Pat Shurmur a possibility

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Talented young core? Yeah, not so much... He's going there because he can call his own plays.

Both things can be true. No one on offense is over 30 except Leary.

Lock - 23
Lindsey - 25
Freeman - 23
Sutton - 24
Fant - 22

That is a decent young core if they develop. Lindsey and Sutton already good.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I heard Shurmur didn't score well on Nagy's bubble screen pop quiz, thus was never really in consideration.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd still be ok with Jim Caldwell. I think he can fix Mitch.

leepster

Liked Posts:
Someone call Todd Haley, we need a boot in the ass type coach, not all this positive reinforcement , constructive criticism bullshit.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Blame trubisky all you want no one will want to coach under Nagy. He has total control and is an egomaniac. He openly admitted to never giving up playcalling duty. Why take a job playing under him when you could be the head honcho and call plays for another team.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Someone call Todd Haley, we need a boot in the ass type coach, not all this positive reinforcement , constructive criticism bullshit.

He would probably make Mitch cry like he did to Corey Coleman on hard knocks. Yeah I agree this is the problem with Nagy. There is actually too much positivity and too much positive reinforcement. They treat Trubisky like a child.

Todd Haley would mentally break Mitch

TL1961

Liked Posts:
One of the things I like about Shurmur is not just his ability to get production out of his QBs, but from the running game as well. He had 3 of his 4 seasons as OC, he had over 1900 yards rushing, close to 500 more than what we had this year. If our D can be limited to 30 minutes or less on the field, there's not many teams that can beat us. Too often I saw the D collapse in the final minutes or at a crucial time because they were gassed. If we had a running game that can control time of possession, our D would be even better. That was one of the reasons why our D was so good in 2018, we had better rushing numbers.
He was able to get yards out of Saquon Barkley. Impressive.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Funny as fuck that Fangio's offense will be better than Nagy's
giphy.gif

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Mike Kafka finna come in here and run the triple option with lil Mitchell. Set the league on fire.

jive

Liked Posts:
Bears will go after Kafka, but he'll probably decline the job as well. Coaching Mahommes vs Trubisky? Working under Reid vs Nagy? Forget about it. Even if he leaves KC, he has a number of other options to become an OC other than here.

I was really hoping on Shurmur, but now we'll probably have to settle for someone like Mike Groh. He has had success in the passing game, but not so much in the running game, so Nagy would probably like him. He did pretty well with receivers, and is familiar with the Reid system. He'll be an improvement, from sucking monkey scrotum to average/slightly above average. However, I don't think he's the best guy out there. But, he's mediocre enough for the ownership to hire.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol @ people trying to blame Trubisky for Shurmur going to Denver. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Shurmur getting total control of the offense and getting to call plays. And not being on the hot seat as soon as he signs his deal. Anywhere other than Chicago is the smart choice.

Face it. Potential OCs won't want to come here because they're basically only an offensive coordinator in name. This is Nagy's offense. Nagy is calling the plays. Why anyone thought a legit OC would want to come here is beyond me. This is likely going to be a 1-year gig. We're going to get some QB coach or offensive assistant.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol @ people trying to blame Trubisky for Shurmur going to Denver. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Shurmur getting total control of the offense and getting to call plays. And not being on the hot seat as soon as he signs his deal. Anywhere other than Chicago is the smart choice.

Face it. Potential OCs won't want to come here because they're basically only an offensive coordinator in name. This is Nagy's offense. Nagy is calling the plays. Why anyone thought a legit OC would want to come here is beyond me. This is likely going to be a 1-year gig. We're going to get some QB coach or offensive assistant.
Essentially, the best Bears fans can hope for is that Nagy lands the best Yes Man he can possibly find, because that is all they will be.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though we didn't get him, it proves those posters who said Nagy's ego was too big to hire an experienced OC were dead wrong...

Not really. It was based on Nagy giving up play calling which in all likelyhood was not happening. If Nagy can get Shurmer and it involves Nagy taking a step back, then we'd be wrong.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not really. It was based on Nagy giving up play calling which in all likelyhood was not happening. If Nagy can get Shurmer and it involves Nagy taking a step back, then we'd be wrong.
You have a link for this assumption? Getting sick of the bs spewed around here...