Panthers tried to deal Cam to the Bears, Pace turned it down.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of the rumors are coming to surface, like Foles was the target for the Bears the whole time. Carolina wanted to deal Cam to the Bears, but the Bears declined.
- Also a rumor that a Bridgewater deal was close, but was stalled because the Bears wouldn't assure him he was going to start.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cam was hurt and we couldn't ensure his medicals were true. I mean his team didn't want him, obviously there is something wrong with him.

Teddy Bridgewater had the lowest intended air yards in the league. His average pass was over 2 yards BEFORE the sticks.

He brings a new meaning to checkdown charlie

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good. I like Cam Newton as a player but he isn't the same player he was three years ago.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch Bridgewater light it up.

That's one of the shakier rumors, but supposedly the Bears wouldn't assure him of starting, so he declined. I guess Pace really is going to have Trubisky start next year...how long that lasts we don't know.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's one of the shakier rumors, but supposedly the Bears wouldn't assure him of starting, so he declined. I guess Pace really is going to have Trubisky start next year...how long that lasts we don't know.

If you think teddy is good i feel sorry for you.

What does it say when a QB, and his agent, don't think he can beat out mitch? lol

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What will we be saying in 8 months?:

-Thank God we got Foles. He’s got the Bears in the playoff picture by being average.

-Damn, Cam Newton, a former MVP, is playing really well and has rebounded his career.

-Wow, I guess Teddy Bridgewater really wasn’t just a product of the Saints’ system.

msadows

Liked Posts:

-Thank God we got Foles. He’s got the Bears in the playoff picture by being average.

-Damn, Cam Newton, a former MVP, is playing really well and has rebounded his career.

-Wow, I guess Teddy Bridgewater really wasn’t just a product of the Saints’ system.

Damn, can't believe Mitch is leading the #1 offense in NFL history.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

- I wonder who will sign Newton for next season after he took the year to rehab

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you think teddy is good i feel sorry for you.

What does it say when a QB, and his agent, don't think he can beat out mitch? lol

Who said they didn't think they couldn't beat Mitch? Did him or his agent say this or is this just you making another assumption to make people feel it's true? Maybe he felt he paid his dues as a backup and wanted to be assured that he was gonna have a starting job which Carolina was offering him for the same deal the Bears wanted to give him. The whole thing is just pure speculation to begin with by the media but i've seen during lying season how you believe everything the media says if it's something you want to be true. I would think you'd be smart enough to know how much lying goes on at this time of year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

None of the above.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure if it will be handed or they compete. That said, I think Mitch may actually benefit by watching a real pro run the O for a bit.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote From the article....

"I heard the same rumor that Bridgewater was hesitant to come to the Bears because he didn’t think it’d be a fair competition with Trubisky, for what it’s worth. There’s at least a little credence to it, since Ryan Pace did publicly back Trubisky multiple times this offseason, including when directly asked if he expected Trubisky to be his starter at the NFL Combine. Even if you don’t think he meant what he said, those words might've counted for something. "

( see video>>>#1 )

I don't buy the "Bridgewater was afraid of competing with Mitch " narrative. This is something Bears PR floated out there to look good for taking Foles over Bridgewater.

The KEY here is FAIR COMPETITION ( vs. rigged) . Plus, I believe what the guys in the vid said about Pace wanting to look good when Mitch beats out Foles ( a former SB MVP). I think the Bridgewater camp "smelled " all this, saw it was a set up and told Pace to take a hike.

Pace, deep down..... is still about trying to look good for drafting Mitch over Watson & Mahomes. Pace is about ego , not winning. IMO

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Who are the hot GM canidates?

:bearstroll:

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:

"I heard the same rumor that Bridgewater was hesitant to come to the Bears because he didn’t think it’d be a fair competition with Trubisky, for what it’s worth. There’s at least a little credence to it, since Ryan Pace did publicly back Trubisky multiple times this offseason, including when directly asked if he expected Trubisky to be his starter at the NFL Combine. Even if you don’t think he meant what he said, those words might've counted for something. "
( see video>>>#1 )

I don't buy the "Bridgewater was afraid of competing with Mitch " narrative. This is something Bears PR floated out there to look good for taking Foles over Bridgewater.

The KEY here is FAIR COMPETITION ( vs. rigged) . Plus, I believe what the guys in the vid said about Pace wanting to look good when Mitch beats out Foles ( a former SB MVP). I think the Bridgewater camp "smelled " all this, saw it was a set up and told Pace to take a hike.

Pace, deep down..... is still about trying to look good for drafting Mitch over Watson & Mahomes. Pace is about ego , not winning. IMO

The fact that no one has yet to see it is very shocking. Foles was the safest pick up for Pace, since he has been mostly a backup in career. It’s pretty evident that Mitch will get everyone fired next season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

( see video>>>#1 )

The fact that no one has yet to see it is very shocking. Foles was the safest pick up for Pace, since he has been mostly a backup in career. It’s pretty evident that Mitch will get everyone fired next season.

You mean no one has seen a real Qb competition right?