Panthers tried to deal Cam to the Bears, Pace turned it down.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
What will we be saying in 8 months?:

-Thank God we got Foles. He’s got the Bears in the playoff picture by being average.

-Damn, Cam Newton, a former MVP, is playing really well and has rebounded his career.

-Wow, I guess Teddy Bridgewater really wasn’t just a product of the Saints’ system.

- The defense looks great but the offense isn't shit. Who built this offensive line!?

- Wow well the Patriots fucked up letting Brady go.

- Drew Brees needs to retire

- Fire Nagy, Pace, Mitch. This offense is bad.

- Watson isnt that good without Hopkins.

- Detroit still cant do anything right.

- Aaron Rodgers has to be pissed, he has no help and the Packers are mediocre.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's one of the shakier rumors, but supposedly the Bears wouldn't assure him of starting, so he declined. I guess Pace really is going to have Trubisky start next year...how long that lasts we don't know.
To be clear, it's not what that meant. It meant neither was assured of starting and Bridgewater wasn't willing to compete when he had assurances of starting from other clubs. You can't fault him for that, especially with his history.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote From the article....

"I heard the same rumor that Bridgewater was hesitant to come to the Bears because he didn’t think it’d be a fair competition with Trubisky, for what it’s worth. There’s at least a little credence to it, since Ryan Pace did publicly back Trubisky multiple times this offseason, including when directly asked if he expected Trubisky to be his starter at the NFL Combine. Even if you don’t think he meant what he said, those words might've counted for something. "
( see video>>>#1 )

I don't buy the "Bridgewater was afraid of competing with Mitch " narrative. This is something Bears PR floated out there to look good for taking Foles over Bridgewater.

The KEY here is FAIR COMPETITION ( vs. rigged) . Plus, I believe what the guys in the vid said about Pace wanting to look good when Mitch beats out Foles ( a former SB MVP). I think the Bridgewater camp "smelled " all this, saw it was a set up and told Pace to take a hike.

Pace, deep down..... is still about trying to look good for drafting Mitch over Watson & Mahomes. Pace is about ego , not winning. IMO
WTF are you talking about? 'I heard a rumor' is as likely as not, a writer making up an interesting slant. Rumor from a single source is now fact. It could also be spin from an agent to look better Seems to me that Pace and Nagy have great reputations of being straight with the players and no history of lying to anyone.

Bridgewater had other offers with guarantees which made this gig less interesting. He talked to us because he could see we have this great D and had assurances that we would improve the O so this was a great spot... if he was assured of starting. I like him but will not spin facts for him. I think Foles is a better fit if they are still trying to develop Mitch in this O and I hope Foles starts the year.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Glad we didn’t give up anything to get cam BUT we should have signed him instead of trading for foles. he’s getting an incentive based contract in New England...we could have offered that and had a former MVP who is instantly an upgrade over Trubisky or Foles. It’s a huge loss not making that move if you ask me.
Without his health, he his NOT an upgrade over either. Cam is heavily reliant on his physical ability, and he does not have a very good arm or is particularly good at reading defenses.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky pissed people off with his stats last year, what in god's name would make you want Newton...He hasn't been better than Trubisky for the past 4 years...

If you want Newton, you are hoping the past 5 years were just a dream and the real Newton from 5 years ago is just waiting to show up....hoping and dreaming is not a realistic plan....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this stage the only thing that matters is how they perform.

If Foles outperforms all the other options then good on Pace.

If one of the other guys plays better than Foles and Trubs then don't let the door hit you on the way out Pace.

Liked Posts:
So Bridgewater was a bitchboi and didn't want to have to compete for the starting QB role? What spineless weasel.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If it was Bridgewater vs Foles/Quinn then I'm happy with the outcome.

msadows

Liked Posts:
- The defense looks great but the offense isn't shit. Who built this offensive line!?

- Wow well the Patriots fucked up letting Brady go.

- Drew Brees needs to retire

- Fire Nagy, Pace, Mitch. This offense is bad.

- Watson isnt that good without Hopkins.

- Detroit still cant do anything right.

- Aaron Rodgers has to be pissed, he has no help and the Packers are mediocre.

I have a feeling nearly all your predictions will be correct.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So Bridgewater was a bitchboi and didn't want to have to compete for the starting QB role? What spineless weasel.

Pretty dumb take. If the choice is go somewhere that you are guaranteed to start vs somewhere that you aren't you take the former every time.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cam is in a much better organizational sitution with the Pats, than if he came here.
and rack his stats up too, they'll end up letting him go for a comp pick. and then develope or find the next brady in the draft next season. could possibly sign rodgers if he dips or a trade happens.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
and rack his stats up too, they'll end up letting him go for a comp pick. and then develope or find the next brady in the draft next season. could possibly sign rodgers if he dips or a trade happens.

....or if things go well, they keep Cam and still draft a Qb.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bridgewater may or may not have been an improvement. But I don’t think he was the answer, either.