Pagano Insight

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone have an understanding of how he likes to run his defense compared to Fangio? In the presser today it did sound to me like that Nagy was going to leave it up to him, while at the same time the approach not being an overhaul of what was before.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
There have been multiple articles written, look at bleacher report. Basically similar style but more blitzes, not more people coming but disguises and Safeties are primary blitzes.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
More man coverage is assured.

Blitzing? I don't know. Fangio was known as a blitzer in SF but he adjusted to this modern idea of rushing three or four then dropping an army into coverage to hunt for turnovers. I suspect Pagano will have similar plans.

Pagano is a bright defensive mind and true innovator on that side of the ball on the level of Pees, Williams, Fangio, McDermott etc. He has no concrete philosophy that he'll come to Chicago with, but I'm sure he is devising one right now that fits the Bears personnel. I suspect he will only be in Chicago one hear as he's probably one of the ten or so best coaches in the NFL.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
You know, we need more emphasis on the Oline.
Hopefully, that part of the team gets a boost from more effective players.
Putting a large focus on a successful D, to the detriment of the O, sounds like a Lovie Smith technique.
The D is much further developed and has relatively better players than the O.
More room for improvement on the O side of the ball.
We will get a better return on future investment on the O side of the ball.