Packer's Offensive Line Woes

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Packers defense is elite. For sure. But the offense is looking might vulnerable. Yea, Rodgers is elite. But he's 38. His WRs corps is probably the worst in the NFL. Now, both David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are on the PUP list. That offensive line is looking as shaky as the Bears, at least to start out the season. I think it is conceivable that the Bears steal a win on September 18th. Pack is vulnerable for sure.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Rodgers owns the bears

twetz

Liked Posts:
Since the end of the draft, there are very few ways to change the narrative that gets delivered by the so-called experts. Nobody would be surprised by a 12 or 13 win Packer season. With the Packers, it is possible that their offense could take a solid jump backwards. No Davante Adams, tight end , two top o-linemen still out and not healthy enough yet, offensive line coach is now the OC, lost their QB coach and offensive coordinator, Sammy Watkins WR1, really? Boy would I love watching multiple pissy-pants hysterics by Rodgers on the sideline after one of his receivers has just zigged when he should have zagged. Maybe Blu of Earth can get a sideline pass and give a good cleansing with some burning sage or whatever she offers up so his chakras aren't out of whack, or something.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Packers defense is elite. For sure. But the offense is looking might vulnerable. Yea, Rodgers is elite. But he's 38. His WRs corps is probably the worst in the NFL. Now, both David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are on the PUP list. That offensive line is looking as shaky as the Bears, at least to start out the season. I think it is conceivable that the Bears steal a win on September 18th. Pack is vulnerable for sure.
Overstated. Those on PUP will be back before the middle of camp.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL has modified the rules so now the PUP is only a mandatory 4 games missed. The deadline for the players on the PUP list in the offseason to have any effect on the regular season is August 23.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NFL has modified the rules so now the PUP is only a mandatory 4 games missed. The deadline for the players on the PUP list in the offseason to have any effect on the season is August 23.
Yup. They'll be back.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
With a depleted line last year, they were in the middle of the pack as a unit, and lost their worst ranked OL to the bears.

I’d kill for the bears to be middle of the pack with the OL. Instead they’re the worst, slightly upgrading at center, hoping for 2 rookies who struggled a lot last year improve at tackle spots, no RG, and a declining Cody Whitehair in a new scheme—which the visionless one believes will automatically make guys who can’t hold a block be better.

Bakthiari will be back. Nevermind Rodgers is the smartest qb and knows how to get rid of it when his protection breaks down whereas we saw Fields hold onto the ball way too long. Sure, they have tons of room for improvement—who doesn’t? But I don’t think the packers’ present OL position is anything to scoff at, especially when what the bears are doing at OL is sure to be comically bad.

Canth

Liked Posts:
NFL has modified the rules so now the PUP is only a mandatory 4 games missed. The deadline for the players on the PUP list in the offseason to have any effect on the regular season is August 23.

PUP list during training camp has no restrictions like that. While on PUP list, they cannot practice. But, during training camp, they can come off the PUP list at any time.

But yeah, if they are still on the PUP list once the season starts, it's 4 games missed.

Also, they can only start the season PUP if they were on PUP at the start of training camp. For any injuries sustained during training camp, they have to go on the injured reserved list. They have finally been tweaking how that list works, and I don't remember the new rules on it off the top of my head.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PUP list during training camp has no restrictions like that. While on PUP list, they cannot practice. But, during training camp, they can come off the PUP list at any time.

But yeah, if they are still on the PUP list once the season starts, it's 4 games missed.

Also, they can only start the season PUP if they were on PUP at the start of training camp. For any injuries sustained during training camp, they have to go on the injured reserved list. They have finally been tweaking how that list works, and I don't remember the new rules on it off the top of my head.
I think you are wrong on this, and is why August 23rd is a significant date. Your partially correct in that leading up to that date it means nearly nothing, but do not forget, August 31 is when teams must cut down to 53 players and Players on the PUP do not count towards the 53 man roster until re-activated.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t matter. If the packers OL learn the secret holding technique they’ll be fine

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im in there every Packers game sir

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think you are wrong on this, and is why August 23rd is a significant date. Your partially correct in that leading up to that date it means nearly nothing, but do not forget, August 31 is when teams must cut down to 53 players and Players on the PUP do not count towards the 53 man roster until re-activated.

From the CBS article:
1658687742645.png

Also, an older article explaining the rules at the time. I do not believe PUP has much changed since then in terms of how it works to be placed on PUP or removed from PUP during training camp. The only change was they only have to sit 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks like shown in the article below if they are still on PUP when they set the rosters for the season. The IR rules have changed to be more flexible and allow players to come off of IR when that previously was not an option.

The NFL does not make it easy to find the rules on their website....

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Not so sure with Bakhtiari, it has been 18 months since he injured his ACL and has only gotten into one game late last year. This seems to be a lingering issue.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People were saying that the line of the Packers was weak for quite sometime, yet Rodgers still had his way with the Bears. I hate to say it, but unless ROH is coming back to injure him again, it's kind of like, don't count out the best player on the field, and I bitterly say that still Rodgers.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
I'm more worried about our line than the packers who gives a shift what they are doing. Our fans are more obsessed with what the packers are doing than our own team

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the CBS article:
View attachment 21119

Also, an older article explaining the rules at the time. I do not believe PUP has much changed since then in terms of how it works to be placed on PUP or removed from PUP during training camp. The only change was they only have to sit 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks like shown in the article below if they are still on PUP when they set the rosters for the season. The IR rules have changed to be more flexible and allow players to come off of IR when that previously was not an option.

The NFL does not make it easy to find the rules on their website....
The deadline to decide if a player needs to stay on the PUP list into the regular season is August 23rd, just after the team’s second preseason game.

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 80 players on the Active/Inactive List.
Simultaneously with the roster reduction to 80 players, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness may select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; terminate or request waivers with the designation of Failed Physical or Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness List.