Packers expected to consider trading Aaron Rodgers to AFC team in 2023 offseason, per report

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yep and the Jets are willing to offer 2 1st rounders. I fucking hate the Packers
Rogers wasn't much better than an average QB this year. Even if he bumps it up and plays above average, its 30 million in 2023 and 40 million for 2024 and 2025.

I don't seem a team giving up that type of a haul for a QB that turns 40 next season.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Jets seem like the obvious choice since the Jets gonna Jet, but I wouldn’t rule the Raiders out either

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rogers wasn't much better than an average QB this year. Even if he bumps it up and plays above average, its 30 million in 2023 and 40 million for 2024 and 2025.

I don't seem a team giving up that type of a haul for a QB that turns 40 next season.
Don’t ever underestimate the crappy decisions a shit franchise like the Jets can make….or the Bears for that matter

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Don’t ever underestimate the crappy decisions a shit franchise like the Jets can make….or the Bears for that matter
I believe the Packers regret signing him to the deal that they did. They paid big money to go 8-9. They could have watched Love play this year and evaluate him. Now they have to make a decision on Love's 5th year option on a guy that has less than 100 snaps in the NFL.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's too old and not good enough anymore to warrant multiple 1st round picks. I think he's more of a 2nd-3rd round value, to be honest, but I'm sure some desperate team will offer their 1st, as long as it's not a current top 10 pick.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not even the Jets can be that stupid......

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know as Bears fans, people will shit on the season that Rodgers had... but if you look at it, almost any QB would have a down year.

He lost his best WR and had to throw to either washed up guys like Randall Cobb, or raw rookies like Christian Watson. Allen Lazard is as average as they come, and Tonyan really isn't the best either. His best O-lineman missed a lot of time, he lost some key components to the offensive coaching staff, which helped get him to the back-to-back MVP seasons he just had, and to top it all off... the dude played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand for several weeks.

In the right situation, he'll be just fine. If he were with a team like the Jets, who have lots of skilled players on offense and a great defense.... he'd likely look like one of the best QBs we've ever seen, again.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I know as Bears fans, people will shit on the season that Rodgers had... but if you look at it, almost any QB would have a down year.

He lost his best WR and had to throw to either washed up guys like Randall Cobb, or raw rookies like Christian Watson. Allen Lazard is as average as they come, and Tonyan really isn't the best either. His best O-lineman missed a lot of time, he lost some key components to the offensive coaching staff, which helped get him to the back-to-back MVP seasons he just had, and to top it all off... the dude played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand for several weeks.

In the right situation, he'll be just fine. If he were with a team like the Jets, who have lots of skilled players on offense and a great defense.... he'd likely look like one of the best QBs we've ever seen, again.
The Jets had/have a really good team outside of the QB. It's no wonder why they wouldn't yell "YOLO" while giving it a shot. And the Packers would be dumb as shit to turn that deal down.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
he'd likely look like one of the best QBs we've ever seen, again.
I think that's a little bullish. He isn't nearly as mobile as he used to be. He misses alot more throws. And he also is a guy that works better with a system and players that he knows. Throwing him into someplace completely new might not be as easy as some think.

baredown

Liked Posts:
They will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.
Yep. This smells like Favre deux. Only this time, the contract is worse and the Jets would have to be concerned about becoming Denver deux. If the Jets were smart, they'd offer to take Rogers contract off the Packers hands for a 2nd (Osweiler deux?). But hoping the Jets will be smart about this is probably a bit of a stretch...

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yep and the Jets are willing to offer 2 1st rounders. I fucking hate the Packers
I mean that is only coming from something Peter King threw out there so...

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Pretty ambiguous "report" there, but I'm not even sure it makes that much sense to trade him. Right now Gutekunst and LeFleur have Rodgers' decline as a convenient excuse for the Packers' mediocrity and underachievement. If they deal him then suddenly they aren't just accountable for their performance on the Packers, but now on the hook for how Rodgers does elsewhere. If he goes to Miami or New York and wins fourteen games while the Packers limp to eight wins again then the Packers decision making team has nowhere to run or hide. They're all fucked.

Meanwhile if Rodgers sticks around they can blame it all on him. The cap figure, the decline, the off-field distractions and media whoring. It makes for a perfect cover for those two incompetents to keep their jobs and NFL paychecks another year. For Gutekunst particularly this is it, nobody is ever going to hire that guy to run a roster again.