Panthers are shopping Pro Bowl OG Trai Turner, should the Bears bite..?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
If we could get him for one of our 2nd rounders?
Some fans suggested the Bears use a 2nd round pick on the o-line. If we could get Turner for one of our 2nd rounders, is THIS a move to make? He's only 26,been to 5 straight Pro Bowls and has 2 years left on his deal. I think he's making about a million or 2 million more than what Kyle Long was gonna get.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/02/report-panthers-shopping-trai-turner/

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
He would be great to have but a 13 million cap hit.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
no just sign Daryl Williams who was an all pro RT for them in 2017, has LG&RG versatility, and will not cost a draft pick or as much cap

coolio

Liked Posts:
Pass on this, go after someone in F/A if possible

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
He made his fifth pro bowl but Panther fans feel he's getting worse as time goes on.

Can we trade Leonard Floyd for him?

https://www.reddit.com/r/panthers/comments/emdj6q

If other teams made decisions based on Bears fans' estimations of our own talent, we could dupe anyone into stupid things. I know you were talking about us as fans who don't get to watch the Panthers a lot, and I know Pace will have access to film and scouting that will be more informative than Panther fans. The ironic thing is that I don't exactly FEEL any better about that than I would about the other. Thankfully, that is irrelevant to whether Pace can do this right or not.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Absolutely not. That would be a complete waste of resources. A guy like Glasgow will cost a ton less long term, not cost us a draft pick, and not lose much at all in terms of production. Either that, or actually use that 2nd rd pick on an OG so you can have him locked up for 4 years on a cheap rookie deal.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If other teams made decisions based on Bears fans' estimations of our own talent, we could dupe anyone into stupid things. I know you were talking about us as fans who don't get to watch the Panthers a lot, and I know Pace will have access to film and scouting that will be more informative than Panther fans. The ironic thing is that I don't exactly FEEL any better about that than I would about the other. Thankfully, that is irrelevant to whether Pace can do this right or not.

Pace the guys who's turned down multiple Hall of Fame potential QB's yeah he knows so much more.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The biggest area of need that will help both the running game and QB position is the oline. Just use the easy button on the position.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Absolutely not. That would be a complete waste of resources. A guy like Glasgow will cost a ton less long term, not cost us a draft pick, and not lose much at all in terms of production. Either that, or actually use that 2nd rd pick on an OG so you can have him locked up for 4 years on a cheap rookie deal.

Disagree on rookie. Fact is Turner is a known good player. That 2nd round rookie could be James Daniels. We need a known commodity IMO on OL.

Having said that I agree on Glasgow. Only way I think about turner would be if he costs a 4th this year or a 3rd next year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no guarantee we sign Glasgow.......I'd rather go with a known quantity that has proven himself at one of our biggest areas of need.

OL, TE, OLB, Vet QB

Fill those and you are miles ahead of where you were last year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at all the Glasgow love. He's good, not great, just kinda ...meh. Still going to get north of 10 mil a year. His value is he can play all the OL positions if needed (well maybe not lt, but pretty sure on RT).

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we go over the Cap do the BEARs get fined ? What is the penalty ??

......We are Sooo Sorry, we slipped a digit when we added up our roster...here is the proof.

...................Maybe all transactions are audited by the league office ????

In the future, the league would have to audit all traansactions under a 'new' rule. The BEARs rule

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Turner will not go for a 2nd rounder. The cost will be a 3rd day pick, although probably a high one (4th+), and maybe if they get a bidding war, someone will give up a late 3, but I doubt it. Nobody gives up Day 1 or 2 picks for an interior lineman that's on his 2nd contract. In fact, I can't really think of any linemen that aren't franchise tackles going for an early pick.

That being said, he's 26 with a decent track record. He hasn't been as good the last 2 years as he was the previous 3. But he's dealt with injuries and a change of scenery could rejuvenate him for a few more really good years. His cap hit is only 8.9 this in 2020 to the team trading for him. And 11.5 in 2021. Would imagine he could be cut with little penalty if necessary after 2020. But I think he would solidify the OL and I think the bidding war for Glasgow will get out of hand, especially since Scherff is going to get franchised, making him the #1 interior OL on the market this offseason.