Parking help

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have tickets to take my boys (12 & 13) to the Bears-Vikings game in Sept.
A few years back I found a place online that had great parking near the lakefront with easy in and out for like 30-50$
I cannot find who I used now and I don't want to get ripped off.
Does anyone have suggestions for easy in-out parking on game day? I am driving up from Peoria.
I know its early but I feel like if I dont reserve now I wont be able to get anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
How far away are you willing to park? I used to live up by little Vietnam and the argyle red line stop and there was a really cheap all-day parking and not far from LSD, so you won't have to crawl through neighborhoods. Had a few friends use it for Cubs games; If you're willing to get to and from Soldier Field by train or bus then you'll get a way better price, and in September it will be nice out for the commute.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will keep that in mind but I was hoping to park close enough to walk to the game from the car. There was a small lot along the lake overlooking the trails we parked at last time and I bought the pass online.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Recall an intersection you may have spotted along the way in?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's a decent lot at 63rd and Austin. Free shuttle as well. Shuttle leaves 15 minutes before kickoff.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe it was in the circled area here. Either that or maybe a little farther south. It took less than 15 minutes to walk to the stadium.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anytime I go to Chicago I use SpotHero. You can buy a parking sport by the hour/day/month. That way you know exactly where to go and you'll have a spot no matter what.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A shuttle leaving 15 minutes before kickoff is about an hour too late.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
Here is what I have done the last few times that I have driven in on game day. I drive to Homewood (which has easy access to I-80) and park in the Metra electric lot. If I remember correctly parking is $2. Get a weekend unlimited ride Metra pass for $10, and take the Metra electric to 18th street station. Soldier field is a very short walk from the 18th street station. Easy peasy.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I live way out East. I went to Soldier Field once in my life (the Packers game in Wanny's first year where the defense beat them 21- something and it was all defensive TDs as Favre wasn't really Favre yet and the Bears offense was fully realized as trash) and I am kind of good with that being that.

But if there was ever an official CCS tailgate, I would seriously reconsider another trip to football Mecca

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Taking the boys to see the kids?
Take an uber in. That way they drop you off right out front! Just tell them as a point of reference "I'll be the one in all the Bears gear."

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thank goodness I live in sw suburbs. I park at orange line at Midway, take train to Roosevelt, and then walk to soldier field. It is so easy. Better than going to union and taking Uber to soldier field.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Thank goodness I live in sw suburbs. I park at orange line at Midway, take train to Roosevelt, and then walk to soldier field. It is so easy. Better than going to union and taking Uber to soldier field.
It's such a nice walk from Roosevelt! I just love the walk to the stadium, it's this sidewalk march, two-and-three fans wide, of excited people and you can't help but feel the crowd energy already.

Honestly, OP, I'd still recommend parking away and taking public transit so your boys can get that part of the experience.