belongings washed away by hurricane sandy so I'm sorry if I don't feel bad for this girl who is butt hurt that people who don't know her don't like her.

Oh my bad, because people are poor in other countries, we should be bullies. Got it!

There's a fine line in proper sports "ribbing", this was clearly over the line. Don't let me stop you though, carry on ...

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
No one is bullying her. It's over Facebook. No one is doing this to her face. Bullying isn't ok but when you become a public figure you are going to have some negative remarks from people.. Is it right? No but she is acting like her. World is falling apart. This isn't a 5 yr old making this video it's a grown Woman. Waah waah how about complain about some real problems.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh my bad, because people are poor in other countries, we should be bullies. Got it!

There's a fine line in proper sports "ribbing", this was clearly over the line. Don't let me stop you though, carry on ...

You're sensitive.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're sensitive.

Because I oppose bullying in any form? Imagine that was your daughter ... and no it's not my daughter.

I'm all for sports "ribbing", this goes WAY WAY too far. If that makes me sensitive, then I'd rather be than not be.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Because I oppose bullying in any form? Imagine that was your daughter ... and no it's not my daughter.

I'm all for sports "ribbing", this goes WAY WAY too far. If that makes me sensitive, then I'd rather be than not be.

I'm with you 100%!! I hope none of the negative asshats posting in this thread have daughters. THis goes way past the normal ribbing!