Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
11 combined points in 3 games. The second line is tearing it up 3 games into the season. I've seen it called the Bread and Butter line on the officials. Maybe premature but I'm stoked. In regards to Panarin I like my crow medium well with a side of steak fries and some A1 sauce.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panarin reminds me of a young Patrick Kane....a bit raw but just bursting with natural skill. Seems like this franchise always has something in reserve that can offset the cap casualties that they are always hit with.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I can't believe the Hawks were able to get this guy. Looks like one of their bigger steals in recent memory.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hope everyone remembers this excitement when he goes on his 10 game scoreless streak. It's a long season and I think he'll have a great one but there will be ups and down. Let's not forget Teuvo build up last year, I'm still really excited to see him for a whole season. I do totally agree that it's great to see them able to reload the talent without having to rely on it to carry the team and can let it progress at a more natural pace will having good enough vets to carry the team and lead the youngins. I didn't realize Panarin is about to turn 24. But at the same time I have thought he was both older and younger than that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope everyone remembers this excitement when he goes on his 10 game scoreless streak. It's a long season and I think he'll have a great one but there will be ups and down. Let's not forget Teuvo build up last year, I'm still really excited to see him for a whole season. I do totally agree that it's great to see them able to reload the talent without having to rely on it to carry the team and can let it progress at a more natural pace will having good enough vets to carry the team and lead the youngins. I didn't realize Panarin is about to turn 24. But at the same time I have thought he was both older and younger than that.

I didn't know that either....you watch him and he looks to be around 20 or so.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its about time Kane got a proper permanent center that compliments him. I'm going to reserve judgement about where Panarin fits best until some metrics start to form on pairings.

its exciting that we have already seen the Panarin-Toews-Kane combination work, as well as the Panarin-Toews-Kane-Keith powerplay I believe I saw. It looks like we have 7 top 6 forwards and it will be Hossa that maybe moves down to form a Dano-Shaw-Hossa line eventually on the third shift.

A trade for a center looks like a real possibility. Its a good thing we found Panarin and found and developed Teuvo given our losses, it allows this dynasty to keep breathing even after what should have been catastrophic losses.

A little luck with players like Pokka/Svedberg/Forsling, maybe a Graham Knott or a Baun/Dano and I hate to keep preaching it but we are deeper than ever.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Its about time Kane got a proper permanent center that compliments him. I'm going to reserve judgement about where Panarin fits best until some metrics start to form on pairings.

its exciting that we have already seen the Panarin-Toews-Kane combination work, as well as the Panarin-Toews-Kane-Keith powerplay I believe I saw. It looks like we have 7 top 6 forwards and it will be Hossa that maybe moves down to form a Dano-Shaw-Hossa line eventually on the third shift.

A trade for a center looks like a real possibility. Its a good thing we found Panarin and found and developed Teuvo given our losses, it allows this dynasty to keep breathing even after what should have been catastrophic losses.

A little luck with players like Pokka/Svedberg/Forsling, maybe a Graham Knott or a Baun/Dano and I hate to keep preaching it but we are deeper than ever.

Why? With Toews/Anisimov/Teuvo/Kruger down the middle the Hawks may be as deep at center as they've been in this era.

And the forward depth is pretty good but the defensive depth and goalie depth are much, much less so.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think eventually we will see Dano and Teuvo together on the 3rd line. Hopefully bigfoot can get out of his own way, and Co tribute on that line. We would be able to roll 3 legit scoring lines, with a shut down 4th line.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

With what mystical cap space would you propose we'd be able to trade for a center? Obviously no one wanted Bigfoot's contract, and would you really want to trade away any of the other guys making decent/lots of cash (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabs, Hoss, Hammer, Crow)? As Dmelt said, this is probably the best our C situation has looked in years (perhaps barring the Vermette rental).

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still not totally sold on AA, but so far so good. He doesn't seem to be hurting that line at all. I'm surprised no one squawked about Garbutt on the first line. He didn't look out of place to me on Saturday.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panarin is obviously tits... But I'm just as excited about AA being a steady center for some of the more offensively skilled players to play with.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Blah/3...In regards to Panarin I like my crow medium well with a side of steak fries and some A1 sauce.
Back in 2011, America's Test Kitchen did a recipe with crow. The secret is marinating it for about 3-5 hours. It jump starts the breakdown on all the stringy tendons and sinewy shit, then, they baked it in it's own marinade...low and slow in a 300 deg. oven for an hour. Melts in your mouth, and you won't need that shitty sauce. They also do great things with steak fries. The secret is to use russets, and sprinkle some corn starch on them to help them get nice and brown/crispy. :yep:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Back in 2011, America's Test Kitchen did a recipe with crow. The secret is marinating it for about 3-5 hours. It jump starts the breakdown on all the stringy tendons and sinewy shit, then, they baked it in it's own marinade...low and slow in a 300 deg. oven for an hour. Melts in your mouth, and you won't need that shitty sauce. They also do great things with steak fries. The secret is to use russets, and sprinkle some corn starch on them to help them get nice and brown/crispy. :yep:

Frying them in duck fat doesn't hurt either.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Nice to see Kane getting to play with a quality center in the long-term and Panarin looks like another Stan steal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What happen to McNeil? Or aren't there other kids still to be bringing along?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happen to McNeil? Or aren't there other kids still to be bringing along?

Some of the so called draft experts called McNeil an NHL ready center, whats it been 2 or 3 years since he was drafted ? I've seen the hype over the years in all sports and then the disappointment when they don't make it. I'm a fan and am excited about how well Panarin (Bread co.) is playing. So far in this small sample size of regular season games he does appear to be playing up to the hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
11 combined points in 3 games. The second line is tearing it up 3 games into the season. I've seen it called the Bread and Butter line on the officials. Maybe premature but I'm stoked. In regards to Panarin I like my crow medium well with a side of steak fries and some A1 sauce.

This line is going to be fun to watch as time goes on.