Path to the draft thinks we trade up...

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah think the Bears will try to trade up to 9 to leapfrog the Lions and take Aaron Donald. Would the board be ok with this? I would. Rather not move up, but I think Donald is that good. I love this time of year...just a few more days

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one has a clue what we are going to do...........my best guess is still safety

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah think the Bears will try to trade up to 9 to leapfrog the Lions and take Aaron Donald. Would the board be ok with this? I would. Rather not move up, but I think Donald is that good. I love this time of year...just a few more days

Dude, I saw that. They were just talking hypothetical trades that they thought made sense. Nothing to report here. They're just doing the same shit we do here.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Dude, I saw that. They were just talking hypothetical trades that they thought made sense. Nothing to report here. They're just doing the same shit we do here.
I know. A trade up is something that I really hadn't thought too much about. Just throwing it out there for people who didn't see it. That's all.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. A trade up is something that I really hadn't thought too much about. Just throwing it out there for people who didn't see it. That's all.

Trading up should be on the table if the Bears top choice is available and within reach.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we try and trade down with the Ravens who waffle at the last moment,don't report and we miss our pick.

proton

Liked Posts:
Out of town stupid. They have to go safety in the first round with this current group of misfits and cast offs from other teams on the roster. DT can wait until the second round.

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
I would not be OK with this. Donald is my favorite. But we can't trade up in the first. I am OK with picking 14 or trading down. If there is someone in the 2nd or third we love maybe we can trade up then. But we need a couple starters. We can't afford a first round trade up.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I would not be OK with this. Donald is my favorite. But we can't trade up in the first. I am OK with picking 14 or trading down. If there is someone in the 2nd or third we love maybe we can trade up then. But we need a couple starters. We can't afford a first round trade up.
Been my thoughts all along. But, in Phil I trust

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I would rather stay put and keep our picks. We need to build some depth in and when guys get hurt. I don't think i can watch another run defense like we had last year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would rather stay put and keep our picks. We need to build some depth in and when guys get hurt. I don't think i can watch another run defense like we had last year.

Donald, Clowney, Mack are the only defensive talents in the draft worth moving up for as they all look like they are going to be special.

The rest have too much risk attached.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of town stupid. They have to go safety in the first round with this current group of misfits and cast offs from other teams on the roster. DT can wait until the second round.

There is no "have too". I agree safety is our greatest need but if Donald is available you take him.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Sorry but I think Lovie is gonna take Donald and we won't even have a shot

Sent from somewhere somehow

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
There is no "have too". I agree safety is our greatest need but if Donald is available you take him.

I think Emery is going to roll with Mundy and Conte this year. He picked up 3 DE's in free agency and will draft a tackle this year. I am guessing the idea here is with an improved pass rush the safety play will improve. Keeps him flexible to draft other positions.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Sorry but I think Lovie is gonna take Donald and we won't even have a shot

Sent from somewhere somehow

No one is really talking about the Bucs taking Donald but it is a real possibility IMO. One last FU from Lovie. Maybe it means they don't have to sign McCoy to a big contract and Lovie may think Donald is that special 3 tech the way Sapp was.