In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The Bills suck, they need OT's and WR's so why would they trade down that far just for our 3rd rounder? Our third rounder is only worth 180 points and the difference from #9-#14 is 250 points. With all that said, Donald is a game changer so I wouldn't hate it but the only person I would move up for is Clowney.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
we really need to get a safety. it's pretty thin. so i'd be happy to trade up to #9 to get Donald, I DO think he's special. wonder if we could trade TWO fourth instead of one third? I'd love to get Donald then a safety at #51, and if we have our third, a CB there. THERE are some good CBs later in the draft. i'm big on Exum later.

#09 Aaron Donald DT
#51 Deone Buccannon OR Terrence Brooks S
THIRD TRADED
4th McCullers DT
5th Exum CB
6th Thomas RB
6th Lyerla TE

Solid

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And exactly which third round LB and CB prospects do you believe are going to step in and be better than our current logjam of LBs and veteran CBs?
I don't have a list but a couple LB's are C.Borland and S.Skov and there's a few CB's that could start on some teams that will be found in the middle rounds.
Does that help you out there guy??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
so you wouldn't be happy with Donald and Bucannon as your first three picks.......if we could get those players and give up our third I'd do it in a heart beat.
Don't get me wrong here cause i'd love to have Donald and Buchannon but the cost of our 3rd round pick is a lot to me. I wouldn't be throwing shit at the tv if we did it and ended up with those two for sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think that phrase being thrown around is misleading. Yes, the draft is deep, but NOT with all starters in the 3rd round. Just good solid players. Some will be starters; some will not. It depends on the position. Safety or even CB - NO WAY. Some GMs are saying there are only 5 draftable safeties in the ENTIRE draft. I'm not sure where people are getting the impression that the first 100 or so picks all have great chances to be starters. I totally disagree. We'll see how it all pans out....
Wait a minute here.....read what i wrote, it says "There's a CHANCE that we find a starter in the 3rd" and there is a CHANCE.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I think we should do whatever we can to draft Donald,guy is the next warren sapp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Path to the Draft also must not realize that Lovie Smith is the Buccaneers head coach and not the Bears head coach...

They also must not realize how much talent we need to bring in on defense not just this year but next year when all our older players either retire or are cut loose into FA...

They also must not realize that Aaron Donald 1 among many talented and versatile defensive tackles in the draft... This thing is literally stacked with starter potential up until the mid 4th round as far as defensive tackles go...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
however we can get 3 of these guys, make it happen:

Donald 1st
Hageman 1st-2nd
Nix 1st-2nd
McCullers 3rd-4th

Gilbert 1st
Dennard 1st
Fuller 1st
Roby 1st-2nd
Verrett 1st-2nd
McGill 2nd-3rd

Pryor 1st
HHCD 1st
Bucannon 1st-2nd
Ward 1st-2nd
Brooks 2nd-3rd

Barr 1st
Mosley 1st
Shazier 1st

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
however we can get 3 of these guys, make it happen:

Donald 1st
Hageman 1st-2nd
Nix 1st-2nd
McCullers 3rd-4th

Gilbert 1st
Dennard 1st
Fuller 1st
Roby 1st-2nd
Verrett 1st-2nd
McGill 2nd-3rd

Pryor 1st
HHCD 1st
Bucannon 1st-2nd
Ward 1st-2nd
Brooks 2nd-3rd

Barr 1st
Mosley 1st
Shazier 1st

Please add Pierre Desir to that list for 2nd or 3rd round picks... hes a Corner with great size speed and athletic ability... He is going to be a solid starter in the NFL for whichever team takes him...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please add Pierre Desir to that list for 2nd or 3rd round picks... hes a Corner with great size speed and athletic ability... He is going to be a solid starter in the NFL for whichever team takes him...

do you one better

Donald 1st
Hageman 1st-2nd
Nix 1st-2nd
McCullers 3rd-4th

Gilbert 1st
Dennard 1st
Fuller 1st
Roby 1st-2nd
Verrett 1st-2nd
McGill 2nd-3rd
Desir 2nd-3rd
Baptiste 2nd-3rd

Pryor 1st
HHCD 1st
Bucannon 1st-2nd
Ward 1st-2nd
Brooks 2nd-3rd

Barr 1st
Mosley 1st
Shazier 1st

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
do you one better

Donald 1st
Hageman 1st-2nd
Nix 1st-2nd
McCullers 3rd-4th

Gilbert 1st
Dennard 1st
Fuller 1st
Roby 1st-2nd
Verrett 1st-2nd
McGill 2nd-3rd
Desir 2nd-3rd
Baptiste 2nd-3rd

Pryor 1st
HHCD 1st
Bucannon 1st-2nd
Ward 1st-2nd
Brooks 2nd-3rd

Barr 1st
Mosley 1st
Shazier 1st

God I love this years prospects for the bears... What a great year to need defense...

Mosley Nix Baptiste This would re-solidify the middle of the field and give us a guy who can learn from Tillman...

Hageman Verrett McCullers I would love to see this combination on the field with Hageman and McCullers bull rushing and Verrett in the slot... This would be pretty much put an end to running up the middle up the field...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I don't have a list but a couple LB's are C.Borland and S.Skov and there's a few CB's that could start on some teams that will be found in the middle rounds.
Does that help you out there guy??

The point is the record of third round picks coming in and starting, let alone making an immediate impact, is extremely thin. If Emery is gearing up to seriously compete next year, the value of third round bench warmer is significantly diminished when compared with trading up to get an immediate impact starter in the first round.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think Emery is going to roll with Mundy and Conte this year. He picked up 3 DE's in free agency and will draft a tackle this year. I am guessing the idea here is with an improved pass rush the safety play will improve. Keeps him flexible to draft other positions.

I think there is ZERO chance of this happening.

If Conte and Mundy are our staring safeties, I am going to golf on Sunday afternoons this fall.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Given that we have needs at 4 defensive positions, and it is almost impossible to not have a guy available that we really love at one of those positions, I would not like a trade up.

I like Donald. A lot. But "game changing elite talent"? A guy worth #14 AND a 3rd? I don't think so. His size is still a concern. And we need DT's that stop the run, and he may not be the guy to do that.

I will be very happy if we get him, but I don't want him at that cost. I think we need a defensive starter -or at least major contributor - in the 3rd.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm slowly coming around on Mundy. but we need HHCD or Pryor playing next to him. or no worse than Bucannon, Ward or Brooks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah and add a couple MLB's to the list to please cause we definitely need one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The point is the record of third round picks coming in and starting, let alone making an immediate impact, is extremely thin. If Emery is gearing up to seriously compete next year, the value of third round bench warmer is significantly diminished when compared with trading up to get an immediate impact starter in the first round.
Yeah i think i understood what you were saying but we will still get an immediate impact starter at 14 and i guess i don't devalue 3rd round picks the way you do and again i'm a huge Donald fan so if we do trade up to get him i will be cool with it but i'd rather keep our 3rd rounder and hopefully get a 3rd impact player with that pick.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah and add a couple MLB's to the list to please cause we definitely need one.

Donald 1st
Hageman 1st-2nd
Nix 1st-2nd
McCullers 3rd-4th

Gilbert 1st
Dennard 1st
Fuller 1st
Roby 1st-2nd
Verrett 1st-2nd
McGill 2nd-3rd
Desir 2nd-3rd
Baptiste 2nd-3rd